1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

H&k Usp...gbb

Discussion in 'Replica Airguns' started by Headhunter, Jul 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Headhunter

Headhunter My Chiappa Rhino will be delivered 2moro !

Well it arrived today and I ripped the packaging straight off......

HK USP - 6.jpg

It was just as the seller said, a display model from the shop, never fired (apart from to test prior to selling) and was absolutely immaculate......

HK USP - 13.jpg

Gave it a go 'going' over, bone dry (as normal with most new guns) and not a mark on it, well not until I started racking the slide back once I'd stripped and lubed it.

First thoughts ? Dear Lord it's a beast ! It's a bleedin' handful, it's very solid, with some good weight in the hand. The trigger in double action is better than I expected and the trigger in single action is superb, a tiny amount of 'take up' before breaking cleanly. Manually cocking it reveals an unexpected bonus, the sound it makes it so authentic that I found myself just sitting there cocking and pulling the trigger on it for for about five minutes listening to the action, just awestruck by the sound. The de-cocker works as it should and the safety is different from any other auto I own, instead of just locking the action outright (trigger locks, can't rack the slide, etc.) it disengages the trigger totally, that allows you to load the gun and rack the slide back all the while the safety is on !
    When I stripped it down to lube the slide I was surprised to see the H&K patented contained dual spring guide rod system that is on the original copied onto this replica. The magazine is definitely the heaviest mag I've ever encountered, I had to check to see whether the CO2 bulb had been left in it but no, it was empty.

This is my first 'Tactical Tupperware' gun and the thought of the polymer frame had put me off buying one for quite a while, I'd managed to filter my list down to just three options; the S&W M&P40 (which is a beautiful gun tbh), the Glock 17 (gen 4, obviously) and this the H&K USP and after doing a bit of research I was surprised to find out that H&K were the originators of the polymer frame back in the 70's with the VP70. The USP was the result of the SOCOM primary weapons trials held in 1991 with the H&K mark 23, those are still arguably the most demanding trials that any military weapon has ever been put through and the mark 23 passed with flying colours. As a result, the USP was born, built primarily for the hot S&W .40 auto round which would routinely destroy adapted 9mm pistols in less than 3,000 rounds, it became a favourite amongst special forces world wide and was soon adopted by the German military as the P8 in the 9mm variant where it successfully handles the hottest of loads available and never fails !

HK USP - 8.jpg
    HK USP - 16.jpg

So now all I have to do is test it for accuracy and chronograph it for fps, I can't do nothing until Monday/Tuesday as this weekend has been reclassified as a family weekend since they lifted the lockdown restrictions slightly, I've got four grandchildren to get reacquainted with and my brother flies back out to Afghanistan in the early part of next week but fingers crossed for Monday, maybe Tuesday I'll get some shooting done :)

2. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me'..

Very nice looking pistol mate. Enjoy.:thumb:

Headhunter likes this.
  3. Twoplusfour1

Twoplusfour1 Donator

Very nice bud. Does it field strip?

Headhunter likes this.
  4. Headhunter

Yes, field strips exactly the same as the original :)

Twoplusfour1 likes this.
  5. Honest John

Honest John Engaging Member

Damn. Just settled down for a read of this. Il look forward to reading the next episode. I’m really getting into this blowback business and keep thinking of my next acquisition. Shooting blowback has become akin to using my springer rifles. My S400 is ok for comps at 50m but is sterile compared to shooting my TX or my 77 over the same distance. I really really really didn’t mean to start the springer pcp debate again, but the blowback/no blowback replica pistols strike me the same way. Lovely pictures of your H&K by the way.

Headhunter and garryt like this.
  6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill CO2 Enthusiast and nice guy.

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    Nice review. :up: It looks great. Nearly as nice as mine.:thumb::D But I must admit I too would prefer the blowback version. I only went for this one because it was cheap and quite powerful.

P1040315.JPG

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Headhunter likes this.
  7. td_boy

td_boy Donator

That looks cool :thumb:... I didn't know they did a blowback version, I only knew they did a non-blowback one which is a bit 'meh!'

Headhunter likes this.
  8. spaspeckerthedull

spaspeckerthedull Well-Known Member

HK are my favourite arms manufacturer, I have several airsoft and one paintball marker that are HK replicas - I have a 6mm shooting USP but mine is the "match"version with the compensator and magwell flare. It's just had a new piston seal upgrade and now seems MUCH more powerful but will only be able to tell when my club re-opens from lockdown and I can get it on the range

I really fancy the same version as the OP though as my airsoft version suffers from some serious cooldown - or maybe a USP compact

Headhunter likes this.
  9. Sniper Kitten

Sniper Kitten Member

Good review,Thank you.
    Tempted to get one to go with my Umarex HK mP5.

Headhunter likes this.
  10. Headhunter

Well I managed to get the gun chronographed today, one weird thing that I noticed about the gun was the fact that the packaging stated that the magazine only holds 16 bb's, well I managed to get 18 in it with room to spare ! Whilst I'm talking about 'weird' things (not actually weird but just different), once you've emptied a mag and the slide locks back, you refill the mag and as soon as you put the magazine back into the gun it automatically releases the slide and feeds a bb into the breech ready for you to go again. It made me jump the first time it did it but I actually really like the idea but simultaneously I was so glad that I engaged the safety when I dumped the mag out of it, something I will have to bear in mind for future use. The is blowback is solid, weighty and very, very snappy, just as it should be, when the slide snaps back the gun seems well balanced and very controllable, seems easier and quicker to get back on target than either the 1911 or the Taurus PT-92 (GSG-92).

So back to the chronograph test, the USP managed 3 full magazines (3x18=54 in total) and averaged 328 fps per shot, the highest being 343fps (the very first shot) and the lowest being 319fps (shot 54, last shot) but bear in mind that the first shot was +5 above the next six shots and the last shot was -5 compared to the previous four to five shots. It averaged 328fps over the course of the 54 shots with no more than +/-4fps difference between each shot (excluding the first and last shots), so the gun fired very, very consistently. When compared with my other bb autos the results have it in top fps spot (compared against; KWC Luger, Remington 1911 RAC (x2), GSG-92). The fourth and final mag started high (338fps) but steadily dropped down to the sub 300fps mark (280fps) and finally ended up on the last shot at around the 271fps mark and when I removed the mag there was very little CO2 left in it and it struggled with the blowback (a bit 'laggy') on the last 7 or 8 shots.

So tomorrow I'll be testing it's accuracy at around the 6m mark, I must admit to being a little bit nervous as the gun meets all my expectations in the realism stakes and then some, so I am very happy with it in that respect, it's fps results are really good too, so I am very happy with that .......So something has to go awry somewhere, it can't be that good, can it ? I've got the feeling that tomorrow I'll be back giving you the bad news that you can't hit the barn, let alone the doors at five paces, there's got to be something wrong with it somewhere, it can't be as good as it is and be a good shooter as well or everybody would have heard of these and have one in their collection.

Oh well, fingers crossed that it can hit a coke can at 6m as it's a stunning gun but come tomorrow we will know for sure :up:

garryt likes this.
  11. garryt

garryt Posting Addict

It should not release the slide when you put the mag in mate. That's a fault with the slide catch not fully engaging.......;)
    Had the same issue with an XDM once.

Headhunter likes this.
  12. Wild Bill

Yes @Headhunter that is a fault with the slide shooting forward when you put a magazine in. I had it on my first M&P 40. They exchanged it for me. The second pistol does not do it at all.

garryt and Headhunter like this.
  13. Headhunter

Thanks for the heads up fellas. I'll take a look at it in the morning, see if I can't sort that out :(

14. Headhunter

Well, I had a few minutes free so I decided to take a look at the slide, @garryt quite correct buddy, the slide catch was not fully engaging properly, whether it had not been checked before painting but there was a reverse slant on the slide release inlet, so the catch was being forced (under the slide's spring pressure) to disengage at the slightest knock (which happened every time I 'slammed' a full mag in the gun).
    So out with the needle files, re-cut the face to the right angle (it now matches the corresponding angle of the slide release catch's face), touched up with the old aluminium black (thanks again GarryT for that helpful suggestion, that stuff is far better for touching up than the cold blue version), re-assembled gun and it works like a charm, happy days.

Thanks again to GarryT and Wild Bill for pointing that out, I would've been none the wiser unless somebody had said something.

So that's a cheap new gun (I absolutely love a bargain) and I got to 'fettle' it (I love a good fettle I do) and tomorrow I get to shoot it (that's three for three !). It times like these that make me truly realise why I love this hobby; bargain hunting, fixing & fettling and shooting, three things that are guaranteed to make me smile :)

garryt and Wild Bill like this.
  15. NaughtyBadCal

NaughtyBadCal Busy Member

That’s a pain my xdm does this but still works fine.

Headhunter likes this.
  16. Headhunter

If yours has the same fault as mine did (the slide release failing to engage properly) it's not too difficult to fix, doesn't take too long to do and then your gun is 100% functional. My OCD tendencies would not have allowed me have the gun at anything less than 'perfect working condition', it's a curse really ;)

NaughtyBadCal and garryt like this.
  17. NaughtyBadCal

The slide release works fine but say if the side racks back due to no ammo left if I then leave the slide racked back and chuck a fresh mag in the slide goes forward when mag had Been fully clipped in:up:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Headhunter likes this.
  18. Wild Bill

Yours has the same defect then. Follow Mr Head's advice and get it fixed.:thumb:

Headhunter likes this.
  19. NaughtyBadCal

I tried to take apart with no success there is a vid showing how to but the mans hands is covering everything you need to see. So might just leave it I normally release the slide before putting a fresh mag in anyway.

Headhunter likes this.
  20. Wild Bill

The XDM field strips don't it?

Headhunter likes this.