1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hawke Scopes For Longer Range Shooting

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by darklord, Jan 30, 2019.

1. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

Not impressed to say with the optical quality at 300 yards plus on my new sidewinder 6-24 x56

I bought it for my .223 before Xmas

I suspect it was a bad buy

It’s just about fine at 100yards

Over 100 Parallal and focus errors are terrible and anything above 14 x is unusable.

Never tried one of these on anything other than an at airgun ranges

For 430 quid to say I should have bought the red field

This is on my .223 bolt action so I need to get out to 600 yards.

Guess I’ll be contacting Hawke later today and the shop

bucketboy likes this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

Good luck mate, hope you get sorted.

3. Issac

Issac Post Whore

Buying the right scope is a nightmare. I am reading so much and getting confused. I don't need 600 yards, only 150yards but its not easy.

Good luck @darklord

4. jesim1

jesim1 Keyboard Hero

Getting the right scope is difficult, it's only when you get to go shooting with it you really know if it's for you. Price is a good guide, but not a guarantee, and even good brands don't suit all eyes. I've just bought 4 scopes and already I've sold one and got another up for sale, a Bushnell 4200 series, so it's not a crap one. There is nothing wrong with these scopes, and the sellers have not misrepresented them in any way, but they just don't suite my eyes. Ironically I like the Hawke stuff, it's usually good value, but I don't shoot at 300yards, so perhaps it's a great air gun scope where 50/55 yards is about the limit for 99% of shooters but not so great after that?

I try to buy second hand so I don't end up losing a load on doing this, if I get my postage back then great, but quite often I won't so it may cost me £15/20, but at least I've not dropped £150 by walking out the door with a new one.

5. bucketboy

bucketboy Post Whore

I have never found a Hawke that my eyes like for all the problems on your list.

Unfortunately, like you, I have wasted a lot of money on then.

Bb

6. darklord

Used them for years no problems

Contacted Hawke told what the problem was

They said about recentering the inside tube

I replied I only had to adjust 1 MOA to zero so that isn’t the answer

They RMA it so it’s gone back today

At £28 my cost

So I’ll be wanting that back

7. gasman

gasman Up there for thinking, down there for dancing,,,,

I have a Burris Xfour on my .223 and I find that to be great, I'm shooting moa right out too 500y

8. darklord

Up date hawk confirmed there’s nothing wrong with the scope

I swapped my hft500 scope to my .223 and the settings where identical
    (Same scope) basically Hawke where correct the scope is out of adjustment

So lots of fiddling with bases and mounts and shims

So now aligned with the bore sight and no more than 2 MOA from centre to bring in

Tested and it’s now perfect

So I’ll swap the new scope back to the hft as I am not going through that pain again. Full bore scope bases, mounts
    Etc can be a right pain

All my other guns have full rails so don’t have this problem yet a rail for the 223 browning is 90 quid bar pennies

9. darklord

Queried my return from Hawke and it appears someone has my scope and no idea where it is. Apparently been shipped to the wrong address.

They’ve said they’ll ship a replacement by sat am delivery as I need it for Sunday.

Looks like I’ll be leaving my air rifle scope on the full bore and setting up the new scope on my air rifle.

10. gasman

gasman Up there for thinking, down there for dancing,,,,

Cf scopes are a nightmare, I bit the bullet a got a z6i not cheap though, trouble now is I look though any other scope is there all crap ,I had a minox before on my .270 they are worth a look

11. darklord

I’ve a Zeiss on my 308. It’s stunning out to 1000

The Hawke will be ok now if sorted the alignment so technically your looking through the centre and not the edge of the inner tube.

I nearly stuck a red field on it. I’m some ways I wish I had as they have excellent glass.

12. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me!'

Well I have a SW30 8-32x56 and cant complain really, seems to work a treat at longer range.. though at 600y.. never shot that far.. so cant vouch for it there.

13. Gazz81

Gazz81 Donator

I'm looking at an Athlon for my .223. I already have one on my .22lr and its far superior to the Hawke I currently use.