1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hawk and Squirrel

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by radial, Dec 19, 2006.

1. radial

radial Newbie

This morning as I was drinking my first cup of coffee, a nice fat gray squirrel decided to raid the bird feeder. My R1 put a .20 pellet into the heart/lung area, and down he went. During the few seconds while he was flipping around on the ground in the throes of of death, a circling hawk spotted him and swooped in for the "kill". I ran inside and got the digital cam and was able to catch the two of them in a couple of shots out the back window. Sorry for the poor quality, but these are small areas cropped from much larger pictures. I was a good 40 yards from the action with the camera on maximum magnification and a dirty window pane intervening. It was an interesting moment, but my attempts to get closer for a better picture spooked the hawk off the kill and he didn't return.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

Awesome pics. I wish I could have that happen in my backyard.

3. Billybonzo

Billybonzo Newbie

Great pics, i was in me garden one afternoon when i heard this "thud" so i looks round and its like a scene from that alfred hitchcock film, jackdaws and crows everywhere mobbing this peregrine that had knocked a feral pigeon down, well anyways the peregrine hopped down onto the pigeon and proceeded to pluck the fp alive, tore into its back while im trying to get pictures on me camera phone, what a waste of time that was :)

4. andy s410c

andy s410c Active Member

Tree rat gets it...yeah

Excellent photos mate bet the hawk really appreciated the easy pickings!!Well done :thumb: