1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

He's Been Given A Second Chance

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Ste.v.a, Sep 15, 2021 at 3:34 PM.

1. Ste.v.a

Ste.v.a All round good guy ( so I'm told )

So as you all know how bad that thread about logun ator turned into the usual.
    Just a quick one for you all in case you haven't noticed. He's been given a second chance and it seems just a temp ban now.
    Which is a good do I'm sure you'll all agree:up:. Please folks don't turn this into a he said she said slagging match.:thumb:

2. v1ktor

v1ktor Busy Member

So, red card becomes yellow on appeal

Byronic likes this.
  3. rellum

rellum Keyboard Hero

If it’s true that’s great news for Mick and even better news for the forum.

Slipknot88, Mice!, pjbingham and 5 others like this.
  4. Ste.v.a

Yeah mate just looking at the banned list :thumb:

Slipknot88, Byronic and rellum like this.
  5. rellum

rellum Keyboard Hero

Yes just looked myself great bit of news

Slipknot88, Byronic and Ste.v.a like this.
  6. twocore

twocore Posting Addict

wirral stuck in retard central looking to escape
    I don't think Adam M will get another chance lol the way he ripped into Tadpole:eek: on the same thread:facepalm: when someone asked why logunator was banned
    Why the change of decision?

bighit likes this.
  7. Ste.v.a

Wouldn't know mate but yeah Adam was bang out of order

twocore, Byronic and bighit like this.
  8. SlugFest

SlugFest Posting Addict

That is brilliant to hear.....I'd honestly felt a bit flat on here after knowing Mick was gone. Thank you Mods for doing what is a very positive thing for the forum and it's membership :up::up::up::up:

9. Seasicksteve

Seasicksteve Posting Addict

I'm always surprised when long standing members get the chop

Not because I feel their above the law . If ppl step out of line must be told ...

But being a member for 10 years and contributing so much must add a few credits to the naughty bank...

Nice to see Mick on the way back

10. Blue Tomato

Blue Tomato Busy Member

Well done mods for being big enough to revisit and take alternative action. Takes a big person to challenge themselves.

Slipknot88, Byronic, rellum and 5 others like this.
  11. shergar

shergar Big Poster

Always sad to read that a long standing member has been banned, When that ban is permanent one accepts that behaviour was so egregious that the mods had no option.
    The use of an extended ban, one month or three months may be alternative for any member whose contribution to the forum has been mostly positive and whose offence does not involve use of forum for dishonest activity.

Byronic and Wilco like this.
  12. norman

norman Donator

That's good news...well done Mod's...:thumb:.....I didn't want the "owner of the most Webley's" badge anyways.....:facepalm:

Slipknot88, Ste.v.a, SlugFest and 5 others like this.
  13. Arrizabalaga

Arrizabalaga Forum Poet

VAR called into play maybe? :D

I was as surprised as anyone else by his ban but not being privy to the PM's I refrained from commenting. I'm glad his sentence has been reduced. :)

Byronic likes this.
  14. Byronic

Byronic Good thing we are all different, eh?

Well done the Mods!

Anyone can stick to their guns come Hell or high water.
    It takes a lot more courage and wisdom to reconsider your decisions.

Obviously, we don't know all the details but FWIW, I am glad to see this second chance.

Paul M. and Ste.v.a like this.
  15. Bam

Bam Engaging Member

Always seemed a very knowledgeable chap and more than willing to help glad to see him back in the fold

Ste.v.a and Byronic like this.
  16. norman

norman Donator

Tiz a fecking awful job ...moderating....sometimes the written word can be interpreted in different ways by different people...this proves that our Mod's are willing to consider/change things with afterthought....i'm sure Mick will come back on after his "holiday" & echo what i've said & move on.

The Mod's do a splendid job....without them we wouldn't exist...:claping:

Welcome back Mick when you touch down....your knowledge is appreciated....:tea:

Everyone's a winner...:up:

Andy_J, Slipknot88, Molgraze and 4 others like this.
  17. Cinimod

Cinimod Keyboard Hero

That's good as I may have some questions for him regarding Webleys...........dom

Ste.v.a and Byronic like this.
  18. Mice!

Mice! Big Poster

I messaged him the other day and he said it may get changed to a temp ban.
    It's great news for everyone.

The sales section on here seems to cause nothing but trouble (and cost me money :facepalm:) given it's a free sales platform I just don't get it?

Jester likes this.
  19. Jamie Tibbles

Jamie Tibbles Well-Known Member

''yes lads,mick the logunator here,and yes ill soon be back,on sun or mon when all will be reviled lets just say an unstoppable force met an immovable object and i got the chop when a slap may had sufficed... ill fill you in later ,id also like to thank all the fb msgs,pms to my mate on here,emails,phone calls and the lads on here for the comments...its nice to know im well thought of and who my friends are....later chaps :)''

pjbingham, Wolfiemac, Bluetoe and 5 others like this.
  20. owain glyndwr

owain glyndwr Posting Addict

Thin edge of the wedge:facepalm:You lot will be blocking the roads soon,If you don't agree with a decision,made by a mod(a good one may I add) You all signed up for the rules,abide by them.....simple