1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

gran kids

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by simply james, Dec 26, 2008.

1. simply james

simply james Banned

isnt xmas a nice time to be with them ,telling you all there tales about xmas and what they got,i often wonder what lies ahead for them when there bigger, in this fine country of ours

2. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

I have total faith in Gordon brown:):up:

Now wheres my plane ticket?:D

Glad you had a nice chrimbo with the little ones;)
    (you know their evil when you arent lookin'):D

3. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

what fine country james?
    its going more and more downhill every day:(
    credit crunch, illegal imagrants, no jobs, feel sorry for them me!
    when we reach pension age we will have to go to the post office to draw our pension with a pump action down our coats , its really getting bad!

4. simply james

simply james Banned

i like that reply rockabilly

5. simply james

simply james Banned

you got that right a1 mate,i found where they hid there sprouts off there dinner,well at least it wasnt in my slippers

6. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

:) How many and how old are the granchildren?

7. simply james

simply james Banned

5 3 girls 2 boys ,girls 12 9 7 boys 11 8 ,all full of fun ,the eldest one is right in to bops and shooting pure tom boy

8. Margaret13

:D Great fun when that lot are together keep you young James or tried lol.

9. simply james

simply james Banned

yeh the house is empty today the wifes went bargain shopping ,the kids are all back with there parents,its just me in buy my self,the house is different when its got about 25 people running around,its nice to have a bit time to your self though to catch your xmas memories isnt it ,and remember the family ones you have lost over the years

10. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

My father loved kids but he told me many times when he was alive that this is a changing world and not such a nice place to bring children into. I have never wanted children and will never have any. I'm afraid when I am gone there will be no more Ralphs on my side of the family (I can hear Steve heaving a sigh of relief as I type this) :D;)

11. simply james

simply james Banned

you never know tina the world might get better one day

12. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Too late for me now James, One reason is i'm too old and the other is i've been sterilised, definately wasn't meant to have kids. As for the world lets hope it does get better, not much prospects for young kids at the moment.

13. Margaret13

:) Its not for everyone We always wanted children but after losing our first child (a boy) at 5 months to high blood pressure we said perhaps it wasn't to be but after a few years we was blessed with our daughter who means the world to us but even though we wouldn't want to be without her if parents was honest children can bring as much worry and heartache as they bring love.

14. simply james

simply james Banned

ah well as long as your happy with your life tina thats what counts mate,i must admit i sometimes worry about the kids future but its out of my hands so no good worrying is it

15. simply james

simply james Banned

sorry to hear that margaret,but as you say its always a worry havibg kids,my eldest lad is 25 married with a daughter ,i still tell him when hes going out for a night on the town take care son,he will say dad look at the size of me hes boxed all his life,but i know as a ex door man ,these cowards dont use there fists,and are like a pack of wolves when some one goes on the ground,we wouldnt be normal if we didnt worry about them would we margaret

16. Margaret13

Your right James its all part of being a parent my mum had 5 of us :eek:

17. simply james

simply james Banned

yes its something we have to do margaret,when you bring a childe in to the world you are there till the end ,i wouldnt have it any other way,after what i seen on the streets of the north east xmas eve

18. Margaret13

Make you right James you have them for life my mums 74yrs old and still would stand by anyone of us :)

19. simply james

simply james Banned

good on her margaret thats what mums are for,i always thought my mum would be around for years i loved her so much,but she died of cancer when i was nineteen it killed me for the first 2 years i went out drinking and getting in to all kinds of scrapes,then i met my wife who i had new since i was a kid she come from a good back ground me from a half decent one she learned me how to talk,and not use my fists it took some time ,i think of my mother every day and always talk to my kids about her,i think if she was still alive today id still be single and living at home as we had a special retationship but my wife took my mothers place and she has been good to me as a wife and mother to my children,and i know my mum would be happy if she seen uss together ,its so easy to take the wrong path in life ,thats why i always try to see the good in people even though they havnt had all the breaks in life that some of uss have

20. Margaret13

:( Sorry to hear that James when your a kid you think mum and dad will be a round for life don't you I was 43 when my dad died 3yrs ago and you feel like a child again and I wanted my mum to fix it like she had done everything in the past and you soon realised she couldn't thank . for Dave and Amy I picked myself up I was ill myself at the time that didn't help I had my mum to help and four brothers life had to go on they live on in your heart don't they mate :)