1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Bad news Gows have Vanished.. so has my rifle!!!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by G_Cam, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Cam

G_Cam Member

Long story ... but basically..

Gows in Dundee had my Theoben Evo in for repair.
    They have gone bust.. and after contacting the police, FAC holder of the 'remain' stock and failing to find the receiver/liquidator... It looks like my gun has gone missing/been stolen or sold!!!

I have obtained legal advice and I'm looking at a civil action against the directors.. (as Gows was Limited apparently this is the only course of action I can take... but they are double checking the Scottish law on this for me). The police cant give me a crime number yet as there is an ongoing investigation (and I do not think I'm along from what I gather).. and until they explore all the avenues they can only confirm it as 'missing'... and part of the investigation! Oh Great!

Any idea where I go from here?

It is not a 10 a Penny gun... but what are the chances of getting it back? Or has anyone been in the same situation?

Thanks all

2. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Really sorry to hear this, it's a difficult pill to swallow. Is there a receipt from them for taking the gun in to prove they had it? It may be worth contacting your insurance company as many have cover for "sports equipment" being lost or damaged - worth asking?

James

3. G_Cam

G_Cam Member

Thanks James
    The gun was in and out several times... but I have the original receipt for the work and my credit card payment.
    I spoke to the gunsmith who actually repaired it (he is also holding the FAC guns from the shop).. and I was able to describe exactly what work he was asked to do and he confirmed he had done it and returned it to the shop.. no-one bar me, the gunsmith and the shop staff would be able to describe the rifle. I have given the police a description of the gun and they are enquiring about it... it is easy for me to spot it if it comes up for sale, but it appears if they have sold it (without my permission) I need to take civil action against the directors...

Graham

4. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    Does your credit card insurance cover this?? Just thinking of options for you as this sucks big time.....

5. PhilD

PhilD Donator

were do you stand legally if the gun is still on your ticket and its not in your possession and its not in there possession and you don't have a valid receipt for it, maybe worth getting legal advice

6. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

If a Fire Arm you must have a Receipt for Repair ?

If unable to get Shop to reply or their Agents

Advise Police that your Fire Arm - is No loger under your control - Was being repaired / serviced - But Shop no longer Active.

Best Of Luck

BOB/R

7. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Jesus H Christ, am I ever glad I used KevG!!!

8. G_Cam

G_Cam Member

I have spoken to the police. They did not give much away.. but the long and short of it is...
    There is an 'On-going investigation' they will add my gun in to the mix (I thus assume I'm NOT ALONE!)
    They cannot issue a crime number (which the Insurance company require) as not crime has been committed. the gun may be somewhere and is yet to be discovered! And apparently even if they DID sell it .. I would need to pursue a Civil Claim (which the Insurance company will cover) to recover the goods or £ to the value.
    Even if they have sold it... and I can find who bought it I cannot recover it.. IF it was bought in 'good Faith'! As it was described to me ... if it was sold at 'market value' and the buyer was not made aware that it was not Gows to sell I cannot recover it as it was in 'Good faith'!
    The only option is to pursue the company and the Directors... but as it is a Ltd Company that has gone into liquidation I have been advised that even if I win a Civil case I may no get the gun back or any £ compensation!

I have the original receipt for the work.. but it was back in twice as it was still not working as it should! so no receipt for that... but the gunsmith that repaired it can confirm it was my gun due to the very specific nature of the repair undertaken. It is not a common gun.. and you would need to own it to describe the detail around the gun and the repair... so the Police DO believe the gun was mine as they can gain corroboration from the gunsmith

it may not be Illegal to sell my goods ... but it is Immoral!!!

So that is why I'm a tad P***ED off!
    sorry all - not your issue..

9. secretagentmole

If they knowingly sold the gun they are guilty of theft as they have deprived you of the gun or it's monetary value! You can have the directors arrested for theft!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  10. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

kevs the best have you ever met him in his rhubarb and custard shed :D

Doncaster kev ??? or theoben kev g lol

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  11. G_Cam

G_Cam Member

Thanks

If that is the case I will defiantly pursue that route.
    It may stop them form being able to be directors in future if they have a criminal record!
    Might not get me my gun or any £ but I dot think they should be allowed to get a way with it.

12. whitevanman574

one minute are you telling me an fac gun has gone missing and the shop does not know where it is ????? or the police????

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  13. G_Cam

G_Cam Member

Mine was not a FAC - it was a Theoben

but (reading between the lines... and I may be 100% wrong)... I'm not alone.
    It is Odd, to say the least that some of the 'stock' was handed over to a registered dealer.. but as mine was not a FAC it is no-where to be seen!
    The Police are investigating..

It is also 'odd' that I cannot find out who the receiver is?
    I have found out that the owner of the property only got back the keys to a TOTALLY empty shop!

So there could conceivably be companies out there who supplied goods to Gows but never received payment etc... especially if any goods were on a Sale or return basis!

14. whitevanman574

I wouldn't leave it at that ,I would want him arrested for theft . not only that if the police do not buck up there ideas I would email the IPCC and say where is it ,im sure they would love to know ,
    also the question you should be answered to is this ....................

the serial number is logged to you ............ what happens if a crimes committed with that gun ................ because the gun shop would of definitely took note of serial numbers

15. secretagentmole

Theoben KevG is in Doncaster!

16. whitevanman574

I know he buzzes of me ........... making sure same kev mate

17. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

On Monday - Check with Trading Standard - Link normally on their - Local Authority web site

They can advise you on goods witheld if a company's goes down

And been issues before - Expect they will have a file - listing Directors and Associates

Would have had a better chance had it been a Registered FAC Gun -

BOB/R

18. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Also how many times have we heard of people being sold stolen cars in good faith and having the car taken off them and given back to the owner or insurance co. Why should it be different with a rifle or anything else that's been stolen?

19. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

It is no different as far as theft is concerned, however the car scenario only works as they have found the car and so have it in custody so to speak. They would have to find the gun first to be able to do this.

20. secretagentmole

In other words the police are telling the OP a load of balls, the gun can be recovered from any purchaser as it is the OP's gun. It is then up to the person who purchased it from Gow's to get their money back from the receiver.

Just the police tell the OP what is easiest for the police to deal with, not necessarily what is legally correct!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.