1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

GUTTED PAYPAL

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by wizard1963uk, Sep 22, 2014.

1. wizard1963uk

wizard1963uk Donator

well brought an item sent payment as a gift payment but managed to send it to the wrong person :confused: contacted paypal and explained that it was sent to the wrong person and they told me there's nothing they can do :mad: so a £50 item has ended up costing me £100 im not happy so wont be sending money as a gift for any item in future

2. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Or just make sure it's the right person mate be double sure next time? Sorry to hear that though.

3. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Where's the time going?

Have you tried emailing the address you sent it to and explaining? There's a slim chance they may be a decent person and gift it back.

4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

can you still reverse gift payments?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  5. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Did ask the person to send it back ..I would send it back if I got it by mistake atb

6. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

can't you send a email too who you paid? was it some one on your friends list on paypal

7. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

so would I ( cough) :rolleyes:

8. wizard1963uk

wizard1963uk Donator

not on my friends list i dont even know them the email addresses where exactly the same apart from one digit :( i tried emailing them but just bounce's back i know its my fault but paypal was not helpful one bit

9. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

If it bounces back is it even a valid email ie has the money actually gone anywhere?

10. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

if bounce back could be a dead email in which case you should be able to go into paypal and manually cancel it

11. wizard1963uk

wizard1963uk Donator

i said this to paypal and they said it's gone through:( i said could you try to e.mail them as it might be something wrong my end and there answer was NO

12. Denzle

Denzle Donator

I did something very similar when purchasing an item from this very site. Missed out a digit on the email addy, money was sent off and I was only alerted to the error when I pm'd the seller to see if the transaction was completed. Fortunately I was able to cancel the transaction via PayPal and resend to correct address. Felt a bit of a twerp and only hope that the seller didn't think I was pulling a fast one!

13. Geordie

Geordie Donator

Couldn't you just click on "activity" on your Paypal account home page? There is a list of your Paypal history there, including email addy's:confused:

14. Barni

Barni Donator

Typical paypal .... anything goes wrong they always welch on it

If its over a fair amount I would rather pay with fees and at least hopefully have some reassurance.

b****r that :( .... feel for ya as its not nice. Hopefully you get it back

15. ambriel

ambriel Engaging Member

I'd imagine part of Paypal's reticience to get involved is that it was sent as a gift when in fact it was payment for an item.

16. wizard1963uk

wizard1963uk Donator

That is correct ambriel

17. gargloit

gargloit Posting Addict

Exactly (although I think you meant to say 'reluctance'). The OP commits a fraud, makes a balls up on sending the money, and then moans that Paypal should put things right. Time to take responsibility for your own actions.

18. wizard1963uk

wizard1963uk Donator

I already said it was my mistake but PayPal couldn't give a f@ak

19. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Welllll, not exactly a fraud. He could argue that we're all friends on here :D

20. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

I think that you are best not to use the gift function unless the recipient is a good friend.

John