1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

help pcp's

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mickyboy, Mar 4, 2012.

1. mickyboy

mickyboy Engaging Member

having recently decided on getting a pcp i have been leaning towards aa s400.but now having been stuck indoors due to the rain i have just read in this months air gunner an article on the webley raider 10 which i now have taken a liking to and has thrown a spanner into the works. so help needed here guys which one?

2. steve_lincs

steve_lincs Busy Member

i had my heart set on an aa s410, went to gunshop and it wasnt for me, its ok reading up in magazines, looking on youtube but untill youve held the gun, got into various stance positions which you mainly use you may get to a shop and realise the s400 and raider really arnt for you, not saying either are bad as i already said i was going in to get a s410 or 510.... get the feel mate, dont rush into parting with your cash as theres sooo many good rifles out there, i ended up getting a hw100 fsb kt and must admit im real happy with it, good luck in whichever you choose

3. mickyboy

mickyboy Engaging Member

thanks for the advice steve,might even end up with a hw100 myself.

4. Wayupnorth

Wayupnorth Honorary Member

Why not go for a springer? Self contained, always ready, hunting tool. Rifle costs less, no charging equipment to buy saving even more money, then there is the refil fee's for the life of your rifle. Taking all of that into account, you could buy a really special spring rifle and still have money left over. It may be just me, but I genuinely don't see the attraction of these PCP's:confused:

5. mickyboy

mickyboy Engaging Member

hi marco i've had springers since i was ten years old,and have only just purchased a hw95 which i love but with me its like this i've worked hard all my life and never ever really treated myself to anything nice so hey if i don't give a pcp ago then the money will go else where so what the hell.its something different.(would never give up my springers all said).

6. Wayupnorth

Fair enough Micky. Some people love them, some people hate them. I have a HPA/PCP Ratty (well not exactly mine, but it does live in my house and I am the only regular user). I think it is ok for ratting in my shed as it won't put holes in my walls like my springer did. But that is the only thing I use it for and would never dream of going the full PCP route. I will take a springer any day of the week. :up: But if I had enough of a budget to buy a new PCP with the filling equipment, I would be trawling the secondhand sections of the forums for a true Venomised HW77 with all the bells and whistles. To each their own. :)

7. mickyboy

mickyboy Engaging Member

having had the hw95 for a couple off weeks now i do have a liking for weihrauchs quality,its the most accurate springer i've ever had.who knows if i don't like the pcp i'll give your hw77 ago mate.

8. Wayupnorth

I have two HW77's. One is the full length, one is the crabine. They are pretty hefty rifle's mind. The longer one seems unwieldy for some people, so they aren't for everybody. The HW97k is pretty much like the HW77k, only with a higher cheek piece and a moderator as standard. I prefer the longer HW77 though. These are the Weihrauch underlever rifles, but there are plenty or break barrel's out there as well. There is a springer out there for everybody, whatever the strength, shape and size you are. There is going to be at least one springer that just does it for you. PCP's have limited choice in comparison. For example, HW only make one PCP. Granted, it comes with various barrel legth and stock's, but it is the same gun. The Air Arms S400 and S410 are the same gun, only one of them is single shot, one is multi.

Another thing to mention about the reviews in magazines, they tend to be bias. The manufacturer pays the reviewer to publish glowing reviews. Best place to get true reviews are on the forums and at clubs. ie. It may seem that I am bias about HW77 rifles, but nobody is paying me to give a glowing report. My opinion is from my experience. :up:

9. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

if your going toward the hw100 i suspect the 177 as being more accurate. i get 1 inch groups with air arms fields ( best for this gun) in 22 at 30 yds bench rested. with my 177 r10 i get sub 10mm groups and no fliers. I find the hw not as accurate as it should be and its been back to hull twice and they say 1.5 inch groups are acceptable. however to use still the best out there. just wish id gone 177 now.

10. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Super 10, they are good too, by the way this is a 14 shot grouping photo at 30 metres, .22, HW100, bit raqgged as I was zeroing the scope in...

[​IMG]

Just over the 10mm, try using Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums!

11. steve_lincs

steve_lincs Busy Member

all i have ever shot is springers and crossman pumps since i was old enough to shoot, had hw77 cracking gun, fiddly to load when fingers are numb would defo have another tomorrow, have a hw80 and hw85, havnt bought a new rifle for 15 years so thought it time to treat myself, after hugging hw80 around the superlight was hmm to light, the cost of a aa s410 with the add ons was a few quid cheaper than an hw100, so then was a toss up between daystate huntsman and hw100, daystate looked bootifull but hw100 fitted me like a glove and feels right for me, shooting wise i didnt know what the hype was about pcp's but when out shooting its a different ballgame to springers, id never get rid of my springers, still have service kits etc etc , but for me after having an operation on my shoulder i cant cock none of them so thats my excuse to the missus and im sticking to it ;-) each to there own but im sitting on the wall, after nearlly 30 years of shooting springers and not knowing any better jumping to pcp was a new ball game and pleased i took the lunge, even if after throwing £1200 at it, but 15 years back hw80 cost me near on £500 by the time id finished.... for now il stick to the quiet,easy load, quick second shot and 4 quid for a 12ltr refill ;-)