1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Help please with gunpower storm

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by zashark, Jul 29, 2008.

1. zashark

zashark Member

First off

hello all, great looking website and a fantastic chatbox feature!!!

The little big problem i have is, i can not fill up the bottle on my storm, i was firing away untill i friend of mine wanted a go, after a few shots, boom and the bottle just dumped all the air, i think a seal has gone somewhere, i just wanted to know 2 things if anyone knows them please,

1st off what do you guys think is the problem, and whats causing it? any ideas would be greatly appriciated, so i can stop it in the future.

2nd does any one know if i can get a upgraded part for this (valve) complete so touch a lot of wood i wont have to mess with this again,

Thanks again guys for any help

also thanks clabby for the previous help

(p.s if this is in the wrong section please move it to the correct section, sorry and thank you)

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Did it dump the air just as it was shot, if so the valve may have stuck open.
    Are you sure there was enough air pressure left in the bottle to close the valve.

3. zashark

zashark Member

Hi

yeah it did dump the air just as it fired, and now wont fill up, so i suppose the valve could be stuck, yeah the bottle had plenty of air left as i had just charged it before shortly and couldnt have fired more then 20 shots before this happened. So really i have to open the valve up and have a look right?

thanks

4. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

I agree with Andy here your valve is stuck ,

Just got to the below link and you will find everything you need to know about this guns, in detail and with pictures.
    If your valve has a brass insert, then it is much easier to open the valve than the older models.
    Get pointed plier and insert them into the 2 small holes that you see and turn to open. Please make sure your tank has no air first.

http://www.stealthresource.org/

You can buy all the parts from Gunpower directly, they are not expensive. Just keep calling Jeff and he will sort you out, it is a little difficult to get in touch with him but not impossible. Link below.

http://www.gunpower.org.uk/

If you want after market parts, there is plenty of guys which will help you, but i think you should find and repair your problem first.

5. zashark

zashark Member

Hello

thanks guys for the advice will have a bash at opening the valve, hopefully it's just a little stuck, if not i would be happy to spend a little on this to buy a new complete valve made a bit better then this and screw it in, and with any luck by pass this whole problem altogether. Since looking back at it, i think more accurately what happened was when my mate cocked the rifle he never locked it before firing it, i dont know 100% if that would cause this but something along those lines has! will let you guys know in a few days what happens,

On a quick note is the valve stem and tophat supposed to pull out?because it does, as you guys can tell i am no expert at this and once again must say thank you for any help.

thanks again

p.s i noticed you also have 1 lee, it looks pretty sweet.

6. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Yes you can pull out the stem and top hat but not the hole valve....for that you will have to unscrew it just like i told you above or just have a look in the website i posted above.

I do not know exactly what happened but i have a feeling you might have bent the stem....you must open the valve and inspect the stem...please make sure the tank is empty first.

Let us know if you need any more help with it. and let us know what you find.

7. zashark

zashark Member

Hey up guys

good morning, managed to open it and had a look in there, and strangly cant see anything wrong with it??? a wild guess is the spring dislodged of the valve head? only thing i can think of, 2 more quick questions before testing please,

1: where do i get o rings from, meaning are there any certain material ones i have to buy?

2: how do i seal this back up? is it the red thread lock or blue?

Thanks again guys

time for a little bed rest now i think

P.s here's my emergency workstation :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  8. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Before you put any parts together have make sure the stem moves easily up and down when it is n the brass insert. Is there an 0-ring in the brass insert, where the stem moves? Is this the 0-ring that you are after.? You can buy this o-rings from any place where they sell o-rings, just tell them is for high pressure so they give you the best ones. This way they will work much better and last a lot longer. If the gun is new, you do not need to replace them unless they are damaged.
    Now when you have put together the valve and you have screwed it back to the main valve body, make sure that the stem/tophat move up and down freely , just push it with your finger a few times and see how it goes.If everything moves ok then just add air and shoot, maybe the valve spring was not sitting in it’s place properly, it has happened before.
    make sure the stem is nice and smooth and also lubricate the o-ring in the brass insert.
    You do not need to use any thread lock to keep it from coming apart, the o-ring and the pressure will not let it open.

Let us know how you get on.

9. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

I'm still not sure even after looking at the pics of the valve, but it looks like the same sealing system as the FX valve. (Plastic seal against a valve seat) With the FX one, it takes a very small bit of crap to damage the valve stem. This is nearly impossible to see with the naked eye.
    Touch wood, this hasnt happend in a long while now, but it always resuted in replacing the valve stem and seat.

Since i have spares at home it's never happend again!:rolleyes:
    Dont know if you are using a pump, but that was the cause of my problem, and a sevice on the pump seems of stopped it.

10. Buzz

Buzz Banned

By the look of the workstation it could be a fag end or match stick you find in it next time !!!:eek:

11. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

I never owned a pump as i do a lot of scuba diving from a young age. I have heard from a few users of pumps that have leaking problems and most of the time is from dirt getting in through the pump.

Pumps also great moister in the tanks of airguns and this also helps with corrosion of the tube or tank of the airgun, even if pumps have the filter on them.
    By going to dive shops the air they put in your scuba tank is dry, so your tank will not get any corrosion because of the air.

I just thought i would let you guys know this IF you didn’t know it already.

Also next time a picture of the parts will help a lot better than a picture of the work station....i hope you do not lose anything in there:D:D

12. zashark

zashark Member

Hi guys
    A big thank you for your help guys with this matter, i have put everything back together, it seemed the
    valve spring had not been seating properly on the valve head, after carefully putting everything back together, and getting it filled up, the leaking from the valve stem had stopped!! but a new problem occured, the burst disc is leaking now! just fantastic, after speaking with jeff from gunpower have decided to send it in for repairs, despite the problems i still like this rifle too much to give up on it,
    I took in your advice Lee, to the letter and am very grateful for your help in this. The "o" ring i was on about was the one between the bottle and valve, it seemed in pretty good condition but thought since i have it opened up might as well replace it with a new one. Mine does not have any brass inserts in it,
    Fxpoacher, thanks for the advice on pumps, it will come in handy i am sure in the near future, but i am currently filling my bottle up from a diving tanks.
    Buzz, what can i say but LOL,
    And yeah i did realise after laughing my self to sleep that picures of the valve would have been a good idea lol, hey it was late and dont think i was fully aware what was going on, i did drop the burst disc and it took me nearly 20 minutes to find it :)

13. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

I am glad we were all able to help you out, and i do not mean to up set you or anything, BUT did you take out the burst disk when you took the valve off the tank......if yes probably that is why you have a leak now and there was no reason for you to take it off in the first place. Second, you could of easily repaired that problem your self with a big screw driver. and a little tape that the plumbers use. You could of shot the gun until it was empty and unscrewed the burst dick off, then just put the tape on screw it back in and your done.....dead easy.....next time ask mate and we could of saved you a lot of time and money....do not rush.
    If you valve has no brass insert, it means you have the old style....it makes no difference because they are both great valves, so do not worry about that.
    I hope Jeff gets it back to you fast, i am sure he is not not going to charge you a lot ...

14. zashark

zashark Member

Hello

Thanks m8 for the info i will seriously take more note next time, yes your absolutly write leeman, i cant fault you at all.

Thanks again though guys for your help.

15. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Pleasure to help you out, i just wish you didn't rush to send your tank for repair......next time ask me for anything i know them inside out and then some.:up:

16. zashark

zashark Member

Got it back yesterday all sorted

thanks again guys

17. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Good to hear, have lots of fan with it:up: