1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Got to have a rant

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Grumpyoldman, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

:mad2: RYYYYTTTTT going to cost Grumps £100 for a speed awareness course . more by the way than its cost the romanin who burgled my mates workshop and did over £2000 worth off damage and theft £75 fine and costs :mad: Why was Grumps caught doing 35mph 120M past the 30 zone . Because an ambulance with all lights going was up my arse getting to a call in my village . ( last 2 ambulances where for my mates mother with a heart condition , So i made fast to the nearest verge i could get on too to let the lads do there work as quick as possible . Several letters later to the pigs ( because im fuming im calling them the pigs ) they still want there pound off flesh !!!!!!!!!!! , Grumps drives like a little old man because in my youth i lost several mates from idiot driving and Grumps is never in a hurry . So lets just hope the couple off minuets i saved the ambulance crew made a difference . First driving offence in nearly 30 years

2. Jackal

Jackal Posting Addict

Contest it...if the 'lance was on a job they will have a record of it. State your reasons and stick with them.

3. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    Dont they just fine you and give you the option of taking the course to save the points....

4. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

I know how you feel Grumps and also feel the need to have a rant about the pigs lately. :mad:

Further to me being handcuffed and roughed up during a drug raid a week ago, a few nights ago I happened to witness a quite unpleasant head on collision which left two drivers with quite severe injuries, a broken shoulder, leg, back and neck injuries on both drivers.

Myself and a few other good Samaritans looked after the two women drivers initially, then directed traffic and stood in freezing cold blizzard like conditions for nearly an hour and a half while the ambulance crews worked on the injured and stabilized them!

The police NEVER SHOWED to the RTC despite angry pleas from the medics over their radio's!

They were probably busy answering your query while eating doughnuts in their comfy chair! :rolleyes:

Sorry if this offends our resident boys in blue but this isn't a one off in our area and it isn't on! Easier for the police (revenue collectors) to take a pop at law abiding motorists attempting to move out of an emergency vehicles way.... :rolleyes:

/rant.

Attached Files:

5. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Yes Several letters later . However im self employed and cant afford the insurance hit . Also having to take a day off for it . @ Jackal letters have been written but it all loops around . Grumps sees idiots in cars every day on phones changing lanes Grumps is an excellent driver . Because im a Grumpy old man not a fan of rules or da man But some things . like an everyday item like a car need rules because there dangerous . Boiling . £100 plus a day off not working !!!!!!!!!! There reply should have been . Hey Grumps . No worries seen what you did there , sorry for bothering you

6. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

As above with the red BMW... phone was still connected to her caller when I got to her.

7. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

It is wrong. Does seem that those that try and stay within the rules get punished when others that act like morons get away with it. At least it seems that way...

8. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Dont get Grumps started . my ex sis in law had a crash with her 3 year old in the car While she was Texting :mad2: Just take the hit this time and move on :mad: Its 1/4 mile from the 30 sign to the first building in my village . then good 400 yards t the first house and a steep decent from the dual carriage way slip road . We need the Police they do an amazing job dealing with the scum that society has allowed to proliferate and state has funded :mad: Perhaps if Government had the balls to allow punishment for crime and proper sentencing the police would not be so frustrated and waste so much time dealing with the same offenders time after time . So grumps takes a hit to fund them . Gettin philosophical now . best retire to the cave :rolleyes:

9. mikemjm

mikemjm Donator

necessity is a defence in law grumps, thats what the ambulance driver will use to defend against the same offence that you have committed when setting the same speed camera off. You might have an argument to state that it was necessary to speed up to allow the ambulance to pass.

10. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

To be completely Honest . i cant afford the time or energy ! pay the Ton . get a sleep in . Course starts at 10am and forget . Getting it off my chest has helped , Grumpy will one day get recommence

11. mikemjm

mikemjm Donator

chainsaw or flame thrower pay back? :)

12. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Chainsaw AND Flame Thrower pay back :D why have 1 when you could have both.

13. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

Next time you are at a set of lights with a camera on them you just sit there when the plod want to get past on red as you are not prepared to commit the offence for their benefit. They might claim you are committing the offence of obstructing them but they have already proven to you that the speeding was an absolute offence so jumping the lights would be as well. They (the safety camera partnerships) are not interested in anything other than raising revenue from speeding and traffic light camera's same as parking offences. After all how many lorries, transit vans do you see breaking the speed limit on A roads but because their limit is 10mph under a car they can get away with 78mph on a camera rather than 67 because the camera is set to the maximum limit permitted to cars. Even the average speed stuff unless it is linked to vehicle type will still be set for car speeds.

14. Squats

Squats Engaging Member

Grumps, I understand spraying the camera lens and filling the locks with superglue works....allegedly.....

15. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

If you attend the speed awareness course you can't walk out half way through it, you have to stay to the end and keep stum, or you lose your course fee and get the points/fine.

Revenge will have to be taken elsewhere.

John

16. warrenater

warrenater Donator

sandtex i believe. mask and no plates but of course i would not want to encourage such a thing.:D

17. JD

JD Donator

Ask for photographic evidence, I did and I got stiched up.

Mind you the course only cost me £70 : )

Keep quite at the course Grumps, just say what happened,

they use these courses to find the dickheads on the road.

18. splat

splat Donator

good chance they've traffic cam in it , have word see if over written or downloaded.

19. seakingfixer

seakingfixer Engaging Member

The issuers will never let you off a ticket as they are a private company.You must refuse the fine and the course, they must then refer it to the CPS for prosecution. The CPS will then make a judgement on the chances of a successful prosecution , I know to my cost speeding is an absolute offence (31mph 60.00 + 3pts thanks to that manic car hater Brunstrom) but you can plead mitigation and I can`t see any magistrate finding you guilty.

20. mildot

mildot Busy Member

Either that or pay up so that you don't get hit with any harder penalties - then continue to contest it - and don't let it go!