1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Had to go back and put it right this time.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by engraver, Aug 13, 2014.

1. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Well Ive been in the garage most of the day sanding and old hw35 stock down (35yrs worth of finish took some shifting)[​IMG] so I decided to swap the smell of white spirit for fresh air for an hour tonight.

I got my rapid to back, so wanted to check it was right, anyway got to the farm and just stayed around the yard and little rabbits bolted here and there, but I had a zero on a drystone wall first about 30 yrds, and aiming for the same spot the gun put three shots on top of each other, but 2" to the right because of a strong cross wind.

So after a few little uns in the scope, and the feeling of overwhelming guilt I didn't pull the trigger, so I left them for another day, until I crossed a gate hole on the way back to the car and saw an adult rabbit on the edge of some cut corn, trouble is it was a good 40 yrds and ontop of the highest point of my shoot and the wind was really getting up, but I got a nice solid rest on the gate post so gave it a full 4" to the left, pointing into thin air, and slipped the trigger.

I heard no impact with the wind but the rabbit slumped, so much so it still had the corn in its mouth as I picked it, sign of a clean kill.[​IMG][​IMG]

Clouds were coming at this point real fast over the village so went back to the car, thought the Rapid is ok.

But I just happened to have a look in the last gate hole as I passed as I shot one the other day and a few seem to be appearing down there, so I whipped in engine running window down and did almost the exact same shot as I did last week, like a replay.

The shot was an in one eye out of the other type but the kill was instant, and when I paced it a good 45yrds.[​IMG]

Then is was back home for a warm, first time Ive felt cold for 6 months:D [​IMG]Two nice bucks.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Lovely work on the stock, I just don't have the patience for that.

Good day out on the patch as well, you don't get much for a couple of bucks these days:D

James

3. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Sounds like a good day all round - good shooting, too.

4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Another good read mate,

what do you do with the rabbits:)

5. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Thanks mate, I eats em:D

Sometimes I give them away to people like you know, when someone wants them that isn't often.:(

Amazing I phoned my mother to see if her friend wanted these, they said no but were in a local pub eating rabbit pie, so they asked the pub who they got them from but it was the same old mate, they buy them in probably farmed or something.

6. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Surprised the rabbits don't have 2 heads,6 feet and no tail with them being from Barnsley :D

What's your plan for the 35 stock?

7. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

nice,

most of mine go to the dogs, but some go in the pot!! can't sell them in the shop because of health a bloody safety!!

but I really am itching to get in the field, but work is just mad at the moment:(

8. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Heyup!

Arr Kes wonce picked won up wi six feet un two eds it wo just moor fo us unt ferrits!

Hw35 mate going back together as an original old girl a bit of a resto pro ject like, going to take it out when Im done maybe shoot a few pigeons with it, or squirrels, with the open sights, make me feel 14 again.;) then I may be flogging it.

9. mattyts

mattyts Donator

You'll have to do a restoration thread mate! :)

10. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Its all in hand mate;):up:

11. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Close Matty, but that sounds more like Wath Upon Dearne which is just down the road in Rotherham.:D

12. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Can you pack that in please? Google Translate doesn't have 'Barnsleese' in the list of languages.

13. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

nice job you're doing on the stock.
    I was trying to recognize the skyline in the first picture.
    I think I know where it is:up::D
    I'm from kexborough originally.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  14. buffy vampire slayer

that's because there's no such lingo.
    it's either tarnish or tarnese

15. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

I used to live in Mexborough, just behind the fire station, lovely village.:rolleyes:

16. buffy vampire slayer

you'll probably know Dennis the menace then.
    one of my mates is knocking his daughter off.
    I should also say I live in elmsall now.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  17. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

I left 10 years ago and moved over to the coast, name doesn't ring a bell but probably will know him by face.

18. buffy vampire slayer

dennis "the menace" priestley he plays darts a bit.
    not so good now but he was in his day.
    you must have seen him on telly.