1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Getting shooting rights - an answer

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by smarts4god, Oct 30, 2006.

1. smarts4god

smarts4god Newbie

The main difficulty with our choice of shooting disipline is finding somewhere to shoot. Buying a legal limit air rifle is a simple affair and after a little practice, accuracy is achieveable. But where can you go?

Game shooters (pheasant etc) club together and buy shooting rights from farmers and land owners. I understand the typical price is £1 - 3 per acre per year. Why not get a few like minded friends together and approach farmers, small holders etc, the money as well as the service of pest control will undoubtably unlock land to use.

I'm in East anglia (suffolk/essex) and would like other airgun hunters to join me in setting up a club to buy rights on a farm as well as my own two small plots of land.

Please leave a reply or email me directly at smarts4god@yahoo.co.uk

smarts

2. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

I am lucky as its easier to get rights to fly birds on land than shoot with guns. But it comes later when the land owner trusts you.

I have given a run down before for the best approach. My advice would be singulary get the land , approaching with a group poses a threat to the farmer they are very sispicious characters they have to be.
    But give it a try but my advice above may be quicker, like i said its down to trust, get your foot in the door first.:)

3. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

I've seen more wildlife in the last week than i have in my life probably, and that was scouting for places to shoot.

We went to a few places, both places we asked we got rights at.

I dont think its that hard to do, you just need to go to see someone face to face, get the nod and hopefully get them to sign your contract

4. RugbyPete

RugbyPete Active Member

I take it back.

I went around many of my local farms of yesteryear (aka where i used to live).
    They just about recognised me but access was either very limited or they gave me some of the oddest looks I've had in a while.

The nice ones just politely told me to get lost basically.

Ah well, lucky we have 1000 acres of barron land and a golf course full of hares we cant shoot - its more than most!