1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

good riddance wolverine

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by BIG HITTER, May 25, 2014.

1. BIG HITTER

BIG HITTER Engaging Member

Well only had my daystate wolverine B type a few months and everything was going just fine and I was putting pellet on pellet at my zero range of 35 yards but over the last week each time I took the gun out the zero had changed by up to 30mm high right, low left, high left, low right the thing was shooting all over the place all done indoors.
    The first thing to come off was the scope must be faulty the mtc viper connect.
    I called this thing worse than Censored (they was nothing wrong with it in the end). got myself a hawe airmax 30 tactical fitted and zero and back on target, I'm having a walk around one of the fields doing a bit of hunting and have a bit of a tumble nothing major gun didn't touch the floor but bangs into my legs and you guessed it its out of zero at this point i nearly rap the thing around a fence post:mad:

I'm back in the barn rezero but this time I give the stock a tap with the palm of my hand and low and behold its out of zero. I repeat this process with the silencer off same outcome then I take the barrel shroud off (pathetic little barrel under that shroud) and the gun shoots true but you need ear plugs in to shoot it put it all back together and put the gun away.

Make arrangements to take it back have half a dozen shots in the back garden before taking it back and the magazine stops cycling then i remember check air pressure gauge its just below 100bar magazine stops cycling at 100bar so I fill back to 200.
    Max on this gun is 230 within a couple of hours its at 150 now its a leaker so much for daystates new creation.

It's a shame, lost all confidence with daystate and I'll never touch another.
    Always wanted a buddy bottle rifle and the thought of getting something special from daystate why I got the wolverine one big let down.

Not having it back even if its put right as I'll be picking something else.
    and it won't be from daystate it doesnt take much to lose confidence and confidence is everything

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  2. jacobh

jacobh Active Member

Been waiting six weeks for my C type rang Daystate many times and they couldnt be any less helpful terrible customer service hope I dont encounter the same problem if it ever does arrive

Brooklyn likes this.
  3. 177

177 Donator

I've owned two Daystate rifles, both bought new.

Both developed major faults within days of buying them.

Both had to go back, one of them twice.

I won't buy Daystate again, even though the vast majority of Daystate owners I know of are very happy with theirs.

Once (or, in my case, twice) bitten and all that.

However, this demonstrates the human element when a manufacturing/quality control anomaly is received at the consumer end.

Most people who are happy with a product remain relatively silent.

You buy a pup at any price point and paying more does not necessarily ensure a greater (or lesser) likelihood of encountering a product failure.

I am sorry to hear of your problems - it's enormously frustrating when it happens, especially if it's your only or main gun :(

4. Carb

Carb Donator

First post, so hello all. Been reading here for quite some time.

Just wanted to say, sorry to hear about your problems with the daystate. I brought a MK4 after having a go on my mates Airwolf and it's an amazing gun. Shooting groups of 10 pellets at 40 yards inside a 2 pence coin.

5. woodyrapid7

woodyrapid7 Busy Member

Hi, sounds like the pellets were clipping the internals at the front of the shroud, I had the same problem with an air ranger so I removed all the internals and sent the shroud back to daystate to have the shroud cut to the same length as the barrel after that it was pellet on pellet at all ranges, shrouds and internals only make a gun less accurate ...

Atb Paul

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  6. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

yup same ,will never have a Daystate again :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  7. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

my hw100 will stack them in that bull in a ragged hole .;)

8. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

and mine. and I is an old fart too. :)

9. Cornish Kev

Cornish Kev Well-Known Member

Well just found this thread and my has the same problem just a very gentle tap of the shroud and you can move poi in which ever way you tap the shroud.

10. wil1hit

wil1hit Engaging Member

saying that i think anything new can have faults my s510 drifted to 12.5 within the first 1000 pellets but airarms was brill just reset did a full service free of charge still one of the best rifles but dont get used,my hw100t bought 3months ago brand new again kept slashing probe rings ,hull cartridge responce i must have used the wrong probe helo probe that came with rifle then gave me excuse after excuse why the rifle took 3 weeks to put right and i havnt touched it yet bought an airwolf the other day so waiting to see what happens to this lol the only rifle i can go to and no 100 percent shoots the same all the time is an old brummie eclips shoots 10.1 and never lets you down go figure british engineering 30 years ago nothing complicated just worked,and if their was a problem i bet they wouldnt of questioned the customer.
    So the lesson i guess is by second hand and at least you know what your getting second hand and if it does go wrong at least theres money in the pot to put it wright,why did webly have to go to Turkey and why do we have to pay for extra mods on the likes of airarms and bsa on regulators and that to get them to where they should be no wonder that everyone is starting to buy foreign its cheeper and better spec and has about the same build quality at the moment,but at least they just give you another when they break!:)

11. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Daystate shift a lot of guns, I've got 5 I'm happy with and all shoot groups you can cover with a 5p at 35m with the right pellets, and this is the norm.

Every manufacturer has issues with some of their guns, Daystate are no different, but people seem to be very pro or against Daystate - no idea why. I like them, but accept they get it wrong sometimes, they are after all only human, just like the rest of us.

James

12. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Think the reason why lads moan is the price bracket which there in lets face it daystate are top of the game in prices 2-3 time the price of aairarms s410 when paying these sorts of prices you dont expect to have issues as the ones reported not sure whats going on at daystate but there heading the same way as theoben uk u. Cant survive in this game off your good name for ever it only lasts so long .

Daystate had nothing but great reports 3-4 years ago yes all guns have slight issues on release but its how these are dealt with to how lads report it on forums and in the last few years daystates quality control has gone to pots as has there great reputation on customer serivice now if there prices had droped to compensate these faults lads might be abe to accept it more but the opposit is happening prices are rising fast and alot more issues are cropping up scareily infact for what is ment to be a top spec air rfle the price refects its a top spec air rifle but tne recent issues in Customer service and quality control dosnt rfelct this at all

Lads what have had daystates over the years shouldbe able to clarify what im Speaking of tne daystate mk3 was/ is very veryhard to find compaints about the mk4 was also held in very high regard but once the mk4is came on to the scene issues started to arise and and as contiued ever scince daystate of late seem all to keen on releasing ltd editions of there guns for vast amounts of cash instead of actually putting research in to problems the models have from tne regal wolverine and new models of original guns ie the wolf / mk4 which is a real shame because theres no denying daystate do make a great looking rifle but need to concentrate on isues the models have instead of thinking the will fleece us out of more cash with yet another limited eddition because as f now id rather buya new air arms s410 (some thing id of never done on a personl note not of the guns rep ) and pocket the diffrence atvb daveg

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  13. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

I can't see where you're coming from Dave by saying Daystate make limited editions for vast amounts of cash, the Regal was released at exactly the same price as the Huntsman Classic it replaced.

14. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I dont mind problems and issues in the first lot of products but it's how the problems are handled by customer service and wether or not they are fixed by the second run,that's what speaks about the company for me.

Grey Man likes this.
  15. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Yeah but the regal limited edition as been released yet as it nearly every time daystate announce on the daystat forum about new release 9 outof 10 times its another le model check it out on there it is a fact ie the red ranger grey shadow ect ect basicalythe samemodl in a cheaper than walnut laminate stock with Witn a lot heaftier price tag attached o e times in tne excess of upto £2000

16. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Ok off top of my head limited edition models

Mk4 platinum

Grey shadow

Huntsan forrester

Huntsmant midas

Redranger

And low and behold the regal special edition what a supprise hey. http://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/News/News00018-09-08-13.htm

Thats just off top of my head over last year dread to think how many there areout there i had a ph6 limited edition around 15 year ago they usally release 3-4 ltd editions a year thats a hell of a lot of ltd editions and one hell of a price tag to go with it proberly why the reaon a few of the admin off tne daystate forum spend just as much time as any one on tne bullpup forum with his cricket and evanix bullpups ;)

17. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

I take your point but if you've got the money then why not, also is BSA not doing exactly as you quote with the price of the new Scorpion? I'm sure if we all won the lottery then most members on here would indulge in their fantasies and have a gun built to a spec that we normally wouldn't be able to afford but shoot no better than what they already own, if a company has a market that they can make the most of then they use it, Daystate are no different to any other company in the world, they're there to make money any way they can, I can't afford it but many people clearly can.

18. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

True mate if u have the cash or if i had the cash id also have them but still think they should sort out quality controll issues first believe it or not im a big fan of daystate guns or was the older models but wouldnt dream of buying one at this moment as you cant deny they have issues of late (thelast few years) the neative feedback section is one of the most active parts of the daystate owners forum leon started the section to stop negative threads swamping the forum. As i say 3 year ago u wouldnt of caught me sayingthat d buy a s410 through no fault of the gun i just found them bland i was bit of a snob or miss the s out lol and seen them as cheap inferior guns but tell u what idrather buy 2-3 of them than a wolverine at the min check outmy past posts and u will see ive had most top end pcps at top prices but wouldnt buy any of them at present as the price dosnt warrent the quality of these so called top spec guns at one time i Owned 3 daystates at the same time so not a daystate hater just a realist whos took note ofhow quality in manufacture has dropped drastically let alone there after care customer service

I only sold my daystates after emailing them about a caliber swap and service for the other 2 which would of worked out at near £1000 cal swap to.20 was £350 and £25 a hour labour and they kept what they took off a match lw 177 barrel and probes ect and a service was £250 x2 plus £25 a hour a hell of alot of cash to be getting the guns back and good chance to have to send them back again like most do due to issues like leaks ect this snt includding shipping ect now for £1000 i could buy almost any.20 rifle brand new so made the heartbreaking desision to sell my daystates i keptmy original mk4 non is for about 6 month longer but aft chronoing at the air range realised t was onlydoing 10.2 ftlb at best and lost confidence in it for hunting as i sayim farfrom been a daystate hater but these isues should be top priorityin my eyesto the not only loyal but fanatical daystate cult atvb daveg

19. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

My take??? I think Daystate do make a cracking looking rifle, (well if you like that sort of thing). I think from what I have heard, that they have enjoyed a top end position in the market place for quite a while. It's all about reputation though innit, a good reputation takes a long time to build up, no matter what business you are in, but it can be lost in the blink of an eye!

Personally I think their products are somewhat over priced, I don't come to that conclusion via my ability to pay their prices, because if I wanted to I could, but the thing is, I like value for money, and for me, the image a product has is irrelevant, what does matter is it's ability to do it's job, 24-7, 52-12, year in and year out, and I don't feel that Daystate rifles are value for money, when stood up against their competition. Companies like Impact Air Guns, or ISP for example.

I used to have a business mentor many years ago that told me that you can't educate the market, you can only inform. I think he was wrong, I think Daystate is just one of a few "upmarket" companies that have succeeded in doing just that. They have in effect educated their customers into believing that buying into Daystate has somehow elevated them into privileged beings:D

Now as long as everybody is happy with that state (or Daystate of affairs), then fine, well probably, but it seems to me that there are a number of unhappy Daystate customers that feel they aint getting a fair crack of the whip. I would just say this, to Daystate or any other business, the customer is not always right, but he/she is always the customer. That being said, Daystate should be breaking their necks to make sure that this supposed Rolls Royce of the air gun world reputation they have built for themselves is rigorously maintained.

20. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

I've owned Daystates for a good many years, and imo they started going downhill a few years ago.

I've had some really bad issues with a couple of Daystates including a Wolf which was literally falling apart.

At the time the late Tony Tyrer was running the D.O.C. and i aired my disappointment with Daystate, their QC and their CS, this didn't go down very well with Tony and a few of the members on there.

I had a real battle with the shop i bought the gun from, Tony Belas of Daystate and a few other people, after i started taking legal proceedings the issue was finally sorted out with a replacement rifle that has been absolutely superb ever since, just like all my other Daystate rifles.

I accept that things go wrong but, when i spend that sort of money on a gun, i don't expect to have to go through all the **** i had to, just to get what i'd paid for.

I love my Daystate rifles, and they perform great most of the time but, i can't see me buying another of their guns in the near future.

They used to make the guns a lot better than they do now imo, and their customer serviced used to be great, not any more though, and if they really were that great, why did they have to sell out to the Italians?

The Air Wolf is one of my favourite rifles, i have three of them but, i have to say, the best rifles i've ever owned, and i've owned a good few, are my HW100's :up: ;)