1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

hello + question

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by shipto, May 11, 2007.

1. shipto

shipto Active Member

I look for this introduction thread but couldnt find it so I'll mix it with a post.
    I have a Walther 3-9 X 56 scope that I am having trouble locating the fittings for. The scope has a total diameter of 65mm which means it needs a height of 35mm, does anyone know where I might locate some. I have asked some of the merchants on ebay and they dont have them.
    Thanks in advance.

2. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

standard 1" dia, high mounts will fit it unless the tube dia is 30mm in which case 30mm dia high mounts.
    Sportsmatch or other brands with two screw fittings will do..
    You dont say what its to fit onto though if its a standard 9-11mm dovetail on the gun its no issue, if its an old gun then it might mean weaver type mounts.
    Give either JSR or Uttings a call, they will sort you out.

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

You may have to get some standard mounts and put riser blocks in.
    But someone should have mounts to fit a scope that big as i know of scopes that have bigger objectives than 56mm

4. shipto

shipto Active Member

Thanks all, I took a trip over to Bromsgrove today and found some. All fitted now just have to set them up tomorrow and I'm good to go. I did have to cut the covers a bit though as the scope is about 2mm off the rifle.