1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

How did you get into Air Guns?.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Xray5992, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Xray5992

Xray5992 Newbie

How did you first get into air guns?
    well.. iv always been into air soft guns..me and my freinds would have bb gun battles lol...we always loved getting nw ones that were powerfull and stuff..so one day i went out with my granma and saw a powerline 15xt .. so i got it not so shoot friends with ofcourse it shot 480 fps, i loved it..it was a good pocket size pistol and was powerfull. then i started getting powercrazy lol..so i bought a crossman pumpmaster 760 and i liked it then i moved up to an airmaster 77 i loved it even more, next thing you know im bought some land and am hunting on it with my Sierra pro (Aka winchester summit) my G1 Xtreme and the powerline 1000s aka winchester 1000sb. Iv probobly spent 6 or 7 hundred $$$ just on my air rifles / pistols and another 100 on optics, and probobly 50 on ammo and targets.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  2. linkpin

linkpin Active Member

Pestered Mum and Dad for one when I was seven years old!:(: So, for my birthday, mum managed to get me one,second hand from a colleague at work. That was way, way, back.:): It was a Diana Model Seven, iirc, with a smooth bore, which became my pride and joy:): There were far fewer problems with gun ownership in those far away days!

3. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I actually started off at the bottom of the scale, I used to buy cap guns and those cheap and nasty £5 BB guns from paper shops. Sometimes I'd get one of those ones that shoots those little rubber suckers that stick to the TV.

So anyway, when these became boring (it didn't take long) I moved up to more powerful BB guns, the ones with the magazines. Those too quickly became dull, so I started getting into airsoft guns. Gas blowbacks are the favourite, I own three gas blowback pitols and machine pistols. I did have an electric rifle at one time, but I didn't like it all that much because it never worked properly.

After airsoft guns, I started venturing into air weapons, first of all I got a CO2 pistol running at about 4 ft/lbs, this was a huge step up from anything I'd previously had.

Of course, it didn't take long for me to get a rifle too. I went for a BSA, spring break barrel. That about 7 months ago now and I still have it, but since I've collected another spring rifle (HW57 - should arrive today) and a CO2 rifle.

No doubt I'll be moving up to PCP soon, but it seems expensive and I don't see the need as I'm not really a hunter.

That's my long winded story, basically I started at the bottom and worked upwards, I must've spent a good £400 on guns in the last year.

4. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

when i was a youngun westerns were on the telly every day i was mad on guns so i started with an air pistol and has soon as i was big enough to hold a rifle i got one you could roam about on common land and get no bother of the coppers those days by things have changed anyway i always wanted to be a cow boy guess my dream came true i have heard rockabilly saying similar and now he is a cow girl

this one has got me reminiscing every Christmas i would wake up and there would be a new cowboy outfit for me this is when i saw the first change in rockabilly knocked on his door with my new outfit on no answer so i peeped through his front window he was wearing a nurses uniform and he was an only child strange i thought any way later that day he came round mine. i thought to watch shane but he told me calamity jane was his favorite has you no things have getting worse for him over the years his cammy gear is bright yellow and he is having real problems passing water while standing so he always takes a big pink bucket with him when shooting i don't go shooting much with him now has he spooks every thing in sight and the noise his high heels make is terrible any way i thought it right to explain his predicament to yous lads be gentle with him thanks tc

5. Xray5992

Xray5992 Newbie

lol

hmm lol..

and btw i started with cap guns also :) i was into cow boys when i was about 5 through 11, i got cap guns and the guns that shoot orange darts.

6. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

well seen that topcat is winding you up again i will have to tell you
    the truth about how he got into shooting.
    it was way back in 1936 when topcat was about fiveteen,
    his family were really poor, his dad used to make him and his sister
    sit around a candle when it was cold, and for a treat when it got really cold his dad used to light it. aye those were the days!
    i cant honestly remember the first time i found out he was a transvestite
    sorry i tell a lie, it was the time he asked me over to his house to see his brand new webley spud gun, his dad told me to go up to his room
    so up i went , honest lads i opened the door and there was topcat
    dressed head to toe in his dorothy squires outfit, fishnet stockings ,high heels (get the picture).
    to say i was shocked is an understatement!
    but i nipped my cheeks together and tried to ignore his new perversion
    to sum my story up, topcat got into air guns to make himself look butch
    but as you all now know , he bats for the other side!
    sorry to have to let you all know this, as its tearing me apart as i"ve
    kept quiet about this for over 65 years , but i know your a good set of lads and you wont hold it against him, yours truthfully .......ronnie

7. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Yeah they're the ones, orange darts :up:

That was only a few years ago ...

8. ian_baptiste

ian_baptiste Engaging Member

well i am a complete newby to shooting!!!

ive had a black widow catapult for years, and have always enjoyed using that for target practice, and the odd spot of ratting!
    then i got speaking to a guy at work, seems he's been hunting with air rifles for years, so i bought a crosman ratbuster pistol, and am now after an air rifle!!!

9. Vaisravana

Vaisravana Active Member

Well like most kids I liked cap guns, but my family stoped me having many toy guns.
    When I was allowed to buy them I always got really good ones. When I first shot an air rifle at a country fair in north yorkshire it just felt right (even being left handed with a right handed bolt) and it sort of blossomed from there.

10. springboy

springboy Engaging Member

After joining the army cadets i pursuaded my dad i was a responsible shooter so he bought me a Dianna G80:)