1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Help on HW95 strip down

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ecp2013, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ecp2013

ecp2013 Well-Known Member

I feel slightly foolish asking for advice on this, so please be gentle;)

I decided to lube my HW95 but couldn't get past first base!!!

wedges.jpg

I have been unable to remove the four 'wedges' from the action and would welcome ideas as to how this might be done.

I was able to remove the rear most ones with the use of a shortened allen key and small punch. I couldn't remove either of the front two although I managed to push one about halfway out using the allen key. I gave up as I felt that I was enlarging the hole by all the pulling and pushing I was doing and am at a loss as to how to proceed.

Any non "destructive" advice would be appreciated!

2. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

you got 3 out so the last will be easy if you have a 3mm drift pin. a couple swift light wacks will shift it, tap it through from the opposite side... they are a bu##er arnt they?

3. Smithz

Smithz Well-Known Member

Keeping a eye on this thread, planning to take my 95 apart soon.

4. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

ive had mine apart half a dozen times over the last couple of weeks and to save time with these awkward little b#####s have only fitted two, one each side front and back. that way i can just knock them out with the drift. to be honest will probably leave it like that as theres plenty holding it all together with just two. you have two steel pins and the lug holding it as well.
    there is very little pre load on the spring so once you have the last lug out should be able to just push the block in with your thumb and twist it anti clockwise till the little lug on the trigger block disengages and it'll slide out.

5. ecp2013

Thanks for the advice Mark. Unfortunately the picture is from a tutorial on a strip down.

Alas, I have only managed the back two :(

6. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

try putting a little pressure on the block as your jiggling the lug out... its fiddly as fe## but it will come out!

7. Smithz

Smithz Well-Known Member

That my good sir is why im keeping you in mind if I come across any difficulties with my take down, then again I got a feeling I'm around a fair few people with the experience and advice I need in this forum. :up:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  8. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

no problem:up:

9. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

Welsh Willy did the same with my new rifle, he said exactly the same thing.

10. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

PUSH the trigger block forward against the spring and they should just fall out. Sometimes if the tolerances are slightly out, the pressure of the spring forces the block back, trapping the wedges.

11. slugslug

slugslug Member

small allenkey from within, poke the short end of the allenkey inside against the tab and lever against the trigger-tunnel on opposite side , easy peasy then :)

12. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

pushing and levering till yer fingers are bleeding mine where a ba#####d to get out!

13. ecp2013

I am slightly reassured that it's not just because I'm a wimp - my thumbs are still throbbing!!!!!

Your suggestions about leaving just two in, is what I think I will do when I've tried some of the other helpful tips to reduce the pressure on the wedges.
    I will see if I can shift the devils next week.

Thank you all for your input.

14. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

I pushed the end down on an old piston seal and then pushed mine out it also grips well for turning the end block out its lug.
    Atb
    David

15. ecp2013

That sounds a great idea - thanks David

16. leeboy#1

leeboy#1 Active Member

i used a rubber mallet to whack the end of a fine punch or allen key and once the 1st is out slide the allen key through the other hole to allign the holes and tap the other one out.

17. Mcdemon

Mcdemon Engaging Member

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago with my HW98. I eventually bent an 1'1/2" oval nail with some pliers to the correct angle and used the blunt end to tap out with a hammer. I then Molly greased them before putting them back in so hopefully now my new spring kit has arrived they should come out a little easier this time?

18. Speed

Speed Busy Member

and mine just popped out.....:D

19. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

:mad:

20. ecp2013

Well, what can I say except a BIG thank you to all the experts on here:up:

Putting the trigger block under pressure worked a treat and the wedges were removed with little effort!!!!!

My only regret is that I didn't come on here sooner - mty thumbs would definitely have benefitted

Thanks again everyone.