1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hatsan scope mounts help please

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ibo7, Oct 11, 2014.

1. ibo7

ibo7 Very Active

Just bought a new scope for my Hatsan Striker, went to attach it but noticed the mounts on the scope has a stop pin in them that should fit into the top of the barrel but the pin is bigger than holes.

is there an easy fix to this? Or does the Hatsan only take certain mounts?

2. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

That's odd. I have a Hatsan Mod 60s and I have had two sets of mounts on it with built in arrestor pins and they both fitted perfectly, (One of the set is on the rifle now). I know you have the Striker, but you'd have thought that would be a "standard" sized threaded hole? Must be a heck of a big pin under your mounts not to fit in there? What mounts are they? I don't know what to add to this sorry other than are you certain it's the pin being bigger, or are they just slipping around when you're trying to do the clamps up on the dovetails? I did have this problem with one set but with a bit of playing around they went on in the end.

Andy :)

3. ibo7

ibo7 Very Active

The pin is definitely bigger than the hole, I obviously can't attach the rear mount due the big pin.
    I don't know what the mounts are as they came with the Apollo scope I bought off eBay.
    could you recommend decent mounts which will defo fit?

4. mikalis

mikalis Engaging Member

screw the pin out ??
    altb
    Mike

5. Patrick

Patrick Donator

As mikalis says remove the pin,they usually unscrew with an allen key or just adjust it up so that it's not protruding below the underside of the mount and then place the rear mount up against the scope stop( the small metal plate that's secured by 1 or 2 screws)on top of the cylinder.Some mounts had a tap in pin not screw in if thats your type you'll have to tap it out with a punch.

6. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

A pity to have to remove the arrestor pin though as they do work perfectly in my own experience and they don't move at all. Ah well, if it's the only way as the others have suggested I think you may have to. Don't know why the mount maker would have done that.

I would be a bit wary of suggesting mounts for someone else's rifle to be honest, I would feel terrible if you ended up buying a set from eBay etc on my advice and they didn't fit or work as intended. Your rifle is also a different model to mine and I have no experience of it sorry.

If you usually buy from your local RFD, you can take the rifle in with you and try some mounts on it at the shop. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if it gets them a sale. At least then you'll know what fits and works. If you do this, I would try and get a set with an arrestor pin built in as they do work and stop the scope sliding forward/backwards and knocking your chosen zero out. The arrestor plate on the rifle only stops the scope moving backwards obviously.

The pins/plate are good safeguard, but I always find when I check the allen bots clamping the dovetails, (every time I go out with the rifle) they are always very tight and haven't slackened at all and my Hatsan recoils quite strongly lol :rolleyes:. My zero remains the same from one outing to the next (I always check my zero before I shoot anything).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  7. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Technically,Andy, the holes in the top of the cylinder are not meant for an arrestor pin because the holes are threaded they primary use is for attaching the scope stop.On some mounts the pin is narrow enough to fit in these holes but on others such as Sportsmatch I think the pin is thicker.
    IF Ibo7 puts the rear mount against the stop plate he should have no problem with scope creep as I've never had a scope move forwards only backwards but he may encounter an eye relief problem like you did.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  8. ibo7

ibo7 Very Active

Can anyone with a Hatsan Striker recommend mounts that have a suitable size stop pin?

The rifle didn't include the scope stop when I bought it so I can't do that, due to the recoil I'm really gonna need something to stop scope creep

9. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

Well, I can't dispute what you say other than tell you my own situation. My arrestor pin does fit neatly into the hole intended for the plate and it works perfectly. The scope/mounts never move and remain tight in place. That's all I need it to do really. Why would the mount maker put the pin on just the rear one if that was not it's intended position otherwise? They may as well not bother as some of my other mounts I own don't have the pin. My Hatsan did come with an arrestor plate but I prefer not to use it. My father's Hammerli has the hole(s) also, but he wasn't supplied with the plate on his either for some unknown reason.

I have bought another scope since having the eye relief/zeroing problems and everything is now working 100% and the rifle is zeroed in every trip out. I know, because I'm just in from a target shooting session this morning with the old man, and it's all working perfectly and grouping under a 5p. The mounts with the pin are the one's that came with the scope and they seem to be working as they should be. It's only a £48 Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 4-12x50 AO, but I really like it and it performs superbly for me at least.

10. Patrick

Patrick Donator

If you PM me your name and address I think I have a stop plate that I can send you.

11. Patrick

Patrick Donator

There's normally only need for a pin in the rear mount to stop scope creep and there's no reason why you can't use one of the holes for a stop pin I was merely stating,Andy,that because the holes are threaded their primary function is to attach a arrestor/stop plate.If you use a stop in one of them and it's a plain shank not threaded you may find it's damaged the thread after a while should you want to use that particular hole to attach an arrestor/stop plate.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  12. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

Yes I thought that's what you meant :). I will have to chance it Patrick as it seems to work so well at holding it all firmly in place that I don't really feel like disturbing it now.

13. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Yes stick with what you've got Andy if it's working that's fine and I'm glad you got the eye relief problem sorted out with your new mount.If it did damage the thread and you wanted to use that particular hole to fix an arrestor/stop plate you'd just have to drill and retap it to the next size up(5mm metric).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014