1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

GAT gun very much wanted as having nostalgic momentI A

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Reevo17, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Reevo17

Reevo17 Big Poster

Hi all, if none has an old hat gun they no longer want I'm having a nostalgic moment and only found out recently they no longer make them! Pm me if you want some cash! Matt

2. moldeeside

moldeeside Member

dear god! I can`t help sorry but I had one for years and loved it. it was a fact that popping the barrel out into someones shin, a*se cheek or indeed any body part hurt more than actually firing at them but they were great fun.

hope you find one mate and have as much fun as first time round

Paul

3. Thomas241

Thomas241 Donator

ahhh, i remember the day my father told me he was going to buy me a gun, my mother nearly had a heart attack, i was on holiday at pontins at the time lol, little did i know it was a gat gun he was referring to, still,....i loved it to bits,....them where the days lol

4. Reevo17

Reevo17 Big Poster

Ha ha I remember that! At a fair last weekend they had arrange where you had to hit a ring resting on a bottle so it fell over the bottle neck, first shot I won £10, but the second and third were all over the place! Something about innaccuracy that is almost as much fun as groupings in a 50p with an air rifle... Complete opposites but still fun

5. Bertbsa

Bertbsa Active Member

The gat gun!! great little bit of kit when i was a young en! Had to hide mine from the parents at the back of our shed!!! those wa the days ha

6. husky

husky Donator

Protek have a load of old new stock. the later ones with the safety catch darts corks and pellets. like you I have a soft spot for gat's and other pop out barrel guns I got my first from a boy at school for 50p his dad was geting him a new gun for his birthday. Happy days.

7. den77

den77 Donator

8. bradleymarky

bradleymarky Keyboard Hero

You lot must be very old because i cant remember them at all ! :p

9. 3CM

3CM Engaging Member

I am 30yrs old and remember them from local fair grounds etc

How do they work?

10. Reevo17

Reevo17 Big Poster

Jesus, protek are having laugh.... £60?! When I bought mine it was £10! Granted that was 15 years ago so you may expect £20 ish but theyre crap! Nostalgia doesn't = stupidity lol :)

11. Reevo17

Reevo17 Big Poster

Oh 3cm, they work by pushing the barrel in (pop out mechanism). They could fire darts, pellets, *** and even the old ones a fly swat! But the pellets literally bounce off paper targets lol...

12. Wintermute

Wintermute Well-Known Member

Oh a G10 repeater is on there too. I upgraded from a Gat (my first air pistol) to a G10. Oh fond memories of both. bought for me by my dad from Uttings back when it was an actual shop you could look around in.

13. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

14. Reevo17

Reevo17 Big Poster

Nice little collection! One thing I found since coming back into air guns is the new laws... Before you could buy guns at cheap prices and pay little p&p.. I'm in Kent and all these places are too far away and my snobbish gun shop (used to be normal and fun) want £30 to bring in any guns... Ridiculous! The g10 was my upgrade too..l I then got into air soft with mates in our teens and our gardens were peppered with *** from our budget shoot outs! Awesome fun. The g10 are now obsolete too.... After one of those too! Lol

15. Bullet Rider

Bullet Rider Engaging Member

16. pissant

pissant Engaging Member

Thought yours was used for shooting ya sister with corks mate ;)

17. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

theres one on gunst*r £45

18. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

If there is one near us, send mole a PM, we will pick it up and post it to you ok? Oh and you have to send us the money too!

19. smallman28

smallman28 Banned

My mate bought one when we were both on the dole :D
    We used to go down to the racecourse and see how far we could shoot over the river Seven,if we could see the pellet land that is.

20. husky

husky Donator

£45 for a rough gat or £65 for mint in box with all the bits I'm afraid the days of cheep gats are gone and it's people like us who are keeping the price high. I know I'v paid a bit over the odds just to get that special gun ;) . If you are a colector you will understand if not you never will.