1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Glad i brought a crombo

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by wizard1963uk, Sep 11, 2014.

1. wizard1963uk

wizard1963uk Donator

i decided to by a crombo ..it arrived yesterday so today i set about testing my s200 22 which was brought from new a while ago :up:
    first pellet i put through it was jsb exact jumbo 15.89gr....the avarage result was 11.6 ftps so pleased with that :) the second pellet
    was aa diablo field 15.89gr and on average it was putting out 13.4 and i have used these out in the field :eek:
    so my advice to any novice is make sure you get a chrono and keep check on your guns
    atb
    terry

2. busanga

busanga Posting Addict

Oops! Good advice, 5 years in the nick for a genuine mistake.

3. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

A Bisley mag would hit stronger at 21.4 grain, lucky you tested it.

4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

One of the most important things us sub12 lads should have:)

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

I 2nd that.

6. Skinwiz

Skinwiz Busy Member

I would also invest in a pair of digital scales that does grams and grains buddy , I've done a few Combro sessions and not every pellet is exactly what's on the tin , I now weigh each pellet and only select the ones I know are the correct weight for the chronograph setting .
    When using digi scales it's always a good idea to let them acclimatise for ten fifteen mins otherwise you will get inconsistent readings :up:

7. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

I would say a good many of us have been in a similar position, both of my rifles crept above the limit within too weeks of ownership, so both went back to the rfd.
    I now check mine every week or so as like to run around 11.7 to 11.8 with AA fields.
    ATB.

8. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Busy Member

Everyone should have one. I was concerned that I'd put my second hand AA400 over the limit after I'd polished the hammer rail and replaced the seals..........really shouldn't have worried........8ftlb. !!!!!!

However without one I would never had known, nor could I have tracked down the issue and got it back shooting right.

9. keithy

keithy Very Active

Hi you may find 11.7 with AA fields too high as heavier pellets will likely go over my r10 went to 12.5 with 19 grain, now sorted:rolleyes:

10. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

yeah i also agree with the above, always set the power "if you do tune the rifles power" using heavy pellets just to be safe! remember if the police do stop you and do decide to check your gun they will use 3 different pellet weights in the rifle so tuning it to a light pellet could land you in the slammer and a few grands fine :(

11. Stevie Darling

You will probably find most rifles will go over when biz mags or the like are put through it!!

12. robt123

robt123 Active Member

And of course in the case of a newer AA rifle, if it does go over the limit you cannot adjust it can you because of the issue that cannot be named. My brand new AA410 was over power straight from the factory. Combros at the ready.

13. ambriel

ambriel Engaging Member

I bought a Combro last week and found my Gamo Socom was giving me an average of 10.81fpe with .22 Superdomes. I might try it with some other pellets for comparison purposes but as I only usually shoot it with Superdomes I'll have to buy some small batches in.

Haven't worked out how I can fit it to the Innova yet!

14. Scope.22

Scope.22 Engaging Member

I'm thinking of getting a chrono, really I should do, to check I'm legal and so that I know the power of my rifle. The Chrony F1 comes up a lot, is this the one to go for or is there something else to consider?

15. Big Uli

Big Uli Donator

Amen to that
    Bisley mags are a pellet to be careful with

16. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Not in my Eliminator...!

17. shoots

shoots Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm new to all this malarkey, need to know where I stand,, Iv bought a Rotex R8, following advice on here I bought a Combro and ran a few Exacts over it, 11.6 flb on average so I was happy with that, I don't want to change pellet for any reason so feel comfortable that I am within the law 'but am I'. Worrying thought that if a firearms officer picks up a different pellet and its over 12 flb then its off to jail for me.. Bad day that would be, has anyone got a definitive answer on this one??

18. Stevie Darling

No one will all of a sudden single you out and check your rifle!

if it's a new rifle, keep an eye on the power as you don't it going any higher, especially after a few tins have been put through it and everything beds in.

My rifle is at 11.3 with jsb express 14.4g, I have no intentions of lowering the power just to suit biz mags!