1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Gun For Sale, Help An Advice Please

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by bob southey, Mar 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. bob southey

bob southey Member

Due to health issues I have had to give up my shooting hobby, and therefore need to sell my kit, but I have no idea how to go about it. I have a Super 10 bought from new from Sandwell field sports Birmingham in 1999, plus a few other related items .
    My question is how to go about it , pricing, postage, listing on here and anything else you feel I need to know.

BoB

2. talent

talent Posting Addict

Is it all working Bob? Maybe some photos would help.

3. TR158

TR158 Keyboard Hero

Hi BoB, you'd need to create a sales thread with the appropriate information and pictures. Perhaps add some pics in this thread along with details of everything on offer e.g.

Calibre
    General condition
    How well is shoots, and with which pellets
    Current power and FPS spread would be good if you have access to a chrono
    Any known issues
    What else comes with it? i.e. scope, mounts, charging kit etc and which models and general condition etc (again with pics)

From the above we might be able to give you a guesstimate on pricing, however the usual rule of thumb is two-thirds of the price new, adjusting the price based upon overall condition and any issues/faults etc. It's a little harder with guns and scopes that might now be discontinued, so a search of past sales threads might also help :thumb:

Lead Merchant and Tadpole like this.
  4. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

To get a guide price, use the search function on the top bar, type in super 10 and check the sales graveyard box in the dropdowns for the forum areas and it should return old sales threads.

Accessories are best valued at a percentage of new cost, but some of your gear may now be out of date.

To list in sales, make sure you read the sales rules, list in sales with a very good description of mechanical and cosmetic condition and use plenty of pics to support the sale.
    Postage can be tricky. Only Parcelforce 48 will carry airguns for the public and they only offer £100 compensation. So be clear who bears the risk.
    RFD transfer is safer but costs both the seller and buyer, at each end.

Wilco and Lead Merchant like this.
  5. JohnnyVk

JohnnyVk Engaging Member

Hi Bob I sold my gun on here a few days ago first time seller , take some photos of what your selling with a note of your username and date next to your items and then a description of what condition it’s in and just a price of what you would like to receive for said items hope that helps a bit mate .

6. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Wilco, Lead Merchant and Tadpole like this.
  7. bob southey

bob southey Member

Thanks to all, photos (as soon as I find out how) will be put up alongside as accurate description as I can manage .
    Thanks again
    BoB

Tadpole likes this.
  8. sagalout

sagalout What a plinker!

Like this :
    Screenshot 2021-03-30 153532.jpg Screenshot 2021-03-30 153654.jpg Screenshot 2021-03-30 153755.jpg 20201218_163719.jpg Screenshot 2021-03-30 154037.jpg

Click on images for full size.

bob southey and jesim1 like this.
  9. bob southey

bob southey Member

Thanks very clear instructions:up:

sagalout likes this.
  10. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

Personally I wwould steer clear of posting a pcp, but thats just me.

All good advice given so far, so don'tt think you can go wrong....if you have had it since 1999 and not messed with it, then highlight the fact its in original, unmolested condition.