1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Hatsan 60s dieselling?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tomsteebs, Jul 13, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Just stripped and smoothened my 60s and it sprays a fine mist out, but doesn't diesel. Any ideals what this is? I've cleaned the barrel? Also what do I need to touch the crown up?

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

what lube did you use? if it's none combustible it will just spray out.

ideally for the crown you would need a lathe but since that's probably not possible,a ball bearing glued on a golf tee,chucked into a drill with some grinding paste will do,or a diamond coated abrasive taper.

3. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi,

Red rubber on spring, moly g cote on sides of piston seal, lt2 on piston body, sm50 on cocking arm lever groove on piston and dri slide on top hat guide and back half of cylinder.

Think that's right, it shoots way better and no twang, just this spray, I would guess it's Sri slide?

I have a wood lathe with a Chuck so could use that,

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  4. Pete E

Pete E Engaging Member

Unless you have a problem with the crown, I personally would not mess. Not sure about air rifles, but its easy to b****r up the accuracy on a centre fire with a poor crown job.

5. mattyts

mattyts Donator

You need a metal lathe with a slide,wood lathes aren't accurate enough.

A dome headed bolt can also be used,you just need to keep it perfectly centered hence why I mentioned a lathe.

Give it another 500 shots and see if it's still spraying out.

6. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

I re-crowned my gun other day, took me all of 2mins using wet and dry and a drill bit and it passed cotton bud test first try and shoots straight and accurate :) also it was my first time doing a re-crown.

The tool:
    [​IMG]

End result:
    [​IMG]
    Bit of wet and dry and a few twist of a phumb and its done :D
    Cheers, Greg.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  7. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

On some days you can get what looks like a water vapour blast coming out the barrel and nothing to worry about.
    If it was the moly on the piston seal i would have thought you would smell the diesiling.

8. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

TThat's interesting Greg as im looking at carbining my hatsan and wondered if a countersink bit would be suitable.

Best go find it!
    TThanks for sharing
    Gaz

9. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

Your welcome :)
    I didn't have access to a lathe so I was going to use the old pencil tip and wet n dry method then whilst digging through the tool box I had that and thought it may work and it did! It was that good I did my other rifle also :D just remember to test it after with a cotton bud q tip.

Cheers, Greg.

10. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    tom, fire the hatsan over the chrono to see whether its dieselling or not - also, take into account that any 'contaminents' fired out of the barrel may interfere with readings. if the power is constant, and in limit, then it wont be dieselling, and the 'contaminent' will run out. also remember that any dispersion of contaminents will be greatly magnified/exaggerated by the initial blast.
    as for re-crowning, what makes you think that it needs doing ? if it needs doing, the only way to do it correctly, and first time, is on a metal lathe - where the bore and face is clocked up true, and the chamfer is traversed, as opposed to formed/plunged.
    if the above method works, then great, but there is plenty of room for operator error (no offence to greg, as he appears to have done a great job).
    also, the optimum crown angle is 22 degrees inclusive (11 degrees parralel from the barrel). a crown may look good (and pass the cotton bud test), but it needs to be perfectly concentric to the bore to enable equal dispertion of the pellet gas in the propulsion process.
    sorry for the essay, its just the engineer (and not the shooter) in me !

11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I thought that to be honest, I tried to keep any lube from being in front of the piston seal.
    It was very damp when I shot it and to be honest I shot it this afternoon and it seemed not to be there.

I'm surprised what a difference a re-lube and de-burr etc... Made