1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

How many Is too many?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jimbouk, Mar 23, 2017.

1. jimbouk

jimbouk Donator

I seem to have a bad case of wanting to buy loads of rifles and seem to be able to justify the need! Is this normal, is it just a passing phase...possibly the beginnings of some kind of obsession. I really am not materialistic at all but seem to have found a week spot :facepalm:

On a serious note, how many do you own and why? Different callibers for different things? Some as collectors items?

2. Mr_Garth

Mr_Garth Donator

I think the proper number is n+1.
    Hence, n+2 would be too many
    :)

-Garth

3. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

I have no problem, until I come on this forum and see what others have, then I want to buy buy:frusty:, bloody lot of gun junkies they are:p

4. danban

danban Posting Addict

1 rapid. 22 fac
    1 22lr
    1 .243
    2 x 12g
    I would like another rapid and I would like to change my 22lr.
    I think you never have enough guns. I could slim mine down to
    1 rapid
    1 243
    1 12g
    But I'm not going to!
    In the future I would like a .308 but we will see!

5. themadspread

themadspread Donator

3,s about right but im getting a new110 when it comes out in 2.0 in the summer(and remember you must have a springer its the law)

6. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

Have just the one now :) but own 6 bikes :D

7. Rob-ontarget

Rob-ontarget Donator

My name is Rob and im a gunoholic!!
    Eight rifles and twelves pistols so far..

8. rich79

rich79 Lovin the smell of cordite in the morning

There isn't "too many", it's more "not enough room" which means make more room, buy what you want & if after a while you get bored or don't want any in particular then sell them.

9. dodgyeye

dodgyeye Donator

It's tough air guns seem to take you on a journey of discovery. It got a bit silly for me so I had to justify every gun. First by use, do I use often or does it have a specific allocation, like winter gun. Next it has to be simple to work on at home, no gun shop hassles.

So after an enjoyable journey of discovery, I'm currently down to 7 complete rifles, but by the end of the year will try and choose 2 to go. A tough call, but if it's not used that much it will go.

But I can't see me passing on my two twins - 1947 BSA Cadet Major & 1947 Cadet .177 and also the Pre WW2 underlever tap loaders 1920's BSA Light Pattern .177 & the BSA No 2 'Giant/Long Tom' .22. There all just too good to shoot.

Managed to get pistols down to two a 1950's Webley Senior .177 and Tempest .22.

However, I have given my self an out by permitting myself to save old neglected airguns, give them a service, enjoy for a while, then pass on. So they don't count :D

Enjoy your journey. :up:

10. bartrum

bartrum Active Member

You can never have too many. 2 .22 air rifles, 2 .177 air rifles, 9mm garden gun, 2 .410's, 4 12gauge, 7mm-08, 30-06.

11. Popgun

Popgun Donator

You must be a Rapid owner[​IMG]

12. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

I have 1, soon to be 2 :whoo:

Ray

13. Readie

Readie Grumpy Old Fart

But (n X 2) would give complete back up :up:

14. jimbouk

jimbouk Donator

Not yet but I will be one day!

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

15. richardscar

richardscar Donator

you can never have too many . I enjoy shooting and like all different types of gun . It is great fun and very relaxing :)
    I have 10 at the moment .
    If I was rich and did not have a nagging wife , I would have hundreds !!

16. jimbouk

jimbouk Donator

4 seems a good number....
    1 x springer, 1 x .177, 1 x .22 and a .25 fac....maybe

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

17. dodgyeye

dodgyeye Donator

And then you have to find the one that you shoot with best, :laff: . . . nurse!

18. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Good question

I go through phases of wanting everything and anything.

At one point i had 4 guns with another 14 on the list!

Then i thought i will just keep the one gun and master that in every way and have it so that it was a mere extention of my mortal body. ( my bowkett tuned R10-SE. 177)

But...............everyone needs a springer! So im after a hw99 in .177

But................ i really want to try out .20 calibre which then takes me back to the springer part do i get a hw95 and order a .20 barrel to go on it............or stick with the hw99s and buy a hw110 in .20

Thats my plan, to have 3 guns for different reasons

Bowkett R10-SE for everything

Hw99s as you need a springer its law

And something in .20 to see what its all about

19. Chicken_man

Chicken_man Engaging Member

I'm going through this at the moment. Got back into shooting and went a bit mad. Already had Dad's old S200 in .22 which is awesome. But got an Ultra SE in .177 which I love to bits. Then decided on impulse to grab that Cometa 400S I had walked past so many time in Mole Valley and I'm well pleased with that for the price. Then decided to complete the set I needed a springer in .177 so went for a HW95K. I think this was my step too far as I now can't justify it. The Cometa is perfect for plinking and probably a better squirrel gun out to 25 yards as it .22 and I've got PCP for everything else. The 95K doesn't really get a look in. That's a shame as it's mint and a pretty gun. Probably more accurate in my hands than the Cometa out to 35 yards but I most likely won't be using a springer for that.

After much soul searching I think it'll be going on sale. Only put a couple hundred pellets through it so maybe need more time to think.

I'm putting in for FAC soon so hopefully will have .22LR, .17HMR and .22 and maybe .25 FAC air. I can't see where a high quality .177 springer fits in with this. I love the gun but I think it will rarely be picked for what I need.

20. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

well i can count my guns and pistols all on 1 hand so i think thats enough