1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

How’s Everybody Doing?

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Stevie Darling, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Hello AGF,

Not been on for a while, working my ass off to beef up the bank balance. If I can, I don’t plan on working past 50:thumb:

Hope everybody is happy and well.

:):)

dancza, Hans Free, Gunfun and 13 others like this.
  2. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Was going to reply to Nath's thread Stevie, but good to hear things are well with you, despite working yer 'arris off ;)

Also nice to see that your choice in avatars is as tasteful as ever ... ding dong :thumb:

ATB, Mark

Stevie Darling likes this.
  3. RagnarHairybreeks

RagnarHairybreeks Keyboard Hero

Hello Stevie baby!

Not on here as much these days (work-life-fun balance went work when our factory burned down on 2nd of July) but just turned 49 and feel your pain!

Keep the rifles dry and the bunnies wet.

4. mike-carter

mike-carter Pro Poster

Welcome back Stevie, we missed you. We'll get on some good topics again.:up::up:

5. Mortimer

Mortimer Lord Haw Haw

Good to see you back.:D
    Are you still working at the holiday home place? This'll be your second year, won't it?

6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Great to see you back Stevie!!

I hope all is going well mate

7. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

good to see you again steve :up:

8. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Good to see you about Stevie, welcome back ;)

Ray

9. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

For what it's worth, I think you've got the right idea. I mostly retired at 48, it's absolutely fantastic. I still have to do a bit of work now and again to keep things ticking over, but overall the wife and I our masters of our own time. Get up when we want, eat and drink when we want, go to bed..... You get the picture.

I didn't think I'd be able to do it. I've never had a day unemployed and loved work. During our self employed years we worked our proverbials off and it's paid off.

The biggest advantage is that you can still do things. Earlier this year we trekked through virgin jungle in Uganda to see gorillas in the wild, it was the physically hardest thing I've ever done. I can't imagine I personally would be able to do it when I'm 65. February next year we're off to Antarctica for best part of a month, same applies.

If you can do it and you can live with the fact that most conversations with strangers come to a bit of a pause when they ask you what you do, do it.

Dave

WR14210, Stevie Darling and Wild Bill like this.
  10. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Yup early as possible, I managed to mostly retire at 49, did two days a week for 18 months until I could draw a private pension plan then stopped altogether.

11. norman

norman Donator

Living the dream here Stevie...retired early...go for it if you can..:thumb:

12. Sky

Sky Top Poster

Nice to see you back in our midst Stevie. :)

I retired at 53 - not under the circumstances I'd really aimed for, but I did it nonetheless - absolutely the right thing to do if you can. I have to watch the cash-flow a little more closely now than I ever did, but I don't regret it in the slightest - best of luck to you. :thumb:

WR14210 and Stevie Darling like this.
  13. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Hi Steve,just thinking the other day that you hadn't been on the forum much, and wondered if the recent rule changes about politics and religion had put you off so glad to see your'e still with us even if only in the background so to speak.
    If you can afford to retire at an earlier age then it may not be a bad idea just make sure you do your sums correctly financially so that paying the bills etc doesn't become a problem and go for it. None of us know what the future holds for us and how our health will be so there's little point in working to the very last unless circumstances,usually financial, force you to.
    I've never been able to understand these people who say i don't know what i'm going to do when i retire,i'm dreading or not looking forward to retirement. Well there's a simple answer to that,find something to do!
    It might understandable where a vocation is concerned,where their job/profession is a way of life perhaps but not when you're doing a normal run of mill job.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    WR14210 and Stevie Darling like this.
  14. Scott

Scott Moderated user

Hi Stevie, I was just thinking about you the other day (Non sexually and no baby oil either) just wondering where you were...
    Glad to see you're still well and doing well too :up:

15. themadspread

themadspread Donator

good ol stevie boy good to see you around bud

16. pjgtech

pjgtech Bah Humbug.......

Lo Mate, welcome back.... liking the avatar.... :thumb:

17. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Just doing the do me Stevie Darling. stopped moving my ass years ago, :confused:oh ay you mean work wise:D. Glad your back:thumb:

18. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Welcome Back Stevie! :D

19. shauny

shauny Top Poster

hello darling :)

20. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Hello sweetness:D