1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Help any one...

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by snipe77, Apr 14, 2006.

1. snipe77

snipe77 Newbie

Hello every body.
    As a new starter in this stuff, my main problem is of how I can convince a land owner to let me shoot in his farm, co's I know that We can't shoot in public Parks, so my problem is where can I shoot in peace of minde with out have to worry about breacking the law.

GOOD SHOOTING TO ALL OF U, AND i PROMISE A PINT TO ANY ONE THAT HELP ME ...

2. Airgunner

Airgunner Well-Known Member

The first thing would be to put a bit of information in your profile. Then maybe someone near your location would be prepared to help.

I live in Dorset and over the last 7/8 years have taken new airgunners out on the land I have permission to shoot over.

I have spent a long time informing newcomers on the best way to go about obtaining permissions. All you need is to do a search on here... http://www.airgunbbs.com/

I wish you all the best and welcome to the Forum.

Regards
    Barry

3. snipe77

snipe77 Newbie

Thank's mate, but still a bit confused about this, just to let U know that guns are not new 4 me but I don't want to break any laws, as a foreigner I have to respect all of that... still looking 4 some tips on where to hunt and all I want is to get some small game to eat.
    As I live in Oxford how can I find people from my area Barry???

Best Regards
    Rod

4. Airgunner

Airgunner Well-Known Member

5. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

ok.

Go to the farmer dressed casual but smart (NO CAMO)!
    If you can take the wife or a woman with you.
    Make sure you are talking to the land owner or Gamekeeper.If you are not ask to see him. If not take a telephone number shake the farm labourers hand and leave.

If you get to see the right person after the usual polite handshake say that you and your wife/girlfriend shoot air rifles and wonder if there are any pests especially rabbit or pigeon he needs to get rid off.
    say also you have a ferret and can flush them out.

One great advantage is to say that you have a 'Bird of Prey' (if you know a Falconer) that also will clear his crows, pigeons etc within months but obviously will not be used in the shooting season (if they have one).

It will only be on the odd occasion just to scare the pests away as soon they will not be so many as they will associate it as a Danger area.

If the answer is NO then ask if he knows in the area who might let you....Always a good one i have got much land this way.

First impressions count for much here. If you can get a BOP its surprising how they can get interested especially if you say that you/friend are willing to take them out and hunt with it. Again, i have got much land this way.
    I am sure the Falconer will play ball as he is always looking for land himself.
    If you get a really good response just gently ask about Lamping;)

Good luck