1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Gamo Phox - What They Don't Tell You In The Instruction Manual

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Metradio, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Metradio

Metradio Well-Known Member

This is aimed at new Phox/Air Rifle users:

When unboxing the rifle and pump you will find that the Gamo Phox filler probe does not fit onto the pump hose Quick Release fitting, for it to fit you need to remove the QR fitting from the end of the hose using correctly fitting spanners/tools and replace it with the Gamo Phox filler probe. The other solution is to leave the female QR fitting on the hose and obtain a male 1/8 BSPP Quick Release fitting and fit this to the filler probe. The correct QR fitting is available from eBay, Amazon etc

Whilst trying the fit the supplied scope you will find a metal pin on the scope mount preventing correct fitting on the rifle scope rail, the pin should be removed by removing the scope ring tops from the mount and removing the scope, the metal pin Allen socket can be accessed via the rear lower ring mount and screwed clockwise till it separates from the mount. Re-assemble scope and mount and fit on to rifle rail - it will now be fully adjustable. The pin on the scope rail is fitted so that it can be used on non PCP rifles where the recoil can shift the mount on the rail, these rifles usually have mating holes in the top of their rail.

Mike

2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Some very useful info there for those that buy one. Great stuff.

Blue BSA and Metradio like this.
  3. Metradio

Thanks Mikeyhall1, I felt I had to write this as I had to find out the hard way.

Mike

Dan1978 and Blue BSA like this.
  4. Jamex2.2

Jamex2.2 Engaging Member

Maybe it is in the manual , but :- a) How long did it take to pump up (and did it have specific instructions on how to do this with an empty rifle)? B) How does it shoot now you have it operational ? Thanks for the heads up.

5. Metradio

A) It came partly charged and I use a compressor, so I don't know how long hand pumping would take from empty. Compressor only take a minute or so to top up.
    B) Shoots fine, cannot fault it. Tried all sorts of pellets through it, cannot decide which ones are best..
    One of my better buys.

Mike

Blue BSA and 2506sendero like this.
  6. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

Mine came full of air, pumping takes 3 minutes or so from 100 bar to 210 bar or thereabouts. Easy to do and I'm 61 with a bad back, asthma and COPD. Can't remember what was in the instructions!
    Great little rifle for the money. Light and accurate, cheap enough that I don't worry about it getting a few knocks. The action is just a wipe down with an oily cloth, if the stock gets dirty it goes in the sink with soap and water. It's not a posh rifle, just a tool that happens to put pellets where you aim them. If you want good looks, don't look at a Phox.

2506sendero likes this.
  7. Metradio

Just had a look in the manuals - there are separate manuals for rifle, scope and hand pump - nothing specific on how to pump with an empty rifle, it is pretty well 'plug n pump'..

Mike

8. Metradio

Gamo Phox user manuals compilation in PDF attached...

Mike

Attached Files:

Dan1978 likes this.
  9. Jamex2.2

Jamex2.2 Engaging Member

Thank you for posting that. I see it says "cock the rifle" first, when filling. Daresay that is standard ( but I do not own a PCP yet ). Something to ponder for Christmas. I like using my Sharp Ace, but prolonged use is not fun ( Im 65 with arms like a fiddler crab ).

10. Metradio

Anybody know why you need to 'Cock the Rifle' before filling ??

Mike

11. johnerz

johnerz Active Member

Yes, If the rifle is not cocked and air pressure is very low, there is a chance (a good chance with a very low or/empty ) that the rifle won't fill.
    The air will wizz in and out at the same time. cocking changes the air flow and allows the rifle to fill :)

Metradio likes this.
  12. Metradio

Thanks johnerz, that makes sense..

Mike

13. Brooksy

Brooksy Posting Addict

It takes the hammer off the valve thus ensuring the full closure of said valve.

Metradio and Blue BSA like this.
  14. Mike Bowler

Mike Bowler Well-Known Member

I've just bought a Gamo Phox .177 and I'm trying to soak up all the tips and info thanks for all the input

15. Metradio

Glad you find it useful..

Mike

16. JasonT

JasonT Member

just picked up one of these today, 2nd hand, no manual for the gun so a big thank you to Metradio for posting it :)

had a quick go at pumping it up, but seemed the air was just coming straight out of the nozzle...not sure what i was doing wrong...more experiment later

17. Metradio

A few weeks ago I purchased an aftermarket filler probe with a Foster 8mm quick connector, tried it and it leaked air badly at the probe end. A quick email to the seller, got the reply "sorry about that, the probes we have just had made are fitted with the wrong 'O' ring seals, putting a few in the post for you now..."
    Fitted the new 'O' rings - problem solved..

Mike

18. JasonT

JasonT Member

cheers Mike, will try some new o rings from sonewhere

19. JasonT

JasonT Member

new o rings fitted today, works fine...bit of a work out though

20. Metradio

Sorry I should have said: remove/cut off the inner 'O' ring, the one furthest from the probe tip. spread a small amount of silicone grease along the length of the probe, slide the new inner 'O' ring onto the probe, slide over the top of the outer 'O' ring and into it's correct place. Remove/cut off outer 'O' ring and slide new 'O' ring onto probe and into place..
    The inner 'O' ring is replaced first as it is easier to slide it's replacement over another 'O' ring rather than fight your way in and out of an empty 'O' ring channel..
    Hope that made sense ?

Mike

JasonT likes this.