1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

help picking co2 pistol

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by dazzza11, Jul 31, 2014.

1. dazzza11

dazzza11 Member

Can any one help me pick out a good co2 pistol ? I have upto £290 but i also want a silencer and a bottom laser sight to be add to the gun.

2. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

290 quid is a lot why co2 you can a new hw45 silverster or Alecto for that budget. It'll cost a tin of pellets occAsionaly rather 60p per capsule every 40 shots. And both will be full power seas you'll struggle to get to 2ft lbs in co2

3. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

forget co2, get a HW45 :up: fast fire novelty soon ware's off with the cost of co2 cap's

4. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

I mostly Shoot IPAS & PP so use CO2 powered 6mm Pistols - More speed than Target Shooting

As CO2 powered classed as Air Pistols - can be purchased from any RFD

You can get the latest Colt 1911 Redwolf Recon - retailing around £130.00 for a full metal pistol with blowback

No location - but check out local Air Gun Clubs many are in use these day's -

BOB/R

5. darklord

Not at our club. there generally garage use as they don't have enough power for KD targets. the guys that do take them never shoot them we like to shoot out between 15 and 30 yards. CO2 just don't cut it at that. and were shooting at standard kill zones not a 6 inch plates at 5 yards. Seriously hw45 is way more fun and cheaper in the long run. or the alecto. i also like my hurricanes and they can had for 100 quid used for a really good one.

6. dazzza11

dazzza11 Member

I was spending £290 not just on a gun but laser dot or scope and silencer and ammo just to clear that up , Also I wanted something for the garden that i could put a silencer on when needed . The hw45 looks a great spring air gun but lacks the ability to hold a silencers which is the only down side for me.

7. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Hw45 is a b****r to tame I am far more accurate with my 2240 than the two 45's I've owned. Struggle for power on co2??? Where does that come from ? With co2 you will find any modifications you carry out and you will struggle to keep the power down!

8. Johnc61

Johnc61 Donator

What do you want to use the pistol for? As you can tell from the replies, there are many uses. Repeating CO2 is fun but low power and eats co2 capsules and pellets. Crosman 2240 is single shot but can be modded up to limit 6ft lbs. Hw45 is powerful but needs learning to shoot as has a particular recoil. Alecto is variable power pump pistol and recoiless. Alecto latest version can take a silencer and scope. Once you have one, you'll want more, so keep saving!

9. bobnik

bobnik Engaging Member

Basic 2240 is a good starting place and can be bought new for about£85 in some places - but be prepared to spend a load on add-ons and bling.

10. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

As Co2 pistols go, I have a few and I won't part with two of 'em. I own; CP88, CP99, S&W mod .586 (6") and a GSG92. The CP88, while not particularly accurate, was my labour of love and I'll never get back what I spent on it. The .586 is the most accurate out the bunch, and can hold it's own over 10m. Just let it warm up between shots... :D

The GSG92 is helluva fun to shoot, 28 beebees as quick as you can pull the trigger, with a good blowback. Can be had cheap, and has a rail on the underside for lazorz (mine has one fitted).

I'd still go for a 2240 if it was for target work on your budget though, loadsa bling to be bought for those wee devils!

I've opted to buy the '45 springer now, as Co2 does tend to wear a bit thin after a while...

11. sej016

sej016 Donator

If you are not after a repeater I'd go for a Crosman 2240 (or one of it's variants). - like the 2300T starter target pistol.

And, you can mod the socks of a 2240. I have one fitted with a 14" barrel, MWSS silencer, uprated valve, larger transfer port, hand made wooden stock - so now it's a rifle and fires close to 11ft/lbs - I've chrono'd it.

The down side is - only about 12 shots per cartridge!

On the other hand, my 2300T with a downrated valve .177 gets about 50 shots per cart. But only used for 10M target shooting.

CO2 repeater, I'd say go for one of the Umarex models.

12. dazzza11

dazzza11 Member

Thanks for the help in picking but i think i am going to get a new Walther CP88 6" Nickel , Its for target in my garden plus i like the look of the gun just hope its not to loud .

13. Ben 36

Ben 36 Active Member

Don't forget though that with a budget of £290 you can afford to get a CX4 carbine from Germany with a rifled barrel, 28 shot magazine, blowback and as it's a carbine it'll be over the pistol power limit.

Plus delivered to your door from over there.

14. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

If it still has 2240 stamped on it it's still a pistol!

15. dazzza11

dazzza11 Member

I got myself a cp 99 I got this at a good price and it should help me learn and start out but I am still going to keep looking on the sale thread for a 2240 hopfully it will be already modded with some things .

16. darklord

hw45 is nowhere as bad as you think it is to tame. just every one uses co2 for plinking. we and our 11yo nephew blow tin cans all round the garden with open sites

17. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

I'd have to agree here.

Picked up my '45 today, and within 3 shots I was on bull. Nowhere near as scary as folk make out. I'm shattering my 1" chalk targets no probs at 10m+ on full power, I'd really be struggling with Co2 at that range - even the Smith!

Still got to get some groups down, but it seems to hit what I aim at. Which I'm really pleased about! Absolutely love the thing, gonna get it to the club tomorrow and see how it is over 20-25m.

18. Geordie

Geordie Donator

I can testify to Mick being on the bull within a mere sniff of picking the 45 up today. They are a class act and a pleasure to shoot! Nowt to be scared of on full poke!

19. wilkinss77

wilkinss77 Engaging Member

not all RFD's will sell you 6mm co2 guns, as they think they class as airsoft.

20. darklord

the muzzle crack from a 45 is nothing compared to pca or c02. I don't need a silencer for the garden. /the back stop makes more noise when its hit. hence no need for it.

Ive had the cp88 and two 6" 586's. Fun yes accurate sort of but they do get boring after a while when you want to stretch your ranges. and noisy.