1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Gamo Phox

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Rayo59, Dec 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rayo59

Rayo59 Active Member

I am undecided to buy a springer or pcp I've looked at a few YouTube vids on the gamo phox and they all seem quite positive I was thinking of buying a used AA 410 or weihrauch hw77 until I heard about these £499 for a full set up
    any guys on here use them . I would only be using one for target shooting
    My rifle I am using now is my bsa Mercury from the late seventy's . Ive been shotgun shooting for years but now have the urge to rekindle my youth with a air rifle
    any advice appreciated

2. TargetVermin

TargetVermin Engaging Member

I’ve had one and couldn’t fault it :thumb: sold it too a member on here @andy_g

3. jonnyuk

jonnyuk Posting Addict

I've never had any experience neither the Famous rifles but I've had a few Air Arms and love them.

The s410 is a lovely rifle. I have the s510 US now and had the s400 before that.

4. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

I have had a Gamo Phox, wish I still had it, something about the cheekiness of it appealed, it was accurate, quiet, not outstanding but not bad either. Basically a BSA made PCP with a Gamo trigger on it. If starting out then a damned good bargain!

Jukebox and TargetVermin like this.
  5. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Great rifle, though a used S410 would be better

jonnyuk likes this.
  6. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

If you decide on the Gamo I'm sure my local RFD has the package In for £430...it's the silenci version too (removable silencer)
    Mine has been awesome and until last week faultless when it developed a random power loss issue and has been returned to BSA for repair.
    Love mine and will never part with it :thumb:

7. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

I've got the one with the removable silencer, had it for about 6 months now. Returned it once as it was lower powered than I like. BSA (It's made by BSA Birmingham) turned it up without quibble. It was a bit stiff and notchy to start with but has settled down nicely after 1000 or so pellets. It prefers heavier pellets so is currently shooting H&N Baracuda Match, I tried the usual AA Fields but they weren't good! Replaced the 8mm trigger adjustment screw with a 10mm one, trigger is now nearly as crisp as the CD unit on my prosport. Also removed the barrel band to free float the barrel, that improved overall accuracy.
    I previously had an S200, that was slightly more accurate but not by much. Many people told me to avoid anything Gamo but if you read through the forums you'll see far more expensive guns going back with problems time and time again.
    Used AA or HW will cost similar but no warranty. My Phox came with a lifetime warranty from the RFD.

Edited.
    I should add that one of my landowners has numerous high end air rifles and a few powder burners. He took the mickey about the "plastic" gamo until he actually tried it and realised that it's actually far better than the price tag and the Gamo name suggests.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    TheNewbieShooter and Jukebox like this.
  8. Roger65

Roger65 Busy Member

I’ve owned one,udon still has it. Great package

9. andy_g

andy_g Well-Known Member

I bought the one from @TargetVermin. Had it a week and a couple of trips to the range and so far so good. I think I need to adjust the trigger but that’s the only minor point but easily fixed. My lad loves the black synthetic stock so he’s shot it more than me!

10. Finnthedude

Finnthedude Engaging Member

I've got one and it is a marvellous piece of kit, you won't get any better unless you dabble in the 2nd hand market. The only criticism I have is that I have an early .22 with the fixed silencer (that was all that was available after all), if I had the choice to change now I'd get the mk2/Silenci in .177.

Finnthedude.

11. Rayo59

Rayo59 Active Member

Thanks for the feedback guys it's certainly giving me food for thought

12. stevil

stevil Busy Member

another plus for the Phox, i have a mk2 in .22 and cant fault it, easy enough to mod the trigger and that makes it so much better, its easily more accurate then i am lol
    the only trouble i have had is the air pressure gauge started sticking, email to BSA/Gamo and they sent a new one in the post, 2 minutes to fit and back to normal

13. toptaffat3

toptaffat3 Engaging Member

have a look at..SPORTSGUNS,CARDIGAN....cheapest hw77 around, and they deliver for £20...

14. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Handled one on a couple of occasions, the stock’s not really my cuppa “but” they get some decent reviews...

Fer “500 smackers” it’s gotta be worth a punt ain’t it ?... :thumb: