1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Here she is ............the journey begins!

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by neiled, Aug 20, 2014.

1. neiled

neiled Donator

Well the Airwolf's gone and here's the replacement............FAC .22 MK2 Rapid.

Here's how I picked it up from my RFD yesterday after the seller sent it up. First impressions are that it looks ok with no major issues or problems but now the journey of Rapid ownership begins :) let's hope its a smooth one.

View attachment 102013 View attachment 102014

2. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

Looks nice, how old is it. What ft/lbs is she running at, and what do you have in mind pellet wise. KB1

3. neiled

neiled Donator

Questions, questions, questions..........sorry KB1 but I don't know the answers yet.

I'm told it was running at about 40ft lb but I've not chrono'd it yet and I've order a batch of 10 types of pellets to test from "pellet perfect" to see what it likes. From the serial number it looks to be an early to mid 2000's model. It was fitted with a SAK mod which didn't work at all on it so I've ordered an AWT one as they recon they're pretty good on Rapids but as I said on the first post "the journey" with it is only starting :D

4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Very nice mate,

exiting isnt it:)

A rapid with a blodnob shroud would be the tits!!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  5. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

It certainly would Steve. Blod is a good guy too
    The AWT mods are good but mine was a wee bit long so I got philD to machine my barrel and bought a HW mod and it was spot on. All in sub 12 mind so could probably do with a longer one for the FAC
    Let us know how you get on testing the pellets

6. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

very nice i do fancy a rapid

7. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

That's the most enjoyable part, setting up your new lady, in my mind. Let me know what pellets you get in your sample pack. I use bis/mags as you know, 21.3 grn I think. But I have plenty of other tins of heavy's that were used on test, should you want to try some. Keep us posted with ya findings mate. I love following 'FAC' air. Very under rated in my view. I think your going to be enjoying her, me thinks. KB1

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  8. Batz

Batz Busy Member

I like it :up:

9. transporter1

transporter1 Engaging Member

This is mine, rapids are hard to beat especially in fac i tried bis mags and falcon accuracy plus both gave very good results with bis mag at 920 fps and falcons at 1080 fps both makes clover leaf at 55 yards.

10. neiled

neiled Donator

Very nice looking rifle there mate, what size bottle is that?

I've had a chance to do a little testing with mine today and after fitting a new AWT mod (jeez it's long but being a reflex type its not too bad) it tested at 48.76 ft lb and 1,099fps with JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy 18.13g pellets!!!! Not sure on the accuracy as it was only done in the garden at short range but it sounded like a bl**dy cannon going off so I'm not sure if that's down to the power and pellet speed (near supersonic) but I really hope so.

I'm going to try and reduce it to about 35/36ft lb and 950fps to see if that reduces the noise otherwise I've got a big problem because its as loud as my 17HMR!

11. transporter1

transporter1 Engaging Member

Is that ,22 running at 48,76 ft bl the bottle is a 400cc

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  12. neiled

neiled Donator

Yes mate, it's running way too hot and sounds like a bl**dy cannon so I need to turn it down to mid 30's ft lb.

13. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Very nice :up:

14. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

Gosh, that is one sexy looking gun. Lovely wood work. I love that statement ' makes clover leaf' . Have never heard that one before. What is the filling procedure on her, does that tank have to be separated and then separately plugged in to your pump or dive tank. How many shots on average and are they regulated. KB1

15. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

Jesus H , that is some serious ft/lb. Your right about trying to get her to slow down. At distance with that speed I bet it will be near on impossible to get any reliable groups I would imagine. I put some pellets of around 18 grns through my Daystate, and I do not recall the chrono showing any fps that high. Would be great to hear the nose. Any chance you can post a short video of her being naughty, before you tame her down to something nearer 70 mph. KB1

16. j j m

j j m Engaging Member

you just got to love the rapids

17. warrenater

warrenater Donator

don`t discount the lighter pellets in your search i run mine at just over 30 and use aa heavies at 18 grain and they seem to suit her , the ranger i have will not accept anything other than jsb 15.9s and runs at about 34 ft lbs with them. although with bismags it runs at 40 not so accurate with them though.atb gary.