1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Hammerli Ar20 Won't Fill Past 200bar

Discussion in 'Technical' started by clive walby, Nov 28, 2019.

1. clive walby

clive walby Member

Looking for a bit of help with my Hammerli ar20.. as above it's stopped filling over 200bar, looking on internet I learned there are 2 regulators on this rifle, and a lot of users don't fill over 200bar anyway. But I would like to fill over 200 occasionally just to keep it up to spec.
    Any thoughts or help appreciated ..
    Clive

2. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks....

It sounds like your dive bottle isn't full in all fairness. Or atleast the 200 you are getting is what's left in the bottle?

Regards filling above 200, I really wouldnt, when the first reg fails (it will eventually) the second will lock up do weird things and you will be in all sorts of trouble.
    Trust me,.mine did it..

pbrown likes this.
  3. TrickyDicky

TrickyDicky Life in the slow lane

Don't remember mine being rated for over 200bar...they dont have two regs but there are two available one rated for 10mt target at 5-6ftlb and one for general at 12ftlb the washer stack is different...as said its more likely to be your bottle.

4. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks....

Certainly the earlier ones had twin regs, whether this was omitted from later ones I dont know.
    Regardless, its not wise to fill an early one above 200.

5. TrickyDicky

I guess if you class the fact that the regulator has two parts that drop the working pressure twice then i suppose it could be classed as two but one part wont work without the other being present...and there is only one set of bellville washers.

6. airtech

airtech Engaging Member

Word of advice if you take it or not is up to you. Charging the AR20 over 200 bar will give your regulator a short life. I can’t tell you how many of these rifles I have had in with reg problems

hmangphilly, binxkeys and Mike.lewis like this.
  7. Thiel

Thiel Donator

all ar20 that i know dont have a quickfill. the cylinder is filled via the adaptor from walther direct to a bottle or compressor
    and your one is not filling above 200bar ? hmmmm what ?
    the last ar20 in my hands did had one regulator but it was the 7,5J version.

8. clive walby

clive walby Member

I think having read the advice, I'll keep it to 200 bar as I don't want to mess it up..I expect a repair to the regulator or worse still replacement, is gonna be tough, and costly !!
    Thanks for the replies everyone..

9. noz

noz Engaging Member

Mine has 2 regs; I fitted the quick fill kit and fill to 300 when the bottle pressure at my club allows!

10. TrickyDicky

Does you reg look like this? if so its just one reg with two stages the first is not a proper reg as such.

[​IMG]

11. clive walby

clive walby Member

I've not stripped the rifle yet, so can't say..looking at the Hammerli webpage the diagram looks like yours...

12. noz

noz Engaging Member

It has been a while but I think mine is longer than the one shown

13. Paravet

Paravet Member

Im having a similar issue. But it won't even fill up to the 150 mark. Is there something else i have to do? Tank is new and was just inspected and filled. Still new to it all. Also, the quick detach connectors just let air flow like there's nothing. Are they just bad connectors? Would have been nice if they actually sent the stuff needed to fill the air rifle with it. Had to buy an additional adapter. Thanks for any advice and sorry for mentioning multiple issues.

14. clive walby

clive walby Member

So yours has the quick fill adaptors then..mine is a buddy bottle which I have to unscrew and remove from the rifle to fill, so can't really help mate.

15. TrickyDicky

16. Paravet

Paravet Member

So I'm not sure how quick detach systems are supposed to work, I would assume they wouldn't let air out while attached to the tank but from what I've seen that's exactly what they do. I can try to post some pictures of the ones I have. Also, I double checked that the tank I had was indeed a 3k psi just incase I had the wrong one but it is rated for 3k. Idk if there's a way to increase how much comes out but ready to learn. Also, don't mind the duct tape on that one, it's so I can tighten it down without damaging it since it was leaking from the threads.

Attached Files:

17. Septic

Septic Superbus et Vetera

They’ve got two regulators if I remember rightly, with the primary set to drop the 300bar fill pressure to 200bar, before the second drops it from 200bar to 100bar... So I’d guess that the problem is with the fill valve loading up and choking the flow into the cylinder...
    But it is just a guess..

18. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Keyboard Hero

19. hmangphilly

Check your guages.

If you've got over 150 in your bottle and you are opening the cylinder valve properly , you must be transfering bottle pressure to the cyl .

20. hmangphilly

Hang on a minute

[​IMG]

what's this Air venturi gauge attached to ?
    Is it in line from dive bottle to gun cyl?

It's showing 2000 psi more or less . Thats 140 bar more or less . so that what you're gun cyl is getting