1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Getting back into air rifles.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Foyler, May 8, 2007.

1. Foyler

Foyler Newbie

I used to hunt fairly regularly with my fathers Webley Tempest but after moving to Shetland I never got round to buying a rifle for myself.
    I now have access to a lot of 'rabbit rich' land and have asked to do some pest control for the local farmer. As such I'll need to buy a rifle, which is where you guys come in! :)

I have around £200 to spend on a hunting setup (don't want to spend too much until I get back into it properly - also my wife won't take the clamp off my wallet!!)

I have been looking at the Remington Genesis and Gamo Vipermax with 3-9x40 scopes as these are sitting around the correct price and look to be reasonable rifles.

Obviously up here in the far North wind is a big factor so .22 would be advisable. What rifle would you guys choose and would you pick an alternative type of scope? Also gun retailers are very limited up here so was going to buy online. Any suggestions of retailer?

Thank you very much for your time and advice in advance!

2. Mick Dundee

Mick Dundee Engaging Member

Buying gun for £200

Hi, why not try Pellpax ?

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Whatever you go for the scope must be able to take the recoil, many cheep scopes won't hold zero for long on a springer.
    If the scope has the lifetime guarantee then you can always send it back for a fix or replacement.
    I have had a few scopes shake to bits and they were supposed to be springer rated, that said i had them on gasram guns and they tend to be a little more harsh on scopes.
    Blackpool air rifles will give you good honest advise, ask if the scope has limited lifetime warranty.

4. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

pellpax are good, they do go out of their way to help, JSR are good as well, uttings not bad but delivery is extra and can be expensive on small stuff.

Best bet would be to look for a secondhand TX200 or BSA XL etc on the forums..