1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Garden Shooting

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by newy, May 6, 2009.

1. newy

newy Active Member

It is my understanding reading the rules that I'm ok to shoot in my own garden.

can anyone clarify this..Is this so ?

Like its quite a small garden enclosed with neighbours everywhere..

I'm i legally allowed to shoot in my garden as long as the pellets does not go off my perimeter ?

Ive ordered a metal target collector thing.. and were fenced in. I will also be placing an old shed door as extra protection between the fence and target. So is it legal ? or would the police turn up and confiscate my gun ?

2. halight

halight Busy Member

Yes mate you are OK to shoot on your own land, As long as the pellet stays with in your own land.
    Just make sure that you have a good back stop, to make sure that no pellets can go through the fence

3. Scub

Scub Engaging Member

That plus you have to be 50 feet away from any public road/ footpath etc I think

HTH

Michael

4. The Bailiff

The Bailiff Busy Member

You don't say weather you own you property or not as if it belongs to a housing assc i would check if i were you as one stray pellet or noise from pellets constantly hitting the target might start ruffling feathers with your neighbours and one complaint could have you a visit from your local Police or Council representative.

5. locko75

locko75 Active Member

I think this only applies if you would be causing danger or nuisence to the public:confused:

6. newy

newy Active Member

Well i moved back in with my mom last year for various reasons..
    so its hers.. she owns it allbeit with a mortgage.

And thats kinda what im concerned about.. neighbours complaining and the police turning up.. Just wondered if they can confiscate my gun for being illegally operated. Or some other crap.

i read its 50ft 15 meters from the centre of a public highway..im probbaly just on the limit there.

Do we have any freedoms too shoot on public land ? Or is it time to get permission from a land owner..

7. The Bailiff

The Bailiff Busy Member

Permission from landowner or gun club mate! failing that buy yourself a house and about 30 acres in the middle of nowhere!:p

8. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

An if ya (you) got any cash left I'll have one two :D

9. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward Donator

i forgot to pay my rent last week so new council man came out to have a moan but instead we got chatting as i was cleaning my rifle he ask a few questions wot i like doing with it so i told him he gave me a few names and numbers to ask for more permission top bloke also just said he don't have a problem with it as long as I'm not daft in garden and the old council man was same he shot with me for i while to pass his shift on

10. simply james

simply james Banned

agree with ferreter on this one,some housing associations take a dim view on this

11. i8allthepies

i8allthepies Posting Addict

From the BASC website -

It is an offence to fire an air rifle pellet beyond the land where you have permission to shoot, unless the occupier of the neighbouring land has also given you permission. Where someone under 14 is shooting, both the young person and the supervising adult can be prosecuted.

It is also against the law, in England and Wales, to fire an air rifle within 50 feet of the centre of a highway if this results in someone being injured, interrupted or endangered. These offences could be committed, for example, when someone is shooting in their garden close to a road and the pellets ricochet onto the highway.

It is an offence in Scotland to discharge any gun in a culpable or reckless manner. This means shooting without caring about the safety of others.

12. The Bailiff

The Bailiff Busy Member

That just about covers it Davy, nice one!. :D

13. baldytommo

baldytommo Busy Member

There is a great feature in the latest BASC mag about plinking in your garden. A great idea was using an old telephone directory as a backstop. Very safe and silent. Its worth a read,some of it is granny sucking eggs but on a whole very sensible and safety first. One thing it did mention was putting a 'shooting in progress' sign on all entry points which I do not agree with as this could atract heroin addicts!!!!:up::up:

14. The Bailiff

The Bailiff Busy Member

Do you read it before or after you shot it?:rolleyes:

15. baldytommo

baldytommo Busy Member

After every time mate. Then I look through it to see how many Barbour jackets and plus fours I have ruined!!!!:up::D

16. Guvnor RBM

Guvnor RBM Keyboard Hero

I use a thin card board box, like a cornflake box as a back stop filled with dense dirt, this makes a nice quite back drop too

17. newy

newy Active Member

Yes that telephone thing is a good idea. (someway of making it all a bit quiter)

I havent got the rifle yet, so need to test how quiet it is.. ITs got a silencer, so i guess we will see.

If the police come i'll use some of my new found knowledge on how to deal with them.. answer a question with a question and ask what jurisdiction we are in.. and wont be answering any of their questions until they answer mine.. lol

see how long that lasts until im arrested "under protest and duress" :D

its all for fun!