1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good All-round Gun Bag?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mx5er, May 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

Evening gents, Thought i would say 'hi' again as it's been a couple of years since i last posted... and touched my rifles. I hope everyone is coping ok with the current apocalypse?

Seeing as through my car has now been polished down to the primer and I have literally no more lawn left to cut, i thought i would look forward to the time i can take my 'still new' rifles out, and I could really do with a decent gun bag. Can anyone help?

Primary concern is gun protection. I'd like one that could be used for FT and HFT.... not that i do any, but, hey... you never know.

So, i am looking for something deep, heavily padded, preferably with internal straps to stop rifle sliding about and can be used for all occasions.

I've seen offerings from solware, buffalo, bsa etc. I can't really afford to make a mistake purchase, so, can anyone help? oh and under £100

Thanks guys and stay safe.

ps. what is a drag bag?? a bag you drag??

2. Drake267

Drake267 Pro Poster

If your looking at hft bags then you cannot beat the AIM drag bags. Not cheap, mine is the AIM 45 and was £165. You can get the ridgeline sniper bags for around £100 I believe. Some lads at then hft use those too. Cheaper still are the bsa tactical backpacks. Can get them for around £40 and come in two sizes, 38 inch and 43 inch. See a lot of those too. I’ve had a couple for a few years now and they’re not bad at all. The AIM bag will last a lifetime I reckon. I’d happily buy another for my other guns. Mines got my hft 500 rig in it. Lovely bags and well worth the outlay.

3. Drake267

Drake267 Pro Poster

Oh and if you’re wanting to try hft you should come along to our next shoot. Northern Monkeys, we shoot out of Bob Dunkleys place. You’d enjoy it.

4. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

Hi Drake, thanks for that mate! The Aim looks spot on but it's just too much for me at the moment. I'll check out the ridgeline and BSA ones (is that the rectangle bag/mat BSA or the gun shape?).

Providing it isn't an elitist thing lol yeah, i might just pop along to bob's later in the year! I can't shoot for wotsit and i don't have typical target rifles though... I just fancy it for the enjoyment :)

so, a bag instead of a case yeah? Also, do people use those small round cushions?

5. Bezzer

Bezzer Posting Addict

It's the Tactical Backpack - the shaped one, don't get the bag/mat they're a waste of time if you use them on anything other than a bone dry surface. Cushions used for kneeling shots only in HFT, no sitting shots, there is in FT though

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  6. Drake267

Drake267 Pro Poster

The standard gun shape one, I wouldn’t get the one that doubles as a mat, it gets muddy, then your gun gets muddy. Not a great idea at all. For hft you can get a good mat from sureshot. Around £50/£60. I have one and they’re very good. The bsa bag will probably be all you need if your gun fits in it. The ridgeline one seems well liked so would be a good option for you. The cushions you’re on about we use for kneeling shots. I normally shoot with Lone wolf and I take a mat, he takes his cushion. Though I generally wear trousers with knee pads so don’t bother too much with the cushion.

As for being elitist, not a chance. You will not meet a nicer bunch of lads and all happy to help you. I started around 18months or so ago. I had been in touch with Pete, @Jack's Da on here and he just said to go along. I shot with him I think the first three times, then a few other lads, made a good mate in @lone wolf and now my best mate of years has started too. You will see a range of guns from top end steyrs, to air arms s series, hw 100. Springers, bullpups, you name it an people use them. It’s competitive, but mainly it’s a good morning out with like minded people. You just need a thick skin for the banter. Though most of that is aimed at one lad, you will see when you turn up.

Jack's Da likes this.
  7. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

Thanks bezzer! Well, The BSA certainly looks up to the job and is more my budget at the moment..... Think I'll invest in one of those.

hahaha don't worry my skin is very thick ;)

Thanks for the help fellas :up:

Drake267 likes this.
  8. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

I’ll second the aim bags. They are expensive but are built to last. Mines 4 years old now and is still as good as new. Plenty of room for everything needed for a day out.
    Additionally if your looking to dip your toe into HFT you won’t get a better start than a visit to Northern Monkeys.Great bunch of lads and ambassadors for the sport.

Jack's Da and Drake267 like this.
  9. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Very Active

The bsa mat/bag is a comprise between the 2 functions and does not do either particularly well.
    I've got one and it's crap as a mat - the foam is too soft and it's a bit small to uses as a mat really.
    But there's too much padding inside it to use as a bag - mine will close when it had my hw100s in or the ultra but won't close properly with the tm1000 in it.
    Eventually I will replace it with a different one but for now it will do.

10. mx5er

mx5er Posting Addict

Yeah i must admit the AIM does look the biz, but just can't afford it at the moment. I've ordered the normal shape BSA, it'll do me for now :up:

I need to save a few squids for a silencer/moderator now :facepalm: