1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Gladius Grump

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Tackleberry0921, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Tackleberry0921

Tackleberry0921 Active Member

Having waited for what seemed years (actually 4 days 5 hours and 15 minutes) I finally heard the door bell go which told me my new gun had arrived as well as some more crossbow goodies that I had thrown into the mix.
    So... very excited but 900 quid lighter and I was shouldering a mean looking .22 Gladius complete with a nice new 4-16 x 50 scope and a black Butler Creek neoprene sling.... all looked great very tactical and very heavy, but nicely balanced !
    So playtime... I put up two targets walked back 15 yards shouldered the gun, took aim, squeezed the medium weight trigger for the first time and......... BANG ! What the F..iring was that? I had read the Gladius was quiet thanks to the moderated / sleeved barrel but that was a definite bang compared to my other PCPs ! It seems very loud, and the first 4 shots were all over the place... so I thought to myself come on Troy its just you.... relax.... put some rounds down the range and settle down, so with joss sticks burning and Enya playing I had now got a pulse so slow and chilled nothing could go wrong! or so I thought... I still couldn't get it to group though even at 15 yards..... despite my best efforts it was grouping like a sawn off blunderbuss, I still didn't panic though, I thought i'd just let it settle in as I had now convinced myself it must just be in need of bedding in and then I'd test some other pellets to see if that would help!
    I'm guessing God must hate me though as within the first 40 odd shots the gun stopped working ! It cocked and fired but the magazine wouldn't index so it kept trying to fire an empty cylinder! Rude words flowed through my mind and I think a "you Mummy kisser" may have passed my lips but it didn't make me feel any happier !!!
    SO my point? I don't realy have one ....but I am feeling a level of disgust and immense frustration at this moment in time ! Hatsan Gladius... looks great and if looks could kill this would be a pukka gun but i think a Pukka pie would last longer and is almost certainly more deadly than my new glorified paperweight !
    Based on my personal experience .... steer clear ! or go for the AT 44 !

2. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Sorry but these are now overpriced guns, well over priced, £900 for a gun, sling and scope eh?

Might I tempt you with one of these?
    https://www.solware.co.uk/zbroia-kozak-walnut-pcp-air-rifle-pellet-gun
    Much higher quality, 300 bar working pressure, regulated, shrouded barrel that is very quiet, 2 magazines, 2 fill probes, anti double load, 2 stage trigger, Sureshot are awaiting a delivery but Solware seem to have some. £585 inc vat.

Now for a scope, how about a nice side focus, 30mm tube, first focal plane half mil dot reticle scope?
    http://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/discovery-vt-t/
    50 mm objective is £260 inc mounts...

Total £845, studs and sling to be sorted.....

littleJon365 likes this.
  3. Tackleberry0921

It was 900 with the other crossbow bits too ! :) but I am about to have a look at the gun and scope you are recommending ! can't i get this Gladius sorted.... then have both ? lol

4. Tackleberry0921

Secretagentmole .......I like the gun and scope ! but the blue bits on the scope would have to go, lol, I will see what Pellpax say then give it some serious consideration !

5. Regal Man

Regal Man Keyboard Hero

Im sorry for your frustration.
    Why didnt you buy from a RFD, that you could try, before you buy ?
    To be honest, though try different, brands of pellets. That may help. Other than that, its post it. Not fit for purpose.

Tackleberry0921 likes this.
  6. secretagentmole

Different pellets won't help the magazine not indexing, the gun is not fit for purpose.

7. secretagentmole

I do not know if the blue bits are stickers or paint, but there are ways of dealing with both, duct tape???

8. Tackleberry0921

The hope for different pellets was to tighten or actually create a group before it all went pete tong lol

9. Tackleberry0921

you win some you lose some :) My local RFD didnt stock them and it was an impulse buy.... Bad Troy !

10. secretagentmole

But surely he read about the indexing failure? That is a bit more than pellets... Unless you use it as a single shot....

11. Baldalot

Baldalot Posting Addict

My knowledge of Hatsan gear is limited to what I've read from other contributors, Troy, but yours sounds like it might be a Friday night one - knocked together in haste to fill the weekly quota. If it won't group worth a damn, it could be the pellets, barrel needs cleaning etc., but the failure to index probably won't rectify itself.

If you got the gun from Pellpax, you might be as well to request a full refund (I believe they are reasonable to deal with) and maybe invest in a Kozak, saving some money into the bargain.

Keep us up to date with what happens, please?

Derek

12. Tackleberry0921

Hi Derek,
    I already own an AT 44 Tactical which is my fav rough shooting gun, its heavy but does the job very well, I hadn't bought any guns for a while so I thought I'd have a look around and spotted the Gladius which appealed to my love of military style weapons, that left me feeling all :nana:. I have to confess I'm a bit of a tart when it comes to guns and I either want a hard working gun I feel I can abuse if i needed to or something gorgeous with stunning walnut. Problem is when I buy a stunning gun I don't want to take it out in the rain etc I just want to polish and admire it !.... I get stunning doesn't mean it cant take it but it seems like sacrilege to me ! So another meaty workhorse was what I wanted and the Gladius seemed perfect despite being a bit rough around the edges compared to the more "up market " guns, I also wrongly assumed it would be a little more refined than the AT 44 as you think manufacturers improve with time (wrong!), I am also prone to a bit of camo on guns.... I don't get why people spend tons on the best camo clothing for hunting then carry around a solid jet black gun or something that sparkles in the sun, so out comes the krylon :) , you cant do that to a pretty gun.
    Pellpax are good, and I don't expect any issues, besides I only fired 40 odd shots so there's not much that could have gone wrong so fast if it wasn't already "on the edge". I'm just gutted as I wanted to take it out today for a familiarisation, zero / practice, then a few hours after the rabbits which have exploded in numbers over the last 2 months !
    So its deep breaths...... patience ..... maybe buy another gun to fill the void whilst its sorted?
    Below is the proof I cant be trusted, you cant do this to a pretty gun ! lol
    20180708_095117.jpg

Sanguinius, Baldalot and Staffs86 like this.
  13. Peddy

Peddy Well-Known Member

Gun club mate has a gladius and is very accurate and reliable. Looks like you've got a rogue one. As much as I've tried to like hatsan, I've given up on their pcp's they are just too pellet fussy which to me indicates crap barrels. Hope you get it sorted

14. Tackleberry0921

I knew they could be fussy but this isn't even close to grouping my AT44 Tactical is different again ...it groups well and it isn't very fussy which is why I went with the Gladius .... you live and learn lol

15. Baldalot

Baldalot Posting Addict

Gun? What gun? I see no gun. :D

16. Sanguinius

Sanguinius Blood Angel Primarch

Really bad to hear you're struggling with your Gladius mate! That was my second choice of gun but thankfully i managed to find my first choice, a Hatsan Hercules. I can't fault mine. The quality's amazing and it's very accurate. It seems like it's hit and miss with plenty of guns these days. Hope you get sorted Tackleberry0921.
    DSC_0598.JPG

17. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

Looks smart but I bet that weighs a bit?

18. Tackleberry0921

Wheres the Krylon lol .... looks really mean ! I like it!!!

Sanguinius likes this.
  19. rascaltrousers

rascaltrousers Busy Member

I looked at the 4-12 model of this scope at the Northern shooting show. I was very impressed with the quality given the price.

20. Tackleberry0921

So Update time .... Pellpax will collect at the weekend and take it away Boooooo, I was hoping they would do a straight exchange but hey ho :wait: luckily someone has many more guns to ease the pain of waiting!:) And thanks for the words of support !

Sanguinius likes this.