1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Mick.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mick Dundee, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Mick Dundee

Mick Dundee Engaging Member

Hello to you new lads! I'm newish too, on this forum. I know it seems like the Marie Celeste but I reckon it will be great when it gets cracking! I'm a young at heart (don't mention that word!) 71 year old and I've tried and enjoyed many different air rifles since 1974. At present I've got an HW 99S and an HW 95. Both are excellent. The 77 is of course really good but so is the Air Arms TX 200
    underlever If we are talking springers , which I favour. I've just remembered that I've got a cup of tea getting cold downstairs, so look forward to communicating further later! Mick.

2. snapambush

snapambush Member

Hello Mick, ( I like your Bowie knife)!

I registered yesterday. It seems very quiet on this forum. Maybe they don't like new people. Anyway, I am going to be getting an HW77, but I can't make my mind up between .22 or .177. I used to have a .177 HW77k years ago and it was excellent. I'll probably go for .22 this time and without the K. I'd like to go for some rabbits but I'm not sure it that would be suitable.

Anyway, cheers for now,
    Julian.

3. Mick Dundee

Calibre for rabbits.

Hi Julian, believe me , you'll get rabbits with .177 or .22or for that matter .25. The larger calibres carry more shock when they hit. I think, if shot from reasonable distances, the rabbits don't know the difference!
    As for the forum, I think we'll find it very friendly as others realise it's getting popular.
    I'm from mid Wales and there are not many airgun enthusiasts near me although there are plenty in Wales so these airgun forums are great for me to exchange tips ,ideas etc. I've had a lot of help when hitting a snag when stripping an unfamiliar gun. I've got a craze for a .25 gun now.
    Trying to get a barrel for my HW 95.

4. snapambush

snapambush Member

Thanks Mick, I think I'll go for a .22. I'm not really that familliar with any rifle except the hw77k! I'll check out the 95 and see what it's about.

I didn't realise this forum was new. I belong to a couple of other forums such as, a Land Rover one and a bushcraft and knife forum. They are helpful as you say.

The thing to do is not to spend too much time on the computer, but to get out and do the stuff we are talking about!!:D

Cheers.

5. Mick Dundee

Landrovers?

I love the old series tw and three! Haven't got my glasses so talk tomorrow!!