1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Heavy And Mid Weight Pellets

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Farty, Oct 12, 2019 at 4:11 PM.

1. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

I've tried the various JSB pellets from RS, Express, Standard 8.44 and now
    will be giving the JSB Heavy's a proper try out.

MY Hw 100 likes them and my Impact came with 6 tins of these pellets.
    I use .177 mostly because of the easy hold overs and under and have
    become used to this pellet shooting rabbits to 50 yards and further with no issues..

My question is to those that have gone onto a heavier pellet from a mid range one
    did they find it as easy to shoot.

Marky-Boy likes this.
  2. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The One + 1

You’ll be absolutely fine my Impact loved them
    Like a lazer
    Have I missed a pic of the new toy?

Tim_B, Gary 59 and MartinJGUK like this.
  3. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Posting Addict

JSB heavies all the way for me in the Dreamline and Crown. Fantastic hunting pellets

Jukebox, Tim_B and Marky-Boy like this.
  4. Curlyhunter.22

Curlyhunter.22 Better to be p****d off the p****d on.

I use these pellets but find on higher mag aim points are very much needed.

ok if shooting at x 6 to 10 mag.

Great accuracy and hitting power.

CC

5. genesis

genesis Engaging Member

Have you tried Qys streamlined ,they come in two weights 8.48 and 9.56, my ultra se groups better with the heavier ones than anything else ,jsb aad.hn

6. The oil man

The oil man Donator

Swapped around a bit mate and ended up back on the heavies. Bantam absolutely loves them although another squizzer had an argument with one earlier and he was none to chuffed. :thumb:

Marky-Boy and Wing Commander like this.
  7. Wing Commander

Wing Commander Engaging Member

I have been using JSB heavies recently in my HW100, AA.400 and AA.410, and have been getting some fabulous results. They are very accurate pellets. :up:

Marky-Boy and The oil man like this.
  8. Tyler durdon

Tyler durdon Posting Addict

I did a little tweak on my old 100 and it loved the jsb in 10.33 ,liked the mags to . But the jsb gave a bit more power . So that’s what it was set to very consistent at 11.6 .

Marky-Boy likes this.
  9. talent

talent Engaging Member

As it happens I tried the jsb heavy in a Walther century today , only at 20 meters . They seem more accurate than the jsb exact.

10. Rm29

Rm29 Currently obsessed with silencers

All the pcp's I've owned have done well with the heavies and the exacts....in any calibre.. I'm having great results with the Pb free ones as well from jsb.. Especially the 0.25 (16ish gr) calibre ones

Marky-Boy likes this.
  11. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

The ones of mine which likes heavies shoot them extremely well.

Marky-Boy likes this.
  12. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

The only pellet you will ever need ....JSB Heavies :whoo:

The oil man, talent and Marky-Boy like this.
  13. neiled

neiled Donator

Hi Keith. As I said the heavies, have given me fantastic results so I hope you get the same.

Farty and Marky-Boy like this.
  14. Tyler durdon

Yes pcp like heavier ,springers don’t . Sub 12

rabbitwrecker likes this.
  15. BallisticBill

BallisticBill Busy Member

I'd have said the same until I tried JSBH in my TX200HC. They are very consistent - as good as any lighter pellets - but the trajectory is not as flat, obviously. My TX200 Mk3 can't handle them at all - piston bounce!

Tyler durdon likes this.
  16. Tyler durdon

I tried them in my prosport. Not at the range but over the chrono . Hot !like any other pellets I put through it .

17. Buckshot

Buckshot Busy Member

Keep an eye on the fpe with JSB Heavies Farty, they up the power in my R10 by about .5 fpe from Bismags.

Farty likes this.
  18. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Quick, put it back before anybody notices!

JSB Heavies or QYS Streamlined. Both epic, way better than the lighter offerings.

19. Richard Ellis Jones

Richard Ellis Jones Engaging Member

Jsb Heavies for me, great hunting pellet.
    As I mainly hunt and just the occasional paper punch to check zero I'm thinking of using the Jsb Monster 13.5 grain in .177 for even more knock down as I occasionally get a pass thru using heavies.

20. robs5230

robs5230 леший

For hunting (I only hunt and do no target shooting) don't rule out the lightweight pellets.
    PCP or springer in .177 I use JSB express, in .22 JSB RS

Tyler durdon and WR14210 like this.