1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Gun cabinet and neighbour woes

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by resnikov, Jan 13, 2017.

1. resnikov

resnikov Busy Member

Already have a gun cabinet to hold my shotguns and I was squeezing in my 2 main air rifle as well and the rest were stashed away in the attic. Not the best way to store them so I decided to get a second cabinet for the air rifles. It's not going to hold any FAC or SGC rated guns so wasn't that bothered about spending a lot.

I found one on ebay, 6 guns, deep cabinet, "police approved ;) ", just short £100 delivered. Brilliant I thought so I ordered it.

I knew I was not going to be home when it was delivered but thought that would be fine. Got home and there is a ticket saying it been left with a neighbour. This is when slight panic starts to happen. The neighbour on one side is a lovely old lady who takes in packages all the time for me and we always have a chat, the other side is an mother and daughter who are miserable as sin and I'm pretty sure they have reported me to the police more then once about shooting matters. I have never done anything wrong and always make sure I am within the law. When the police have come round they have been as nice as pie and apologetic about having to come round.

Guess who the delivered the cabinet to? Yes your right the, the nasty neighbours. OK well its a large cabinet but it should be wrapped in something. I can blag it if they ask what it is. I went round to collect it and I can see it in their conservatory and in big letters down the side of the cardboard box GUN CABINET!!!!!

Minimal conversation as I collect it :p

So to sum it up: Neighbours know I have gun cabinet, so does the Yodel delivery driver and anyone else from Yodel who say the parcel and my address on the side. Really not happy about that. Contacted the eBay seller who apologised and offered me £5.50 for my inconvenience.

On the plus side cabinet now fitted and all the rifles fit just, One rifle and its scope don't sit that well but should be able to sort it.

2. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Not good when things like that happen, how did they come up with £5.50

Ray

3. rich79

rich79 Lovin the smell of cordite in the morning

That's why I only but secondhand ones, you never know who the delivery has been subbed out to, even when I moved house I waited until it was dark to get my cabinet out the boot, even then a curtain twitcher across the road spotted me.

4. neildarlow

neildarlow Busy Member

You should have said to the neighbour that the cabinet is for keeping the wife's sex toys out of harms way. That might have defused the situation. :;

Sent from my ASUS ZenPad™ tablet with Tapatalk

5. resnikov

resnikov Busy Member

No idea, I wasn't actually expecting a reply from the seller.

6. oling

oling Well-Known Member

Don't worry about this. The police will stop coming and will start bothering the neighbours if they keep calling them when you are doing nothing wrong but shooting legally in your back garden or what not. As I gather you have been, always be courteous and well-mannered with the police and you shan't have a problem. Some people are just t***s - don't worry about it and move on. Though I will add that it would be courteous to your neighbours and give them absolutely no ammunition whatsoever - if you'll pardon the pun - by using a silencer wherever possible.

7. Squirrelking

Squirrelking Donator

Despite the above, got a link?

8. resnikov

resnikov Busy Member

9. rubyoptics

rubyoptics Engaging Member

I think the police's attitude towards you when they do come round speaks volumes for your attitude as a responsible gun owner.

10. PAUL1986

PAUL1986 Keyboard Hero

It could be worse. a few years ago my neighbor used to follow me to one of my nearby shooting areas. god knows why. he called the police several times telling them he had been out with his dog and seen someone walking around a nearby field with a gun and a torch. I had several written letters from the land owner giving me permission to shoot there both at night and during the day. I let the police know each time I would be shooting there, the land owner also contacted the police several times also telling them he had given me permission to shoot on his land, he also let them know when I would be there too. just in case they forgot that I had told them. the first time the neighbor called the police they sent what seemed like an entire squad with them. the other times, lucky for me they sent one officer. the land owner got so sick of dealing with the police on such a regular basis that he nearly stopped me shooting on his land. thankfully he accompanied me to the local police station, the result was my neighbor being arrested for wasting police time on at least six occasions. I don't know how many other times he had called them to report me and they didn't come out because they knew I was there. even though they knew I was there every other time the neighbor called them.
    he was cautioned and fined and we haven't spoken since. no big deal. my other neighbors and I get on just fine.
    needless to say I am on first name terms with a lot of the local police officers now, two of which I used to go clay pigeon shooting with.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  11. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Where's the time going?

We had a similar problem when some of the wifes toys were delivered!

:laff: