1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

HELP NEEDED BADLY

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by TheBish, Jan 24, 2014.

1. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

HELP, I have sold my old scope and its Censored mounts because it didnt want to zero, but now I have bought new mounts and a new scope (mtc mamba lite 4-16x50) and it still WONT ZERO, need some advice and assistance because I am severely p****d off and quite worried.
    Now that I have cooled down, i am starting at a lower range to zero, I started at 15 yards the elevation needed no adjustment but it is shooting 3 inches to the left, please diagnose me.
    Many thanks A REALLY ANNOYED
    Alex

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Sure its not your gun?

3. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

I have considered but the shop i got it from 'serviced' it. So not quite sure... :(
    Atb Alex

4. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Turn 10 clicks to right...recheck and move clicks as required..once pellet hits pellet at 15yards move out to 35 yards , unless u want a 30yard zero..

5. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Just to rule out the scope and mounts. Turn the mounts through 180 and see if still shoots 3 inches left.

6. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

What mounts are you using? What pellets and rifle are you using? just to give a good idea of set up?

7. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

Richter optiks double screw mounts (med), mtc mamba lite 4-16x44, air arms s410k
    IMGP5023.jpg

8. mikmon

mikmon Donator

Did this happen before u had the gun serviced ?

9. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

I bought it after it was serviced.
    Atb Alex

10. Falcon User

Falcon User Engaging Member

-Check the figure 8 on the barrel, they can skew the barrel one way.
    Have you actually removed the turret caps??

-Swap the mounting rings back to front.
    -Turn the mounts so the bolts face the other way.

How are you zero-ing the scope??
    When you are shooting 3 inches to the left do you have the elevation turret unscrewed almost as much as you can.

11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Could be clipping pellets on the silencer or muzzle brake. Any signs? You could have overtightend the mounts damaging the scope? Possibly the turret is faulty.... Bit of a strange one, not heard of it before only shooting one direction.

12. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Following on from my comment...have u tried turning the windage turret ???... If gun has been serviced they will have removed scope thus turrets will of out of zero again...:up:

13. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I hope he has aha, you don't need to pull the turrets up either, just rotate them. Also try it on another gun, as they rarely go faulty these scopes.

14. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

Only the gun was serviced, and despite how stupid I sound, YES I know how to turn a bloody turret, i guess it is the gun.
    Atb Alex

15. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Ok ok..so have u turned the windage clicks to the right..if so it would move poi ...

16. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

You're welcome to pop round to Coltishall and try another scope.

Dave

17. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

You have a combination that should shoot well. Things can go wrong however and it would be worth trying some of the basics, but one at a time so that you can see if anything does make a difference.
    First remove the silencer, sometimes the pellets clip the baffles or exit hole.
    second slacken the screws clamping the barrel band in place, sometimes the rifle gets a knock and the barrel can get moved out of slignment and stay there.
    Try clamping the rifle in something like a workmate, fire a 3 shot group and then try moving the windage screw half a turn and see if the point of impact does move
    Don't be afraid to move in even closer to start with
    Swap the mounts front to rear
    Swap the mounts by turning them through 180 degrees so that the fixing bolts are on the other side to where they are now
    Check these things to see if any one of them makes a difference, if you can find the problem you can start to zero properly again, good luck.

18. TheBish

TheBish Junior Member

I know how to zero a scope but i am running out of adjustments (left) on the scope
    Thanks for the suggestion Dave, but I just got this one and I am thinking of keeping it.
    Atb Alex

19. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

Loads of info but it might be better if Alex started from the beginning and told us what he's done so far?
    Alex, start by centralizing the scope, turn each turret adjuster from end to end and count the clicks, then reset to the middle of that range, set up a large card or paper with a simple large cross on it at 10 yards, Fire one shot at the cross, adjust the windage first (left and right) until you hit the vertical line. If you run out of adjustment then you have a problem with mounts, scope or barrel band. (probably)
    Then do the same with the vertical until you are about one inch below the cross. Then move your target out to 15 or 16 yards and adjust again, if that zeros ok you will also be zeroed at about 35/36 yards or thereabouts.
    Try that first and let us know what happens.
    Regards
    Tim

Just read the newer post so yes, swap mounts, check barrel band and look to see if the dovetails are straight, I saw a Prosport recently where the dovetails were well on the pish.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  20. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Check the barrel and scope rail correlation, they should really be pointing in line. Maybe when it was serviced they removed the Barrel or something and it's miss aligned (pointing slightly left) so you can't correct enough for this. Try shooting at closer ranges and see where the impact point is....
    If you zero horizontally at closer ranges that to me would say rifle or scope mounts. You wouldn't happen to have the scope mounts bolts going in the mounts from left to right when looking at the rifle from behind?