1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

how hard is to get fac help

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by raptor, Jan 10, 2008.

1. raptor

raptor Active Member

:confused:how hard is it to get fac licence . what do you require
    because ive been told i need a safe and two referees
    what about gun club business or land
    can anyone tell me what i need please

2. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

You must be proved to be of good character, Have a clean Police record, not have a drink problem including not been done for drink driving, NO/NONE Drugs problem, No mental illness history, These are just some of the top questions!
    If u do not qualify for any of the above, I wouldn't BOTHER....then if u do

Phone you local police, ask for the phone number for the firearms dept, they will post u a application form....and yes u will need a lock u cabinet, but this must be Police approved...but don't buy it until you have filled in the form...and spoke to the fire arms officer, different Policed areas, demand different things.

I hope this has been of help to u..Andy

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  3. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Andys pretty much hit all of the critierion on the head.
    Make sure you have an approved cabinet bolted to a stone wall in your house first.
    I had to bolt the cabinets to my wall,have internal security bars on my windows and have PIR fitted to my doors and windows as well as security cameras fitted outside!.
    I genuinely think that the powers that be are trying to put potential gun owners off by hitting them with ridiculas possession rules

4. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Follow this link and trawl through the information.
    http://www.basc.org.uk/content/certificate_application_f

Basically though, it's your right as an Englishman to own a shotgun, so getting a shotgun certificate is relatively easy. It's down to the Firearms Dept of your local Police to prove you shouldn't have one. With Firearms Cerificates it's the other way round. You don't have a right to own a firearm, it's down to you to prove that you have "good reason" to own one.
    All that's been said above is right and, in the case of a shotgun, if you fulfill the above you'll probably get your ticket, but not so for FAC.
    The easiest way to get one is to own or have shooting rights to land suitable for the use of the calibre of gun you intend to get and have need for. The other way is to join a target club. It will still be 6 months before you can apply for the FAC and you will have to wait till invited to do so by the club officials.

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

You're on early :confused:

6. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Yes...off work ill and had to get up to go to the Doctors.

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

the gun cabinet needs to be out of site too (in a cupboard or under stairs that sort of thing)

but i think everythings covered by the helpful people above

8. tasso

tasso Member

The other thing not mentioned is you have to be a member of a Home Office approved shooting club, and have to be a probationary member for at least three months

9. baytree

baytree Newbie

FAC requirement

I am new here and live in the USA. I just bought my first airgun and read all I can to learn from those with more experience. I just wanted to comment on all the restrictions you have to own and use an air rifle.. I feel genuinely sorry for all of you. This is not meant to start a political debate just to make you aware of the differences in how we live. I sell guns and have great respect for them and those who use them. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why our good friends in the UK are not trusted enough by their govt to enjoy a simple air rifle without what seem like nuisance restrictions. The English people are among the most disciplined and civil on the planet and would easily have my trust in owning and using an air rifle. I hope that someday things get easier for you in enjoying your past time. I hope I have offended no one, that is not my intent... just making note of surprising differences.

10. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Welcome to the forum mate,Well put :up:

11. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Baytree, first of all welcome to the forum and feel free to ask away on anything you need.

With regards to the differences between our respective sides of the pond, I have many friends on your side who just can't believe we allow our government to impose all the restrictions we have, especially in the Law and Order field. Last time we were over visiting, Jenny and I were talking to a couple of Officers outside a Crispy Cream outlet just west of Atlanta and we were comparing the two legal systems for about 30 minutes. They couldn't believe how our system works, or doesn't. Both of them said they couldn't work in Law Enforcement run like ours is.
    I'm a BIG fan of America and the American way of life, it's just a pity I found out about it so late in life, when it was too late to do anything about it.

12. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Sorry mate, not true, l have never been a member of a shooting club.

13. tasso

tasso Member

Quote from the Met:
    Unless you are a landowner, or have the permission from a landowner to shoot vermin or larger game with a Section 1 firearm, you will need to join a Home Office approved rifle and/or muzzle-loading pistol club. This is necessary for you to establish good reason for the possession of such a gun.

14. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Not what u said B4 mate, don't worry lm not having a go at u:up: l do have permission from a land owner:Dand "1" of the good reason's for me having a FAC is, free range chickens, believe it or not, and a lot more farms, will be changing to free range as 2 the very bad conditions chicken are kept now, witch is very good 4 shooters. Andy:D:D:D

15. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Bang on mate!.
    As of 2012 all battery type chicken enterprises will be banned by EU.
    Most meat poultry units are gearing up to free range already.
    Mind you, I dont know why the poultry farmers continue to produce bearing in mind that they only get 2p, yes thats two pence per chicken finished!!!!!.
    as I have said here before agriculture in all its forms is a dying industry.
    the reasons are obvious but im pretty sure most of you folks know them.

cheaper to import from unregulated non EU countries in the "name of world trade" than to buy from strictly defined EU welfare guided stock units.
    Then the powers that be wonder where we get all these new animal viruses from, DUH!.

16. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

do them battery powered chickens lay eggs you are clever up there in bonny scotland battery chickens kept that to yourselfs do they cluck how long does the batterys last

17. springboy

springboy Engaging Member

Here is a pdf for a firearms application form:

Gives you an idea of what they ask you print it off and fill it in.

18. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Errrr yes, depends which aspects of the "American way of life" you're talking about. Are you keen on the obesety problem? The refusal to do anything about global warming? Maybe you like the legal system and the way you can sue for anything at all.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  19. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I've spent quite a lot of time in America and I have to say that the obesity problem isn't as bad as it's made out to be over there and we are catching up FAST. Yes there are some very big people in the States, but there are here too. The American Government isn't the only one not doing enough to conquer global warming, take ours for instance..the only measures they are interested in are the ones that entail taxing the gonads off the British people. And...finally...haven't you been watching TV for the last few years ??? Does this sound familiar..."Have you had an accident at work or on the road in the last three years, a trip or fall....etc etc " That's here...right now !!!

But I didn't mean that..I meant the "work hard play hard" attitude to life, the freedoms they have that we don't, a tax system that actually lets you end up with some disposable income, the open spaces and most of all ...THE GUNS !!!!!!

20. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

white noise?ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!.