1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Grumps

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Kyska, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Where's he gone?

pm'd the ray of sunlight a whole back, no reply

2. sillygarry

sillygarry Posting Addict

grumps give us a wave mate

3. doodsy

doodsy Donator

yeh I noticed he had seemed quiet as well kyska, hope alls well, maybe he needs a little
    time to himself, yo grumps you out there lost in cyberland or just working too hard

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  4. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

My perspective is some forum members were.... let's say.... a little unkind to him regarding his recent revelation about a career change!

He's probably either thoroughly p****d off at people attitudes or he is concentrating on his new career direction!

I for one wish him all the best! :up:

5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

^^^same as!

im sure he will be back:)

6. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

I don't know if I should be saying anything, but I have had an email from him, and he is fine as far as I can tell. He is busy doing his own thing at the moment, and in the process of moving cave as he put it.

I can say that he was somewhat disappointed at the response he got from some members of this forum when he tried to discuss a change of direction for himself, and to be honest, I don't blame him. I am not going to say anymore, because it would be betraying a trust, if he wants you to know, I am sure he will be in touch.

To SteveO, No slight intended by tagging this message onto yours, you weren't one of the you know whats!:D

ATB, Ray.

7. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Thanks for that Ray, as long as the old bean is ok, pass on my regards.

Rich

ps he is, and he knows to be bigger than some off the cuff twonk comment on this forum.

8. SniperSi

SniperSi Donator

He's up in Scotland doing some fishing at the mo.

9. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Well I hope the weather has been kind to him, these last few days, I will leave a missive in his inbox for when he gets a minute to look. I will pass on your best wishes as well.

10. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

actually he is back in the lakes now ;)

11. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

I heard he was on a photo shoot and he is the new face of Daystate....... (Grumps in camo lycra drapped over a tree :eek:) :D

12. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Where's the time going?

For a known technophobe everyone seems to have their tabs on him one way or another.
    I recall him saying he was working for himself 12+hrs a day 7 days a week without the prospect of a day off for at least the next year or until his little business venture gets of the ground (so to speak).

13. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

well, whatever he,s doin i wish him well,..;)
    nil carbarundum,n,all all that grumps......:up:

14. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

I am not sure what it is you are actually saying, but I certainly don't have tabs on him. I sent him an email, he sent me a reply. What he said to me is mostly none of anybodies business but me and Grumps.

15. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I don't have tabs on him either but he is a mate so I maybe chat to him on the phone :rolleyes:
    not sure that's keeping tabs though

16. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Although I agree with what you have said Steve and I was one to air my option on his thread in question.
    But if you put your life with all your vices, addictions past and present on an open forum sooner or later it will back fire. I last year built a range and wanted to put a weekend on, long and short of it was I misjudged what the members wanted and...the hole thing bit me in the butt...Hero to Zero within a couple of threads.

So where as I hold no malice or I'll feeling towards him, but we all have a crosses to bare and sharing is not always a good idea.

Andrew

17. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Absolutely agree Andrew! and I see that you often come in for a slating by people who don't know and have never met you and find myself biting my tongue when this happens because I have met you and after chatting with you face to face, and us coming to and understanding of each other I have a completely different idea of your personality and your sentiments when you post to those who never have.

It's a shame that a lot of the time people misunderstand and misjudge people based on a few unemotionally typed words on a screen! :(

18. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Where's the time going?

Hey hey Calm down lads.

I was not implying anything!

19. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

All is calm Eeee-Aaaaw, honest!:D

20. neiled

neiled Donator

I was intrigued by the constant reference to the post in question so I checked it out and read it and would now like to make a comment.

I'm not going to comment on the subject of the thread but more so on the repercussion as I really can't believe such a delicate topic can be aired on an open forum, a shooting specific forum at that. Surely in these modern times of internet based social media posts, articles, comments, recordings etc. coming back to bite/haunt people it isn't a wise move to post such a delicate/personal subject especially when it mentions an FAC application?

Another thing I'm starting to see more regularly now on this forum are personal comments being made against other forumer's which I don't see a need for or agree with, most are in reply to contrary opinion or disagreement to what the person has posted. Well as is my general outlook on life......"if you don't want to hear the answers then don't ask the question" as not everyone is going to suck up to you and give you the answer you want to hear!

This is a generalisation and is not geared towards anyone in particular although I think the detractors on the post in question were dealt with and dismissed rather harshly but one of them also went OTT with some very personal comments.

Rant over!

Last edited: May 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.