1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Hatsan 900x

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Versophil, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Versophil

Versophil Engaging Member

I've seen one online and for some reason I really fancy it for the price just wondering what you guys think are they any good or just cheap rubbish any imput would be fantastic

Cheers phil

2. sabc

sabc Donator

I’ve got one , it reignited my passion for spring powered guns. It’s noisy, it’s rough round the edges, the trigger ain’t the best. But I calmed it down a little with a tbt drop in kit , a trigger shoe helped with the odd shaped trigger blade. If I do my job right it hits where I aim it. I paid £99 for mine it’s worth every penny and more in my opinion.

Sanguinius and Versophil like this.
  3. Versophil

The one I've seen comes with scope, mounts rifle bag, pellets 100 targets all for £150 I know I won't be the best and like you say ruff around the edges but glad you said worth every penny might just order it now :)

That hurts likes this.
  4. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Before you order, you should take a look at the Hatsan Mod 50S and 60S (.177 and .22) that IMO are better rifles than the Breaker 900. IIRC the 900X isn't fitted with the Quattro trigger, whereas the 50/60S are and it is nearly as good as the Rekord units fitted by Weihrauch.

5. mike-carter

mike-carter Big Poster

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    As above.

6. dayglowfroggy

dayglowfroggy Engaging Member

I have had a 900x and a Hasan 55 they are not in the same League don't waste time on the none quatro trigger hatsans you will only wish you had gone for a 55s our 60s.

7. fencer35

fencer35 Engaging Member

I have a Breaker 900.....great little rifle had to clean the barrel thoroughly when new and after about a tin of pellets the accuracy became very good. Perseverance pays dividends
    There was a bit of trigger creep but after a little adjustment its ok.

All in all good little rifle at the price.

8. Plinker87

Plinker87 Well-Known Member

Bought a .177 barrel cheap from the bay a while back and have been keeping my eye out for a cheap .22. They were silly cheap when they first came out. What was it £65 from country way. My local rdf had them for £130!!! So I swerved it. Because of that early release price 2nd hand is abysmal. Even the second hand 55s appear on here with kits installed for less that £100. Chances are the scope you will get with it won't be up to much. If your looking to spend £150 and plan to buy some new guides(£20) I'd put a wanted add up on here and the other forum for a springer scope combo for £160 posted so you will have a tenner for a cheap gun bag. You'll get something decent.

9. Proheatpaul

Proheatpaul Busy Member

It's gotta be a hatty 55/60
    It says your in Stockport
    A braithwaite in Cheadle , hatty 60 is £110
    And you can sort a scope and mounts for £40
    A 900x is ok for what it is
    But it won't ever be a 55/60 , no matter what you do to it

10. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

Great for what it is, but a little more money will get you a whole lot better...

11. Plinker87

Plinker87 Well-Known Member

Its the same old chat but the lighter 900x with the quattro was touted as a bargain basement 99 rival. Still could be if hatsan bother thier backside. Quick piston skim and the brass rod tp reduction mod would make a lovely wee gun

12. Versophil

Yep from sunny old stockport me :)

Thanks for the info guys. I don't mind spending more I just want the right gun for the right price but I will have a look at the 55 if it a better gun

13. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

The 900x has never been fitted with a Quattro trigger...

That hurts likes this.
  14. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Ta RW, didn't think it had

rabbitwrecker likes this.
  15. gasman

gasman Has a Massive member

Country ways was selling them for £69 I was going to buy one and I should have got two but I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get down their :facepalm:

16. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Just make sure you get one with the Quattro trigger as there are a few variants

17. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Yep Rw is correct the 900x has never had the quattro trigger fitted.The 900x has the same trigger as the other Hatsan Strikers and also the same trigger as the Webley Vmax rifles which come from the same factory of course.
    If you can get the Hatsan 55s or 60s depending on which calibre you want for £110 go for that but remember it is a fairly big fairly heavy gun and for £40 you can get a perfectly usable scope such as the Sabre 2-7 x32 AO or a BSA Essential Scope.

18. mattyw1987

mattyw1987 Well-Known Member

For that money I would be looking good at a Remington express bud, or even secondhand I've seen hw99s for around £130.

19. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Mmmm ... except the Express isn't in the same league as a 50 or 60S despite what people would have you believe :down:

20. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Some good advice there, owned both the 900X and the 60S (also a 55S that was disguised in an expensive stock as a Stingray Mk 2), they are far better guns than the 900X, but the 900X is lighter! If you can live with the awful trigger it is an ok gun, especially at the prices it first hit the market at. But unfortunately the importers seem to place a far higher value on these guns than they should achieve (given prices for them on the continent), this is why I no longer recommend Hatsan, they are a rip off.