1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Gamo raptor gold pellets

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by airgunguy, Aug 17, 2014.

1. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

So.... We have all seen that one thing in the air gun world that has such mixed reviews that we just have to try it for ourselves to find out. I have just brought a B2 because of the mixed reviews... But there is something else i want to try.

gamo raptor gold pellets. I have heard massively mixed reviews about the pellet, and im just curious about how they actually are.

so what do you guys think of them?

And would it be worth me giving them a try?

2. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

crap don't bother, save your money

3. trumpetier

trumpetier Major Poster

just the name says....shxxe to me, best avoided.....just a gimick.;)

4. airgunguy

airgunguy Junior Member

Anyone got any they dont want? And willing to send me a small sample of??

and is it true that alit of them are miss shapen?

5. mattyts

mattyts Donator

They are crap,simples.

6. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

How any one can categorically write something off defeats me. Whether they work in your rifle or not depends on the head size match to your barrel for one thing - I heard the same thing said about Bisley Superfields, yet they are the best pellet by far in my Taunus. The same thing was said about Defiants, again,m they are the best pellet in my SLR and were in my Scorpion too. Head size is vital, the Defiants in L size produced a single ragged hole at 50 yards. The Medium head size opened up to 2" and the Small head size were just a scattered pattern on an A4 sheet.

There is only one way to find out. Clean your barrel, shoot at least 75 to lead the barrel back in, then shoot groups. If they are rubbish after that, then you can dismiss them and try something else. When you find a pellet that produces tight groups through YOUR rifle, stick with it because nothing will beat it.

7. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Easy coz
    there total crap, he was asking I was giving him my view on the pellets in question

8. AMV8

AMV8 Engaging Member

they're good for some variety when plinking - they penetrate like knife through butter - but pricey...

9. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Its not what the size fit is like for the barrel, its what they would do to a barrel that concerns me!

If they have anything other than soft lead in them they would not be going anywhere near any airgun barrel of mine.

May be ok on a cheap gun but not through £200 barrels, I wouldn't risk it, anything harder than lead is suspect doesn't matter how accurately they are made.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  10. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Well I got some to try in my gamo igt, can't even put the fully in me barrel , if you still want some really want some after this pm me your addy I'll pop some in post to you

11. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I don't think Royal Mail allow posting Censored,it's a bio hazard ;)

Can't get a better offer than that,thankyou to Mark for the pellets he gave me at the meet too :)

12. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

your welcome mate , it was great to finally meet you and your dad, don't forget when you get a chance to price that knife blade up for me, no rush just when you think about it :)

13. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Was a top weekend,great shooting :)

I've been looking at some Damascus blades,I'll PM you with some prices and options when I'm home ;)

14. Ballisticboy

Ballisticboy Posting Addict

When I tested the PBA and the PBA gold over two chronos they both had high drag and relatively low muzzle energy. The rifle normally gives 11.5 FPE but the GAMO's only gave 10FPE and because of the high drag and light weight they had lost half their energy by 30 yards. The energy loss with range will occur with any rifle and is not good for use at long ranges or in high winds.

15. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Made for USA where Lead Pellets are restricted - Expect will work better in FAC Guns better

BOB/R

16. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

I wasn't aware that the use of lead was restricted in the US (although stand to be corrected).

I strongly doubt they'll work better at FAC energy levels tbh - at our legal limit a .177 example will be doing 900ft/s +; that doesn't leave much waggle room before the sound barrier is reached and everything really goes to shoite.

The reason they're more prevalent in the US is because the marketing men have the consumer even more by that balls than over here and everyone but the experience airgunner buys on "FPS" :rolleyes:

Manufactures make overly lightweight rubbish like these to get unrealistically high velocity values for their guns; which they can then plaster all over their boxes to aid their sale to newcomers to the sport, kids and the terminally stupid.

The name smacks of being aimed at the yank market too - wouldn't surpise me if they released a "Team America, **** yeah" special edition to boost sales :rolleyes:

17. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Pellet Manufactures are requested by Distributors or Gun Manufactures to make Different Pellets

That's how Pax's current production Run is Near 50 Different Pellets for the World Market Place

Lead is restricted in Growing number of USA States and in Certian European Countries

Been Talks since Early 2000 to Ban it in UK - Is currently restricted over Water Sources

BOB/R

18. Ballisticboy

Ballisticboy Posting Addict

Highly unlikely they will work at all at FAC levels. The PBA is still a conventional pellet shape which does not work well at speeds above 850-900 ft/sec. In addition with the high drag (which will only get a lot worse at FAC speeds) and light weight there will be a huge loss in energy but not in spin which will give gross problems. Static stability will be around zero (the absolute worst for anything) giving huge gyro stability and dynamic stability will be . knows where with the high relative spin rate which will possibly lead to spiralling and very strange behaviour.

19. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Just like the Zombie Pellets lol