1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Got Anuther Itch That Needs Scratching...

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by pjgtech, Oct 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

I really, really, REALLY like the look of the Kral NP-02 pcp, £350 ish? 200 shots per fill, with padded hard case and 2 mags, etc....

Someone talk me out of it.... please.... :facepalm:

I may have to find a dealer with one in stock and see what they feel like to handle.

I know they have a long pull, about 16"plus.
    I know they are loud without a mod.
    I know the mags look a bit cheap and nasty.
    I know the trigger is not the best, lack of feel to 2nd stage?
    I know they are not regged and power can be inconsistent.

.... but..... £350 for Ch*st sake, how can you NOT buy one? :D

foxtrott and steevie dan like this.
  2. Pete236

Pete236 Very Active

If you have another itch, I suggest you go to the Doctor....

I am often tempted by the Kral offerings! I have to resist as I simply have no where else to put anything. Not even space for a book or another tin of pellets!

NCB2734 likes this.
  3. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

The trigger perhaps

4. Jack's Da

Jack's Da Its all about the macho cal

You have itchy b******s?

pjgtech likes this.
  5. no country members

no country members tooled up tool

You are attracted to them because you think you're gonna get FX, AA or Weirhauch level performance and enjoyment for 1/3 of the dosh and if you are lucky you will (at least for a while) but these guns are made to a budget which inevitably means lower quality components and worse still poorer QC. So the chances of getting a duffer are significantly higher. After sale customer service is likely to be lower too so it may take longer to resolve any issues you encounter.

Don't get me wrong I'm no gun snob or against the Chinese and Eastern Euro offerings in fact I recently purchased an Artemis P15 (OK I immediately returned it but that was my fault for buying blind over the phone without any hands on). Point is I just wish these enthusiastic newcomers would stabilise their QC and get some consistency.

32:1, foxtrott and pbrown like this.
  6. rich79

rich79 No deep or funny comment here

You can sort the trigger apparently, don't forget it's got left hand cocking & the power can be adjusted down too.
    Just buy it before the prices go up, don't come around here looking for non purchase backup, you'll find none of that here.

pjgtech likes this.
  7. Blister

Blister Busy Member

it's loud

8. steevie dan

steevie dan Pro Poster

£310 at Redbecks black action and I like it also.

foxtrott likes this.
  9. pbrown

pbrown Very Active

Because I want a fair chance the kit I spend my money on is going to do what it says on the box and will continue to do so.

Me <--------barge pole-------> Kral

HTH :p

Oat and bucketboy like this.
  10. pjgtech

To be fair the few reviews I've seen about these have generally been positive, and going in with my eyes open, I know its not gonna be an Air Arms or a Weihrauch, (But I have those already anyway) so I accept its gonna be a cheap and cheerful gun, (and I also have a couple of those too) so I'm still tempted. I'm not a gun snob, I've had cheap guns and I've had expensive guns, and IMHO theres not that much difference in performance as some people make out, or maybe I've just been lucky?

11. Guloluseus

Guloluseus Pro Poster

It was a n impulse buy for me- read about the jumbo, and RFD only had the NP-02 so in it came. I did a review here a bit ago on it that was very positive, and I stand by it.
    The only two things I would say are IT IS LOUD but with a barrel that short its no surprise, and secondly- more importantly- clean the living bejaysus out of the barrel before you use it. I gave mine 2 wets and 2 drys, leave 5 mins, and repeat. did this 10-15 times and on the last one there was still gunk coming out, but very slight. Kral tend to pack the barrels and if you dont clean it to death, the lands stay filled with it. This is probably the reason most people dont get one with them- cleaning is a must.

had a friend that hadone and plugged the barrel, left degreaser in overnight. when it came out it was just a mass of black- but by the gods it improved it so much.

12. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

I wouldn’t entertain one personally - not for me I’m afraid.

13. pjgtech

Tried one in a gun shop today, felt good quality, heavy, well made, nice length, for me, had very nice timber / grain, etc.
    I'm still tempted, luckily they only had .22, and I want .177, so could not buy on the spot if I wanted to....
    Also looked at a few pistols..... there is no hope for me... I am doomed, leave me behind.... take the kids.... :facepalm:

14. Oat

Oat Pro Poster

A better investment might be to roll seven £50 notes in to fat spliffs and instead of smoking them use them to play poohsticks on the zambezi! :p

Vard likes this.
  15. talent

talent Posting Addict