1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice HELP !! Charging BSA Ultra with Hills pump

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Danny MFC, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Danny MFC

Danny MFC Well-Known Member

Hi all, Just brought my first PCP a bsa ultra se multi shot, just brought a new unused hills 3stage stirrup pump (off of here) when trying to fill the air is escaping from the fill adaptor end which is plugged into the guns cylinder. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong as I'm a PCP novice.. It can't be rocket science, you fit your fill adaptor (mine has a little hole on one side) align that with the hole on my rifles cylinder and pump? The gun is currently on around 150BAR mark as the seller sent it to me full.

thanks danny

2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Hello,

are the o-rings on the fill probe ok?

3. Danny MFC

Thanks for the reply Stevie, O-rings on the fill probe? I'm new to airgunning so I haven't much knowledge. When I connect the pump up and pump without it being connected to the rifle it works fine, air just isn't entering the air cylinder.m

4. Stevie Darling

On the bit that plugs into the gun there will be 2 black rubber rings, do they look ok??

5. Danny MFC

Oh in that case yes O-rings are intact

6. Stevie Darling

Ok,

try rubbing a wee bit of vasiline on the rings, doesn't matter if the 2 holes are not alined just plug in and pump.

Mine does it From time to time, I normally give it a wiggle, and away it goes.

7. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Just a thought, you do have the correct 'fill probe' the BSA one is shown here with black o rings the other is a Logun hth .............. :coffee:

BSA Probe.JPG Filling Probe.jpg

8. firebucket1415

firebucket1415 Engaging Member

make sure the probe is screwed onto the pumps pipe, really,really tightly. use the correct size spanners, tighten it as tight as you can, then tighten it a bit more. I was scared to oik it up,i thought it might strip the threads. if you don't it will leak. and it sound as though it is leaking from the guns cylinder too.

9. Danny MFC

Sorry for the delay in reply all.

Tadpole my fill probe is slightly different to that ill get a picture up shortly.

Stevie - thank you very much ill give that a try.

Firebucket I think you are right I haven't tightend the full adaptor very tight, it's hand tight at the moment. Ill try all of the above and see. Thanks very much to all of you, this forum is blinding!

10. Danny MFC

Did you say to oil the probe ect then to tighten it? It's real stiff. Don't wanna go breaking anything :confused:

11. Andy1

Andy1 Donator

Hi mate , I have a mmc ultra and have the same problem at times found that when pumping it sounds as its leaking ,then after a few pumps the hissing stops and the pressure rises fine. There is a fine line between probe fully in and not quite which will cause leakage.
    Good luck

12. Danny MFC

Hey Andy.

I've tightened the fill probe into the hose, didn't have spanners so I improvised with pliers.
    the gun fills, I get to 150 bar (reading from hills pump gauge) the. It get really hard to pump, I pumped through it, heard a loud(ish) bang.. The hose flew out. Safe to say I'm having a nightmare haha. Should have stuck to my tx200hc! I tried again, around 150 bar the pump got hard to pump again so instead of damaging the gun I stopped and removed the hose, heard a loud air bang again. Is this normal? Guys at the range didn't seem to have this problem lol.

13. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Is there a pressure relase valve on the pump?as the hose will be at the same pressure as the cylinder. You need to release it first.

14. Danny MFC

There is mate yes, I watched a YouTube video the gun tightened that valve before he began pumping? So tighten valve, pump, loosen then re tighten valve, remove hose. Got it. Thanks

15. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Just another thought is there a grub screw present up the inside of the fill probe? If its there its recommended that you remove it when using a pump.
    Regards,Stu

16. Danny MFC

No mate no grub screw. Do you know why the fill probe would fly out of the gun at 150bar? Almost asif the pressure of me pumping fired it out..

17. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

No idea.Can you see the gauge rising on the gun as the gauge is rising on the pump?
    just out of interest how many shots have you fired from new if it came to you full.Sounds like the fill valve isnt opening to let air in if its shooting the probe out.
    Regards,Stu.

18. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

As above.
    Try a bottle it will often free a valve that is a little sticky.
    Cheers Andy

19. Danny MFC

The gun came to me off of the huntinglife forum. It was sold as '4months old' the pressure rises on the pump fine but as it get to around 150bar (on the pump gauge) it becomes resistant. Ill keep trying, just hope I don't break anything I want to get to Petes farm Sunday.

20. Danny MFC

Thanks Andy, ill see if there is anyone kind enough to let me use theirs at petes on Sunday.