1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Has anyone purchased a stock from Ginb?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Soximus, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    Would like to know if anyone has dealt with them and how the transaction went and the quality of the stock....

http://www.ginb.it

Thanks for any feedback.

2. milek

milek Honorary Member

Not long ago I acquired a brand new one (bloke changed his mind) for a TX200 and it was very good quality indeed. I didn't like the ginb emblem though. Can't help with the ordering process I'm afraid.

Attached Files:

3. Dan77k

Dan77k Donator

I ordered one (GinB no.6) last year. It was pretty easy from start to finish, with fast replies to emails to etc. They are very accommodating and I am very happy with my stock. It took about 4 weeks from agreeing the order and giving them a deposit to final payment and sending it out (took about a week to arrive). When the stock is ready you get sent a load of images so you can see the work and make any minor changes as appropriate. My stock was sent with a face value of £30 on the import ticket and I had to pay £12 import duty or something, but then it was delivered the next day.

77.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  4. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I ordered this one new and had a ft9 secondhand, I love both, took a fair bit of time, but well worth it:up:

5. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Do you remember the cost and the import duty?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
  6. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

I ordered an ft no 1 it took 12 weeks they had a big shop order to do.
    Andrea was pleasure to deal with .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  7. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Nice looking stock that. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

8. Alexdermietzel

Alexdermietzel Keyboard Hero

9. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

The stock was £310 delivered and the quality was superb and a perfect fit for my s400
    I would highly recommend ginb for value quality and superb customer service.
    Atb
    David

10. Dan77k

Dan77k Donator

On face value it's just a lump of teak wood isn't it? Materials probably is only worth £30. The rest is labour. And I was fully prepared to pay vat and duty, but it wasn't requested and I only knew the import value when I got the receipt from delivery. So my conscience is clear. Don't be put off ordering a GinB if that's what you are after.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  11. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Lloyd has some on the shelf at Blackpool Air Rifles (BAR) - he is a Uk agent for GinB. I had a GinB on my S410 and it was OK. That was made before Antonio blew himself up with a PCP and nearly killed himself. He was in intensive care for months. Andrea is holding the fort brilliantly. If you want advice, ask the lads at BAR, they are dealing with GinB all the time.

Lucas Parsley does fantastic stock work. He is represented by someone in Wales I think it is.

Custom Stocks in Sheffield turn out lovely stocks, but are a funny lot to deal with (Tha can tell a Yorkshireman, but tha can't tell 'im much!) - the deal will be OK, just expect some large doses of 'Ecky Thump. Have a look at their e8ay page to get some ideas and you can add embellishments. Excellent work and very reasonable prices.

Dave at Staffordshire Custom Rifles has a stock profiler too - he makes awesome Ft and HFT stocks for his custom rifle customers. He will make a stock too.

Gary Cane in Norflok is one of the best known exponents of the art - few people know it is Jane, his wife, who actually does 80% of the work though! The unsung hero.

Paul Wislon, is he still making stocks. I think they are fugly looking things, but the people who use them say they fit beautifully.

Plenty of options.

12. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

I have a Warren Edwards stock and it is beautifully made also geordie on the air arms owners forum makes stunning stocks and are very reasonably priced.

Attached Files:

13. darklord

darklord Can’t beat a tx200 at 30m

Ive a CS500 on my 97K ive seen GINB stocks and have to say the CS stocks are better finished and mine took just on a week delivered even with custom additions.

I dont go for the fancy stuff just a nice sporter stock

14. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Long time poster

I have had a couple of GinB stocks. They were too heavy, they were ugly and I wished I hadn't spent the money twice. But like they say, twice bitten once shy or something.:) I much prefer a CS stock. I have 3 air rifles currently, a HW97K, a Superlite s400 and and a GML 400. All in CS 700's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

How much was the stock shown on the AA S400 if you don't mind sharing?

16. Wild Bill

They are both s400's. Both are Custom stocks of Sheffield. But if you mean the one on the standard s400, then that was much more expensive as it was custom made to spec. About 300 quid.

17. Geordie

Geordie Donator

Christ do you ever give up man!!!!!:rolleyes::down:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  18. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Just to add to this and provide some comparison

This stock from Ginb would cost £280 (that's including postage). That would be prepped for you to apply your own desired finish.

http://ginb.it/scheda_prod.php?lang=en&id=1

And in case your wondering Secret, that would include Import duty paid at true value....if you were being an honest sort :D

19. Wild Bill

I don't think you are right in what you say. I have ordered GinB stocks and scopes from outside the EU many times.

It's normally ParcelForce that knock on your door with a slip asking you to pay their handling fee and the Customs duty that they think it needs or they have calculated from the Customs ticket on the parcel. Not up to the individual to tell them. And when was the last time someone went on trial for failing to declare the true cost of a parcel from overseas?

20. Wild Bill

I don't think so. Scaremongering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.