1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hoping on a perm

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Dai82, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Dai82

Dai82 Well-Known Member

Did the round of the local farms this morning trying to get a permission got a few "we've got it covered sorry" but plodded on. after 5 farms and no joy I headed back home and seen a farmer stopped in a tractor thought b****r it, parked up and went to ask him and it turns out he has a patch of land with a rabbit problem and asked for my number and said he'll ring me and meet me there. So fingers crossed I may have just landed my first perm. Shook his hand thanked him for his time and jumped back in my car and headed home. Just got to wait and keep my fingers crossed now :) :up:

2. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Fingers crossed for you ............ :thumb:

3. surrey shooter

surrey shooter Donator

Good luck mate.

4. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

All the best mate!, you never know!!

5. Deadeye

Deadeye Donator

good luck on the perm .sounds like its in the bag .

6. Dai82

Dai82 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lads, hoping I'll get the call in the next couple of days. If he doesn't phone me by this time next week should I leave it in case he's busy, don't want him thinking I'm a pest or should I go back up for a chat in case he's lost my number?

7. jakey226

jakey226 Busy Member

fingers crossed mate, im same at the minute just trying to sort something out with a bloke I got talking to down the pub....his dad has a massive arable farm with loads of woodise, rabbits and corvids all over just trying to sort a time when all 3 of us have got time to go up and sort permission out

8. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Good luck mate:)

9. Gary1967

Gary1967 Donator

Hope you get em lads :up:

10. themadspread

themadspread Donator

best of luck buddy hope you get it

11. retep

retep Donator

I've took out basc ins and been everywhere to try and get a perm its so difficult the most popular answer I get around the midlands is "I would mate but ive got to many guns and the police only let me have so many"

I really thought when I started it would be easy to get a perm but it aint.....

12. grahamcs

grahamcs Engaging Member

Brilliant well done.

My only perm has been invaded by cows ATM!!

It's not that I can't shoot on it but I have not chosen to for a while due to fear ha ha

13. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Best of luck mate !!!

14. carper

carper Engaging Member

oi oi good luyck fella, such a buz when the first one comes in

15. carper

carper Engaging Member

dont try a cow with a sub 12 lol

16. Dai82

Dai82 Well-Known Member

Thanks again for all the responses and good lucks. I'm off work next week so hoping he gets in touch soon can hopefully spend some time up there next week and get to know the area. Not going to count my chickens just yet though he hasn't rung me yet so trying not to build myself up and don't get the call. It's bloody hard not to though it seemed to go so well

17. carper

carper Engaging Member

try some paddocks as well, horses and rabbits dont mix so paddock owners need rid of them. not many big time shooters worry so much with paddocks so you might get lucky. just be careful of horses lol

18. richywilk

richywilk Engaging Member

I second that I have 70 acres of paddock to shoot over and have never been more popular with the owners and riders there as they really hate rabbits ...

19. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Them cows give me the Willies you never know if they're going to stampede you.

20. grahamcs

grahamcs Engaging Member

They're big b*****s I know that!!