1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

gun shop in west brom dont bother

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by wil1hit, Feb 15, 2014.

1. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

after purchasing an aa 510 from the airgun centre and having the rifle delivered to a local shop in west brom not saying any names but known for hw tuning.was literally snarled at because i did not purchase from him,then after putting 2000 pellets through it drifted out to 12.7,phoned aa who quickly told me to get the rifle to that same shop so they could pick it up and repair .(marvellous great aftercare i thought)I was then chasing the gun for 3 weeks wear upon i was told rifle fixed can pick back up from this same shop all costs paid for ,so sent son to fetch for me ,where he was promptly told 25 pound handling charge even though air arms had apologised and said all costs covered and was told that again on friday at shooting show by chris from air arms him self as he had delt with it his self.my son replied how can you charge for postage and packing if they sent their own driver and i would have boxed myself its worth a fiver at most which he was replied to should have bought the rifle from here.Son paid fee and are going to speak to air arms on monday as the rifle was still under warrenty as well, but just a word of warning ive never recieved a cup of tea as advertised on youtube his wife is verry helpful but his right to rip people off because the law states we cant do it our selves now .i feel that this kind of treatment falls verry close to arkright off the tv and is very undeserving of our hard earned money, shall never shop there again for anything as if i cant trust him in this event you have no chance of me ever purchasing a gun (remember folks word of mouth travels far so be weary of this shop it is a sheep in wolves clothing.

please tell me your thought and advice

2. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

Did you just arrange for it to turn up at his shop or did you arrange it with him in advance? Are you a long and loyal customer?
    i was having this same conversation with a friend yesterday about why would I wouldnt be happy if i was an RFD and people just arranged to use me as a drop of point for goods they had bough elsewhere. I am not saying this is what you did at all but reading your post i couldnt see the bit where you had made arrangements with you local RFD to do a huge favour for you.
    apologies if i have the wrong end of the stick:)

3. mattyts

mattyts Donator

As Ozzy said,if you just 'used' the guy/shop as a pick up point and as the middle man,I would be a bit annoyed too.

4. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

no chris from aa phoned him his self and i purchase all my pellets and so on and so does my son and his friends which we have recommended ive also purchased a tx200 off him not no more

5. danlightbulb

danlightbulb Engaging Member

I've never had the free cup of tea either, but that's really not why I go in there! I think basing your view of the shop on a you tube video (effectively a promotional video in all but name), is bound to end in disappointment.

I think this whole shipping to RFD thing is flawed anyway. I cannot think of any other industry or product where you can use a competitor as a means of buying another competitors product.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  6. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

always a shame that an experience like that leaves both parties losing out, you not using your most local independent dealer and them losing a loyal customer with future purchasing plans. Sorry it wasnt a better outcome:(

7. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Sounds like everyone has lost out :(

8. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

im basing it on his responce today after spending more than your average joe bloggs in there,the comment is to worn people that he does not care go to merry hill in future

9. Dth1

Dth1 Active Member

I'm sorry but I don't see your complaint.....a RFD has provided a service for you to facilitate the delivery of your new rifle and then a further service for its return to AA to be fixed, they have then provided the same service a third time after it had been returned to them by AA.....so effectively 3 different transactions that they have made no money from, yet have been 'inconvenienced', I'd be happy that I didn't pay three times.

all of the RFD I have used all charge a handling fee if purchasing something from a competitor.....and if I was one I would also.....it's their livelihood not a public service :)

10. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

chris from aa did all the work his self fetching and returning rifle how can you justify 25 quid for just handing it over specialy as im a returning customer i would think of the longer run ,if i ran my buisness like that i wouldnt have a returning customer after 3 months lol

11. Dth1

Dth1 Active Member

I see what you mean....but I'm guessing that they didn't charge you the first or second time? Maybe because you are an occasional customer?

12. mattyts

mattyts Donator

They don't do things for free,they have over-heads and any time spent doing 'free' things is money wasted when they can spend the time earning money.

13. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

their is an old saying please some of the poeple some of the time not all people all of the time but there is ways of handling things and saying by not purchasing the rifle from him is not going to encourage me to buy another from him ive bought one rifle from him which i was happy with but because i purchased another from somewhere else does not give him the right to be rude their should be a sighn up if he does not want to do this service

14. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

i purchase almost everything from there lol his wife speaks and sometimes comes and has a siggy with me thats not an occassionally ive had worst first dates than that

15. jambo1984

jambo1984 Engaging Member

if you would of done it at the other shop you use they would do the same.

16. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

i dont use other shops they didnt have *** i wanted at the time and i didnt want to wait what would you have done i know if some one came into my shop and bought a rifle off me before i would have not charged for passing it back over the counter probably didnt even need to get out his seat,dont forget if purchased rifle of him not so long a go that would say to me that hes going to be a good customer i will work on him 2 rifles with in 2 month

17. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

My rfd at our club charges £25 for any transaction that has him handling your goods.
    If any member needs a rifle returned or sent for servicing its £25 each way.
    If he has to add packaging or a box its a £25 fee so your looking at £50 to send plus £25 on return, if you show up with an unwrapped Item.
    I loathe having to use his At times I buy all my pellets and my son's ,I have purchased a few brand new rifles and scopes
    From him but you get zero favours from him.
    That's just business its all about the money good customer service is a dying Art.

18. Strathrpc

Strathrpc Keyboard Hero

We have a number of RFDs in our shooting club; nae charges to club members from any of them.:D:D

19. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

i have next stores decorating contracts and if i didnt treat them in the way they deserve regardless to the amount of work i recieve from them i wouldnt get anymore work ,i believe in making a living as i said i have my own buisness but its about being fair and not being rude

20. Donzo

Donzo Banned

Get it sent by Parcel force they now accept air guns for delivery.