1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

HELP does any body know the make/model of this PCP air gun?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by john97, Jul 2, 2012.

1. john97

john97 Newbie

hi there i am new, and i was wondering if any one could please tell me what this gun is, 007.JPG
    i was told it was a weihrauch and it is a PCP and it is a 177. but i am not sure as i dont know anything else about it, as i have not shot it or seen in person yet i have no idea the guy said it is a FAC one but he might of said it is not a FAC one so i not sure any help would be much appreciated :)
    john

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Air arms s200

3. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

Weirauch only make one PCP the HW100 family, doesn't look like one to me, but the photo isn't that clear. If you're thinking of buying, you really do need to know whether it's FAC or not. You and the seller could be in deep stuff if you were to buy it and you don't have a FAC.

Dave

4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

on second thoughts.looks like something from the brocock range.can you post some bettter pictures?

5. gasman

gasman Ex-Head of sales smartfit uk, IQ -8

hope its not a FAC if you hav'nt got a FAC?
    try taking a better pic,cozs can't see a thing with that pic tbh,i can tell you one thing,,,,,,it an't a weihrauch thats for sure

6. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

your pic is not very clear but i think mattyts is right, not likely to be F A C. if it is an older model there would be a set screw power adjuster on right side, if you are thinking of buying it is wise to check out with chrono so its a legal purchase.

7. El Caro

El Caro Posting Addict

It is an old Titan Manitou. It is a the target version but without thumbhole. Don't know the model number.

8. gasman

yes,looking at it now,i think your right

9. john97

john97 Newbie

thanks for the advise about the FAC part, and yeah i think your right about it being a Titan Manitou does any body know anything about them, the guy says it has had hardly any use and he will sell it with the scope gun bag large divers tank with the air couplings for 500, would it be worth it if it is what it is? and he said something about a power adjustment screw behind trigger?????
    thanks john

10. gasman

£500 :eek:
    £300 tops for a minty

11. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

well done El caro :up:

12. mattyts

mattyts Donator

your getting what sounds like a 12l bottle too!

13. john97

john97 Newbie

hmm well i dont think i will pay 500 for the gun and air tank n that, if it is a FAC does any one know what ftlbs it will be he says you can adjust the power with a screw behind trigger??
    thanks again
    John

14. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Yup :up:

The Titan is basically what became Falcon, so is very similar in construction to the FN series.

IMO the gun pictured would be worth £250-300 if absolutely mint, less if the owner's been playing with the muzzle energy and it's over the top. These are somewhat notorious for being tinkered with as they're pretty easy to adjust.

If the bottle is of a similar age to the gun it'll be low pressure and most likely out of test, so in this case is pretty much worthless.

Definitely not worth 500 sheets unless it comes with a free S400 :p

15. mick 1986

mick 1986 Keyboard Hero

Im pleased you said that bit about falcon mate, I would have said its a FN19 or variant?

16. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Agreed with Gasman, £300 absolute tops.

17. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

And if it is on an FAC ticket, it can't be converted back to non FAC so then worth 150 at best if you have an FAC of course. also if its old has it been serviced as the seals are more than likely due for replacement and won't last too much longer if at all.

18. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

Gun only £250 top if excellent. Probably nearer £200. It's fairly old and much newer and better stuff is available at £300. If tank is 300 bar and tested then it's worth £150 or so. If it's old, untested, and 207 bar it's worth nothing. If it's FAC it's worth much less.

19. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

If the barrel is over 24 inches long can it not be detunned I just took this of the Basc know your Airgun law page
    Conversion not to affect classification – changing an air weapon’s power
    The wording of Section 7(2) of the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988 is complex, but in essence once airweapons are prescribed as ‘specially dangerous’ they cannot be back converted and remain in theirrelevant categories (Section 1 & 5) regardless of what is done to them other than de-activation ordestruction.
    However the only exception is for airguns (smoothbore air weapons) or for air rifles which have barrels in excess of 24 inches in length. These are the only types of air gun that may be converted back below 12 ft lbs legally.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  20. john97

john97 Newbie

thanks for that guys, the main reason i was interested was the fact that i thought for the good and charging equipment in a all in one deal for 500 might not be to bad even tho its the top of my budget. does anyone know a similar deal, as getting into PCP shooting can be expensive with having to buy charging equipment??
    thanks john