1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good/bad deals/experiences

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Buzz, May 22, 2008.

1. Buzz

Buzz Banned

So as to clarify my statement in another post earlier without taking that thread off topic, I've opened this new thread to explain.

On the 21st of December last year I bought a new Air Arms S410 Classic, along with silencer, scope, extra magazine, pellets, rifle slip and air bottle.....a total of just over £1000.
    I have to say the quality of the rifle is second to none, but unfortunately I can't say the same for the quality of customer service.
    I thought the rifle was loosing power and when I chrono'd it at 10.6 ft/lbs I wasn't very happy. I was even more unhappy when I found that the gun was riddled with anti-tamper screws AND even a shear bolt over the adjuster.
    I e-mailed Air Arms telling them of my problem and of my feelings about their methods regarding anti-tamper, especially as I was a mature, shotgun certificate holder that wasn't interested in owning an illegal rifle, merely one which was very close to maximum allowable energy.
    They replied saying I should return the rifle via my point of purchase and they would examine it and IF NECESSARY increase it's power, but it would be returned with the same anti-tamper measures as it has a present, quoting the phrase "Anti-Tamper Legislation" as the reason. I tried to find the "legislation" and couldn't, I did find anti-tamper "recommendations", but not legislation and funnily enough, neither could my Fire Arms Office. When I questioned Air Arms about this "legislation", all communications stopped...just no replies at all. I took the rifle to the point of purchase, they tested it and said it was indeed very much down on power and they would return it to Air Arms for rectification. That was 3 weeks ago this coming Saturday and despite several e-mails from me to Air Arms asking for an update as to the current status of the rectification, I've heard nothing.
    Now I judge a company not by how few mistakes actually happen, but by how they deal with the mistakes that DO happen and on this scale Air Arms seem not to give a toss about the customer once they have their money, their after sales service stinks. I'm out of pocket at this moment to the tune of over £1000, have a load of equipment that's totally useless without the rifle they have and don't seem the slightest bit inclined to inform me when I'll get back, that's why I will never do business with them again !!

2. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I've just had an e-mail back from Air Arms....eventually...to say that there is nothing wrong with the gun. It's all my fault..the numpty that I am....as the gun has been over-filled and that is the reason it's down on power.
    All this is load of "ball bags" to use MOO's words, I have never over-filled it, but more to the point it shouldn't be able to be over filled if it's likely to cause this sort of problem anyway. On top of that, Air Arms have charged Euroguns £45 and they expect me to pay them. This is a gun that's less than 5 months old and the warranty doesn't mean a damned thing, as Air Arms can just say it's down to the user and you can't prove otherwise.

3. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

The Air gun Centre in Essex has always been very helpful :up:

4. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I'd like to recomend uttings i don't judge by mistakes but how there fixed and i've had a couple of things go wrong with uttings but on both occasions they went out of there way to fix it for me :up:

5. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

JSR also have a good service.

i bought a pair of their flip up covers off them and they broke.
    sent them bach and i had a brand new pair free.
    (had to pay the P&P but you can't complain)

6. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

Sorry to hear that Buzz!
    Bum deal.

FX have a good after market service. Have heard here a couple of guys had a "loner" while theirs were being repaired!

BSA Have been pretty good as well, and as FX now have the distribution rights in sweden, it can only get better.:up:

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

you sure like FX dont ya:D

8. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I saw an FX in Reading today, what a nice piece of kit! It was the Typhoon, very sexy it was :D

Back on topic if you're in the Reading area, Thomas Turner Gunmaker are good people to work with.

There's a place called Dowlings not too far away, although it's in the other direction and in another county, avoid that place ... over priced and you get what you see - a display model that everyone else has had their fingers all over!

9. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Dowlings Fieldsports, very bad experience with them, in wycombe there's Marsh tackle who is my local shop, not overpriced at all. If you need a gunsmith in Wycombe area then I know a bloke called George who fixed the BSA for me, turns out he's well respected in this area. If anyone wants his number pm me.

10. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I got my bipod from Marsh the other day, think it was Wednesday, never had a problem with them ... they're my local too :up: also got the S200 there, it was the cheapest price around, I saved about £40 so in effect the silencer was free :D

11. airconace

airconace Member

Poor quality 88g CO2 cartridges on Ebay

Bought 2 88g CO2 cartridges off Ebay, seemed OK at £6.50 each postage included, went to fit one in my Umarex Magnum 850 and found the neck/thread was too short.
    The cartridge would not stop discharging, the neck was long enough for the pin to break the seal on the cartridge but would not seal on to the gun.
    The seal on the gun has been damaged and has had to go for repair.
    Not the bargain they seemed - take care.
    The cartridges are black with yellow writing on them & "Made in Hungary by LISS".

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  12. simply james

simply james Banned

airgun centre bags and kirkwoods bar uttings all give great service over the years.

13. Borja1979

Borja1979 Engaging Member

REVIEW OF A SHOP!!!!

i receive call today from c&H weston as they have one of my guns to service and upgrade... the guy said will be 50 pounds... fair enough they told will be ready by monday.. i though is today is saturday thats quick just 3 days thats perfect!!! well............ that was 5 weeks ago and they call me today after calling them for 5 weeks asking what is going on with my gun! is being misplaced sir we are sorry is with one of our gunsmith..but we dont exactly know with who!!!! (well that is professional!!!) and today they call to tell me the gub is ready and will be 130 pounds!!!!! F@@k me!!!! thats a few pounds more than you told me....yeah welll we had some problems so is 130 pounds!!!!!! ?WHAT after u misplace my gun for 5 weeks!!!!
    GUYS DONT GO THERE PLEASE!!!!
    WHAT U WILL DO will you pay the bill, will youtake them to a small claim court!!!!

14. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

Allways ask for a written quote and with price and delivery date. If you did'nt get it in writing, there's not alot you can do except pay:(

15. andy cowley

andy cowley Member

Good/Bad service

Not so much good or bad service, but there's a gun shop in Rugeley, Staffordshire, where he charges like a wounded bull!

I got burgled, and had my old webley vulcan stolen, he ended up charging me about £280 for a webley exocet, which I didn't like, as the barrell pump action was so strong, being new, that when you come to shoot, your aim is all over the place from the effort.

Anyway, I went back to see if he could exchange it for a pre-charged model, and all he could offer was p**s-poor chinese rifles with CO2 bulbs in them. Even as a rookie plinker, I could see they were crap. He offered me less than £100 as part exchange.

I took it to Bloxwich, Sporting supplies, and they sold me the Daystate PH6, plus £300, and I couldn't have been happier. It's just a bit crap having to travel miles to get a good deal. They also said that they call the bloke in Rugeley "Flogger!".

There's also a Gunsmith on Walsall Road, Cannock, who did men a great deal on a Walther CP88 in Nickel. Highly recommended!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  16. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

I wont mention the dealers name BUT when I bought my 1884AE Winchester I offered a 1872 blackpowder 25/20 Original Winchester in exchange for it.
    He told me it was scrap and would dispose of it for me at no cost,ok fair enough. 2 weeks later I get a call from a bloke asking me if I had any 25/20 cases spare cos he had just bought my old gun from my dealer for 500squid!!!!:eek:

I was well and truelly shafted:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. i8allthepies

i8allthepies Posting Addict

The Airgun Centre

Got to go along with Steve 410, bought my first PCP today from the Airgun Centre in Rayleigh, nothing was too much trouble - even though the shop was packed ( 2 guys from Doncaster, 370 mile round trip ). Good on you Pete, Steve - well pleased:up:

18. norris

norris Engaging Member

Air Arms replaced a barrel on my S200 free of charge within a matter of days.

Webley have sent me bits and bods without charge and at times without charging for postage with three to five days.

BSA repaired a Magnum 240 pistol within the week,pin came out of the trigger whilst it was cocked had to send it loaded could not de- cock it.

SMK always given me fast service but had to pay for the postage and bits.

AGS picked up parts from them but had no luck ordering bits from them.

The Fenman simply does not and can not see it ever needing any parts/ bits so unlikely to experience Theoben service.

And as to the no 1 aigun part dealer had problems with postal service.The personal service is 100%. The younger Mr.K. is the better to deal with.

I can only speak as I can find.