1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal On Ftp900

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Paul55, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Paul55

Paul55 Posting Addict

I've been offered an AA FTP900 at what I consider a good price. I'm going to see it tomorrow, is there anything in particular I should be looking at?

2. BigAndy

BigAndy Engaging Member

It may be worth a look over at shooting the breeze, as they are more target orientated than here.

I believe there have been a number of changes to it over it's lifespan, so age may well play a part in what problems (if any) too look out for as well.
    Other than the usual of looking for signs of ham fisted repairs, leaks or the action not been taken out of the stock and dried properly after been got wet basically the usual too look out for when buying a second hand PCP. The only other thing with any regulated target rifle would be to take a chronograph and put a few shots over it to check for consistency, as a regulator in need of a service should not be a show stopper if the rest of the rifle is in good condition but is a good bargaining point.

Failing that, calling @cloverleaf who is a fountain of knowledge on all things technical and will probably have some good information and pointers,

plinker20 likes this.
  3. Paul55

Paul55 Posting Addict

Thanks Andy, I'll take a look at shooting the breeze.

4. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Posting Addict

They're big heavy rascals .

Some of them had dicky regs .But don't let that be a show stopper .

The reg's can be rebuilt better than new .

plinker20, garyjm and Paul55 like this.
  5. garyjm

garyjm Posting Addict

I have to agree with Phil, heavy rascals, mine has been on a diet, much more user friendly, reg's easily changed or rebuilt. Would I sell mine. No. Would I buy again. Yes.

Just look general condition Paul. No home butchery etc. Good luck.

Pete2 and Paul55 like this.
  6. Paul55

Paul55 Posting Addict

Ok, I looked at the FTP900 yesterday & was pleasantly suprised at the fit of it. I have hands the size of shovels which prevents me getting comfortable with the grips on target pistols, Gamo Compact, Rohm Twinmaster et al. So when I saw that the palm shelf had been raised around 1" I was fully expecting it not to fit. The fact it did & was quite comfortable was a plus point. I didn't find it too weighty either but it didn't have a scope fitted so that could change. There were, however, a few finish issues with it, one part of the shroud was scuffed, the underside of the forend was marked from what was almost certainly a previously fitted bipod & lastly the metalwork of the butt hook was covered in smalll spots of corrosion. I am a ridiculously fussy/picky person & I couldn't accept these faults, small though they were so I'm still looking. It was offered at £1300, quite a good price?

7. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

I’d say that’s atad expensive tbh

Paul55, Reefmonkey and Pete2 like this.
  8. Reefmonkey

Reefmonkey Busy Member

I sold a brand new one of these 2year ago for £1000 no scope.

Paul55 likes this.
  9. BigAndy

BigAndy Engaging Member

£1300 seems to be applying the 2/3rd's of new price principle.
    As ever though, if your not happy with it walk away a better one will come up if you wait.

Paul55 likes this.
  10. markyboy

markyboy Donator

Way over priced, seen loads sell from £750 upwards.

Mark.

Paul55 and plinker20 like this.
  11. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl It's all about the enthusiasm!

The current second hand value seems to be around the £750-850 mark for a good example. At that price I would say they are an absolute bargain.

I did even better a couple of weeks ago - £750 for a minter with an as new 8-32x56 Hawke Sidewinder. I had to drive to the other side of Newcastle to get it but well worth the trip.

Paul55 and plinker20 like this.
  12. Simon79

Simon79 Active Member

I got one for £680 the other week with a aim ft100 bag and a extra butt hook extension. Sold it on yesterday at £730.00.

Paul55 likes this.
  13. plinker20

plinker20 Engaging Member

That's a serious amount for it. I'd say £800-900.

Paul55 likes this.
  14. Paul55

Paul55 Posting Addict

Really? Phew, I'm glad I didn't go for it then. Thanks for all the heads up guys, I've got a better idea of what to look for now :thumb:

15. plinker20

plinker20 Engaging Member

That's said you won't go far wrong with an FTP. Mines a laser. Pellet on pellet. It's been lightened, tuned and modified a bit but it's so adjustable it's a pleasure to shoot.

16. garyjm

garyjm Posting Addict

Paul, I paid 900 quid for my mint left hander earlier last year. It was 4 year old when I bought it.

Forget the shroud, you will remove that anyway, along with a few other bits. ;)
    Wait for a honest, decent priced one, you will not be disappointed. Remember the latest FT model is due out. FT900's will be on sale, just like last years model of Nike's.