1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hatsan AT44-10

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by czhey, Aug 17, 2014.

1. czhey

czhey Member

Hi, was talked into getting one of these by my dealer, but I can't seem to group pellets better than maybe 2" at 25-30yards. They've offered to replace it if the last lot of pellets didn't help.

ive tried
    accupells, accupell FT
    diablo field (went up and right by about 12"! :eek: )
    Rws super domes, super points
    h&n field target trophy
    brocock super Diablo

Is there anything I should look at before taking the gun back? As it's my first PCP a bit worried I'm doing something wrong! Or is 2" acceptable? Some pellets more like 6" spread

im pressuring it to 200bar exactly and doing 20shots before refilling to try and get consistent results.

Thanks

2. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

You could try shooting more than 20 shots before re-filling and also maybe not fill all the way to 200 bar; I don't know where the sweet spot is on that rifle, but I'd try shooting it at a lower pressure which may give more consistent results. Obviously, go with whatever pellets seem to be the most consistent and experiment with various fill pressures. Most (and I'm not claiming to be an expert) unregulated PCP's will not be at their best at or near their maximum fill pressure.

3. mikewareing

mikewareing Well-Known Member

I would check the crown at the muzzle, have a look with a magnifying glass as is sounds like it may be damaged.

Mike

4. farmera

farmera Active Member

mine only likes diablo jumbo exact 15.89 grams and nothing else sweet spot around 160

hope this helps

5. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Don't know much about these but I remember reading the changed barrel manufacturer as early ones aren't accurate,latter used louther walther I think.
    Bit like gunpowers before they changed to L.W .
    Still could be pellet choice though.

6. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

It's likely that the rifle will shoot more consistently at lower fill pressures then the 200 bar you're filling to. However that is not going to cause it to shoot such poor groups, all things being equal you should be getting groups under an inch at 35 yards, maybe a fair bit less.
    If you can it would be worthwhile clamping the rifle in a rifle vice/workmate or similar to make certain that it is pointed at exactly the same point for each shot, this will show if the rifle is capable of better groups.
    There may be problems with things like:
    loose barrel
    barrel clamp misaligned
    muzzle crown damaged
    scope faulty
    scope mounts loose
    scope suffering from major parallax error
    and several others as well probably but it's difficult to diagnose the problem(s) without more information, hopefull your rfd can sort it out for you if you don't manage to find a problem yourself.

7. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Fill to 170 and try 30/40 shots.

8. czhey

czhey Member

Thanks for the replies :)

i will try a lower pressure with the best pellets I have and see how it goes- I did try this but when I first got it so still zeroing scope etc.

i forgot to mention I took the scope/mounts of my other gun and it's the same to rule that out, but should I try removing the silencer incase that is messing it up?

Thanks
    c

9. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Yes, you could also remove your silencer (moderator) and try that.

10. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Hi
    the shot string on these unregulated is a bit of a curve though not that bad
    as has been suggested the curve is flatter around 160 bar from memory
    some info on mine here
    http://www.theywalkamongstus.co.uk/airguns/hatsanmain.html
    my first gun was very bad and would not hold a group this was replaced and the second gun was spot on
    I would say if the guns is not right take it back
    with thes it is important to push the pellets fully into the mag

good luck si

11. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

I had to remove the barrel bands on mine, as I shot through the charge the POI changed the lower the pressure got !...

12. matty2389

matty2389 Member

I've got one and I find that r w s superdomes are the best I fill to 200bar and take 10-15 non important shots after that there is a sweet spot for around 35 shots then refill and repeat the process

13. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Can I ask why you waste air by filling and firing the 15 shots? You could just fill to a lower pressure.

14. matty2389

matty2389 Member

Yeah I wouldn't say I waste the shots it's just that I shoot at easier targets ie bigger for the first few until I get into the sweet spot and then I can get down to the distance shots that need the accuracy

15. Zaytoon

Zaytoon Well-Known Member

Ive got one of these and accuracy isn't a problem so it must be something to do with the gun or human error. One important thing is to make sure the pellets are fully seated in the magazine that the head of the pellet has gone past the rubber ring. Id also adjust the trigger to make it a lot more sensitive if it isn't as the pulling back on the trigger could be throwing your accuracy off. Don't let this experience put you off the gun - if worse comes to worst replace it they're still a cracking rifle and a bargain at the price :)

16. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, if you can unscrew the silencer try this and look for internal damadge to, if you fill to recommended bar and shoot till 20bar never to empty and use a well known pellet brand you should get better groups 25/30 mtrs should all be in centre but you might get the odd flyer as happens with lead pellets. next re aline scope just in case, if that fails take back a get replaced or consider an alternative,

17. 177

177 Donator

What scope do you have fitted ?

One of my rigs was a real pig to get consistent cheek weld on, and my groups were every which way with it until I got it figured. A tiny bit of misalignment will cause all kinds of mischief downrange.

Take the o-ring off the magazine, load with pellets, put the magazine down on a flat surface, and lift the mag.

My money is on several pellets staying in the mag, which means the pellet ports need sanding out slightly.

That's the only modification I did to mine in the year I owned it.

I ran some 400 grit wet and dry through the pellet ports that 'grabbed' pellets using the above test until all pellets were left on the table when the mag was lifted.

If the mag is grabbing pellets it could easily be 'shaving' them slightly as they leave the mag when the probe pushes them home.

This is the last two mags (20 shots) I ever shot with mine, at 30 yards, using JSB Exact in .22:

[​IMG]

I really liked mine - I just didn't need three full length multishot PCPs, or I wouldn't have sold it.

One other thing to check - loosen (but don't remove) the barrel bands, give them a gentle wiggle and re-tighten. The bands can sometimes cause misaligment.

Hope you get it sorted - they are very capable guns and very, very underrated. This is what mine could do in the right hands: http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad319/SysadminX/hatsan-59_zps0605be03.jpg

Good luck !

18. czhey

czhey Member

Thanks for all the replies.
    today I shot from 200bar down to 100, no difference!

but after that I looked at other things, it seems the barrel etc is loose on the rest of the gun!! If you hold it you can see/hear/feel it wobbling about. Don't quite understand as the scope obviously moves with it, but think it's not right and will get the gun swapped :)

will let let you know how I get on!

19. czhey

czhey Member

Another update.
    the nice friendly dealer man took it today, could see the problem, if he can't tighten it up (which I'm not that keen on...) he'll give me a new one. He'll speak to hatsan tomorrow for me.

must admit slightly lost faith in the gun, we'll see if it can redeem itself but already kinda wishing I'd got a more expensive one (handling a air arms 200 in the shop it felt quality)

20. 177

177 Donator

Edgar Brothers warranty is usually pretty damn good.

If the gunsmith can't simply tighten the barrel grub screws he will contact EB and have it sent off and sorted. If he is willing to switch the gun in the meantime that's all well and good.

I've had two of these - one was brilliant and the other had a misaligned block. RFD took it back in and sent it off to EB. They replaced the gun and I had said replacement within the week.

It's always nice when a gun has no issues but I am a great believer in how issues are dealt with.

Any manufactured goods can fail but, if they do, how the fault is rectified is an opportunity for all concerned to totally transform a negative into a positive.

Having said that, I'm rather fond of the Air Arms S200 myself...

:)